FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can you hear the noise ?

Scotty

I have to say that's exactly what the Antwerp players did to a man at the end of the game. They all walked over behind the goals in front of the away stand and applauded and high fived as many fans as they could get their hands on. Maybe that is the answer to drum up an interactive following, seemed to work for them.

Good post , green dot awarded .

How about singing Bridge and a castle at Falcon square full pelt on your own, Saturday lunchtime. If you can do that you deserve to sit in section G.

Or how about a pre-meeting place for the more vocal element(say under the bridge) at 2.40p.m , followed by a sing song as they march/stagger to the ground. The atmosphere would ten be built up on the way to the stadium.

Thats too easy,its too easy to hide and go along with every one else's voice, we want leaders who aren't scared to stand out from the crowd and let their voice be heard, leaders who can sing with a hundred or sing alone and still sing from the heart, fear in not welcome at TCS, Grande cajoles would back me up on that one.

I'm looking forward to the fearsome intimidating noise which will come from the home fans, The pressure of expectation lies heavily on the shoulders of the Celtic players and management, may as well deafen them too. no fear.

Sorry but I dont have any green dots left , very good post . Reminds me of Mackers ( R.I.P. ) and Scobie and meeting up at the Dalneigh park for a pre match sesh .

I think the problem is Scottish football in general. Its hard to get that excited about it when what you can achieve in scottish football is limited. I know myself I only join in with the singing if its an away game or a big game at the stadium when its full. The football has to be good too, watching a team defend and not play any football (last 2 seasons in SPL) doesnt add to the atmosphere. Hence last season was so good, atmosphere got better when the team was doing well and playing well.

The problem is and always will be, how do you get people excited enough to sing when your watching a meaningless game in March against St Mirren?

Pragmatic things to enliven the atmosphere? Get one guy with a loud hailer in Section G. That should whip it up. Get more drums. Get the bar thing going and lubricate the tonsils. Stand if you like. Antagonise or encourage those around you. Above all, relax and enjoy avoid carping and sweetie rustling dinna be afraid to vent your unbridled joy/ utter admiration/ hopeless excitement. On the other hand, give it laldy for personalised anger/ utter disgust/ howling frustration. Just do it. If you feel none of these things inspired by a football match, stay at home and take up knitting. Plain one, purl one, plain one, purl one.................

Four more sleeps.

I'm well up for this one; I ain't been anticipating anything like this for ages. I don't share peoples stated dreariness about the SPL. It's where we need to be. Not perfect, but its our top table, cats pyjamas, dogs nads. Give me one of these days as recompense for slogging yer way to Dumfries or Dumfermline or Airdrie and I'll be happy. Give me these henry's from Glesgae to shout at, they deserve it. Give me Lennon's gob to shut at 4.45pm. It's bigger than anything you'll find in Div. 1. And I won't miss C*unty. I'll be too busy enjoying the fact that they didn't get here.

Four more sleeps.

Edited by davie
  • Agree 1

Despite San Miguel being dead against any incentive, it is not an idea plucked from my hat - it works abroad, it could work here.

The more the club ingratiate themselves with the current singing support the better - and to increase people to be in a singing area - offer priority ticketing or some other incentive. This forum is about getting Terry's wish to come true - just talking about it won't make ajot of difference. Allowing standing, more beer, less zealous stewarding, will go a long way, but encouraging people to join a singing section needs an incentive if you want to make a real difference. Works in Japan - any proof to the contrary San Miguel>

Get one guy with a loud hailer in Section G. That should whip it up. Get more drums. Get the bar thing going and lubricate the tonsils. Stand if you like. Antagonise or encourage those around you. Above all, relax and enjoy avoid carping and sweetie rustling dinna be afraid to vent your unbridled joy/ utter admiration/ hopeless excitement.

I am sure Gino would love a holiday in Scotland :cheering:

img_1462_20100809_1138772151.jpg

Courtesy TFCpics.com

Move the family section into the main stand. Set up the north stand as sit anywhere for both season and non season ticket holders.

Instruct the stewards to allow a bit of latitude, only using experienced and sensible stewards in this area. The rest would follow.

• Agree 2

Is Gino related to Russell Duncan? Bit of a likeness there.

Well Gino is Brazilian .... and Russel has been called Russeldinho at times so maybe :lol:

He's the very man! He might get a bit cauld in the North stand in January 'tho, and end up looking like a hairy smurf.

Poor 'ol Ginodinho. You taking him over in yer suitcase Scotty next time you're over? I'm sure taking a drum or intstrument wouldn't be a problem if they were left at the club? Think the blue Huns have them at castle greyskull.

He has no dignity at all!

It was around 90? last weekend ... and humid ..... even for a Brazilian ! but just for you .... here is Gino in his normal attire geeing up the crowd ....

Do a bit of looking on youtube and I am sure you will see how effective a "capo" is for many teams ... certainly works for TFC ! (havent been beaten in the league at home since June 6th 2009 - 17 games)

img_1161_20100726_1283035810.jpg

I'm well up for this one; I ain't been anticipating anything like this for ages. I don't share peoples stated dreariness about the SPL. It's where we need to be. Not perfect, but its our top table, cats pyjamas, dogs nads. Give me one of these days as recompense for slogging yer way to Dumfries or Dumfermline or Airdrie and I'll be happy. Give me these henry's from Glesgae to shout at, they deserve it. Give me Lennon's gob to shut at 4.45pm. It's bigger than anything you'll find in Div. 1. And I won't miss C*unty. I'll be too busy enjoying the fact that they didn't get here.

Four more sleeps.

After your fourth sleep, remember to get up nice and early, so you can have Lennon's gob to shut at 2.00pm.