FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Post Mortem

After a relatively topsy turvy weekend in Englandshire there are mostly positive vibes being experienced down Chorley way. We have two goalkeepers who are going to keep each other on their toes - we have a blossoming and potentially solid central defensive partnership in Munro and Innes - we are solid in central midfield - we have promising youth in Ross, Shinnie and especially Sutherland, Blumstein looks that he could be an asset playing in the hole just off Rooney and we still have the three Dubliners to return. My concerns are both full backs as I am not sure whether Rosscoe and golly have the pace to live in the SPL and McCann has been very disappointing - that could be the chance for Proctor - plus Sanchez and Eric also do not appear up to the SPL.

If we are going to buy anybody else it is going to have to be a full back, preferably left footed.

This is the area that worries me, Golly is not SPL standard anymore, Rossco is getting past it as SPL right back and it looks like Innes will be a stick on centre back with Granty.

LB is priority, we will score goals i'm sure of that, we just need to stop them against us.

Give the boy McCann a chance. I watched him at Forres and there were glimpses of potential there. His first touch and distribution was excellent, even if it didn't always come off. There are a lot of changes afoot in this team, and what was on the pitch in Engerlund isn't what I would anticipate against Tic.

My concerns are both full backs as I am not sure whether Rosscoe and golly have the pace to live in the SPL and McCann has been very disappointing - that could be the chance for Proctor - plus Sanchez and Eric also do not appear up to the SPL.

I suspect you will be proven to be right about the above.....especially the Sanchez and Eric part!

Give the boy McCann a chance. I watched him at Forres and there were glimpses of potential there. His first touch and distribution was excellent, even if it didn't always come off. There are a lot of changes afoot in this team, and what was on the pitch in Engerlund isn't what I would anticipate against Tic.

Fair enuff in some rspects but Fleetwood and Stockport are on a higher scale to Forres but on a smaller scale to the SPL. But McCann has not impressed me - neither has Rosscoe, Eric or Sanchez - the SPL is beckoning and we simply need to strengthen in defence to survive.

I actually think that the first X1 almost picks itself already.

ESSON

PROCTOR INNES MUNRO A.N.OTHER

DUNCAN COX

HAYES FORAN

BLOOMINGSTEIN

ROONEY

I'm going to predict Tokely is gonna come out and be one of the top players of the year again, he has the determination, experience and drive to establish himself in the starting line up this season. Most players/signings who have done well in pre season in the past has had a bad start to the season. Dean McDonald looked like a signing when he first arrived, as did Eagle i think. I'm not going to judge any of the players who HAVE cut it in the SPL until i see them play a few games this season, playing bad pre season doesn't mean anything and it's only about getting them fit for the real fight.

• Agree 1

I'm going to predict Tokely is gonna come out and be one of the top players of the year again, he has the determination, experience and drive to establish himself in the starting line up this season. Most players/signings who have done well in pre season in the past has had a bad start to the season. Dean McDonald looked like a signing when he first arrived, as did Eagle i think. I'm not going to judge any of the players who HAVE cut it in the SPL until i see them play a few games this season, playing bad pre season doesn't mean anything and it's only about getting them fit for the real fight.

Totally agree with all that. :ictscarf:

Again I suspect that the support of Rosscoe is borne out of respect and reputation. It is not all about playing badly it is about not looking up to the pace, not having adequate ball control, not having composure under a bit of pressure, not being able to pass effectively, not looking confident etc., etc, etc. The players that I have criticised have shown little to inspire whatsoever.

Again I suspect that the support of Rosscoe is borne out of respect and reputation. It is not all about playing badly it is about not looking up to the pace, not having adequate ball control, not having composure under a bit of pressure, not being able to pass effectively, not looking confident etc., etc, etc. The players that I have criticised have shown little to inspire whatsoever.

Agree.

Would like to have given you green-dots for your Fleetwood and Stockport match summaries too but alas, I've run out for today. Succinct assessments though, both of 'em friends.gif

Sincerely hope Hayes and Foran will soon be injury free, and match fit before August 14th.

Hayes is looking to be fit for the Celtic game....not too sure on Foran though.

If you were going to single out two players who got us back into the SPL it would be Hayes and Foran.

• Agree 1

I can't believe Golly is getting written off. When he first came back last season I shared the view that he was past it, but couldn't have been further off the mark. He exceeded all of our expectations spectacularly when he got a run in the team, and it wouldn't suprise me if he does it again.

I am not writing him off - just remarking that I have concerns whether Rosscoe and Golly can last the pace in the SPL. They both played their parts last season but the SPL is a different prospect. They will be good squad players and that is why TB has been looking for cover in the right back and left back positions.

In his post match interview Terry said "Richie Foran and Jonny Hayes had scans today and they are now clear to push on for fitness" which to me sounds like they could be a few weeks away from being fully match fit.

• Agree 1

Sincerely hope Hayes and Foran will soon be injury free, and match fit before August 14th.

Hayes is looking to be fit for the Celtic game....not too sure on Foran though.

If you were going to single out two players who got us back into the SPL it would be Hayes and Foran.

I only meant Foran probably won't be fit in time for the Celtic game.