FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

8 players head for exit at St Johnstone

Saint Johnstone have announced that eight players are to leave the Scottish Premier League club.

Alan Main, Gary Irvine, Paul Sheerin, Euan McLean, Gavin Swankie and Josh Falkingham have been released by Saints manager Derek McInnes.

I think that Alan Main would superb backup but not sure he'd like that role at his age.

Gary Irvine was only released to free up money for transfers but was their player of the year last season in Promotion and would complement our squad nicely IMHO. He is 25 and plays both at right back or on the right wing.

Gavin Swankie is another I think could do well for us He's coming up for 27 so again best years to come. Plays left side which I think could maybe allow Foran to play in a more central free role.

Paul Sheerin is probably past it, Euan Mclean again a decent back up keeper perhaps outwith others and Josh Falkingham is probably a no.

we let go of Eagles because im guessing his wasnt needed as a left side player so Gavin may not be looked at, the rest however I see your way of thinking.