FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Greatest Ever Goal versus England!

To be honest I really don't care how england do, but am sick of the media ramming it down our throats every 5 minutes. It's done in such a disrespectful way to the opposition as well like "once we beat this lot and the next we can focus on the next round" And it's like hang on a minute. Get this game out the way 1st. No wonder England only managed to scrape a draw versus English championship elect Algeria!

To quote Kevin Keegan "capello should be saying "If you dont pick up a level you might not win this competition" No... if you don't pick up a level you wont get out the group Kevin.

It's like England have a divine right to win the trophy before a ball is kicked. This despite having done nothing in the competition at all, bar a semi final 20 years, since winning a different trophy altogether over 40 years ago. And there was only 16 teams back then! England are a final 8 side at best with two world class players tops (Rooney, Ashley Cole) and if the media could accept that then maybe there wouldn't be such blind hysteria which annoys not only Scots but pretty much every other nation going. One minute it;s Don Fabio, In Capello we trust and the next he is not able to do his job. Hell even the Brazilians have written themselves off and they don't have a weakness in the whole team. The Germans too.... and everyone knows you never write off the Germans.

So to the Team; do what you will, the manager; I feel for you but you're getting a decent wage for it, and the fans; support your team to the end.

But I can't help but hope they flop just to get it up your irritating press pack.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I really don't care how england do, but am sick of the media ramming it down our throats every 5 minutes. It's done in such a disrespectful way to the opposition as well like "once we beat this lot and the next we can focus on the next round" And it's like hang on a minute. Get this game out the way 1st. No wonder England only managed to scrape a draw versus English championship elect Algeria!

To quote Kevin Keegan "capello should be saying "If you dont pick up a level you might not win this competition" No... if you don't pick up a level you wont get out the group Kevin.

It's like England have a divine right to win the trophy before a ball is kicked. This despite having done nothing in the competition at all, bar a semi final 20 years, since winning a different trophy altogether over 40 years ago. And there was only 16 teams back then! England are a final 8 side at best with two world class players tops (Rooney, Ashley Cole) and if the media could accept that then maybe there wouldn't be such blind hysteria which annoys not only Scots but pretty much every other nation going. One minute it;s Don Fabio, In Capello we trust and the next he is not able to do his job. Hell even the Brazilians have written themselves off and they don't have a weakness in the whole team. The Germans too.... and everyone knows you never write off the Germans.

So to the Team; do what you will, the manager; I feel for you but you're getting a decent wage for it, and the fans; support your team to the end.

But I can't help but hope they flop just to get it up your irritating press pack.

JC_goodpost.gif Spot.Bloody.On

It's gone very quiet eh?!...

Aye mate , all the folk on here who reckoned england had a great chance of winning the World cup seem to have gone into hiding , thats what you get when you believe what the pundits tell you and not what you see with your own eyes . As I've said before a lot of posters here really dont have a clue .

It's gone very quiet eh?!...

Aye mate , all the folk on here who reckoned england had a great chance of winning the World cup seem to have gone into hiding , thats what you get when you believe what the pundits tell you and not what you see with your own eyes . As I've said before a lot of posters here really dont have a clue .

Unlike you who knows everything, yeah we know, blah de blah de blah. :rolleyes:

Not at all Oz , unlike you I dont believe all the hype . I like to make informed judgements and dont spout the usual drivel you do thats taken straight from skysports news or such . :rolleyes:

Of course, anything you say. Maybe you should change your name to DalneighOracle.

Careful that chip doesn't fall off your shoulder.

Not at all Oz , unlike you I dont believe all the hype . I like to make informed judgements and dont spout the usual drivel you do thats taken straight from skysports news or such . :rolleyes:

Of course, anything you say. Maybe you should change your name to DalneighOracle.

Remember it was " banter " when you fools thought you were going to win it . :rolleyes::blink::blink::lol:

Remember it was " banter " when you fools thought you were going to win it . :rolleyes::blink::blink::lol:

This fool never thought we would win it, this fool thought (wrongly) that we had a good chance of doing well. At least we had a chance.

How many good goals have England scored? I remember Owens against Argentina being half decent but still find it laughable how it finds it's way into "top 10 goals ever" polls and such like.

Though I do remember Maradonna scoring 2 perfectly legitimate stoaters into the 3 tabby cats in one game.