FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can you hear the noise ?

Scotty

Overhead after the Antwerp game by someone ......

TB has one wish for this season (other than obviously staying in the SPL) and that is for our home atmosphere to increase and perhaps mimic the noise made by our hardy band of away fans.............

I think we all know that TB went out of his way to highlight how well the fans at away games did last season. He was - from what I hear - delighted that we could generate an atmosphere at those games and sure that our "12th man" won us an extra few points .... but as we know the home atmosphere is pretty p*** poor (and has been for years - for various reasons) and anything we can do to have a "12th man" at home would be appreciated by both the manager and by the players who DO react to a lively crowd .....

:ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

So its over to the fans for discussion ...... what can be done ??? Can we all get behind the team and be the "12th man" that can push them forward to maybe snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat or a win where a draw seemed the best result we could hope for ?

Obviously the club are somewhat tied down by SPL and/or UEFA regulations so some things we all know might work may not be allowed but if there are any concrete suggestions, we will be happy to forward them directly to the club for discussion and feedback. Personally, I am getting excited that the season is almost upon us but if we could get an extra few hundred folk giving it laldy maybe that will help turn the TCS back into a fortress ???

for my own part, my suggestion is directed not to the fans but to TB and the team ....... At every Toronto FC home game, after the teams come out and do the lineup, photos and anthems they race down toward the supporters section and applaud/acknowledge the fans with one player in particular applauding and also making the gesture to make some noise ..... perhaps if our players engaged the fans in this manner they (or at least some) would be encouraged to start making some noise ..........

Its hard when any noise that the fans do generate drwns out into the muray firth, but theres nothing we can do about that. the thing about away fans is that have of them are p1shed, after the pub is built, i think it would be a wee bit louder

WHAT THE CLUB COULD DO...

I think when CaleyD was the announcer, the half time chat and entertainment seemed to come across better than simply something read from a script.

The music choice was better also, and this I think encouraged more fans to get involved.

Noticing the tune to the 'johnny hayes' chant, the appropriate music was played and it got the fans excited at half time.

Perhaps someone who can emulate CD's enthusiasm on the tannoy would help lift some folk.

there was the idea of a singing section, which obviously faltered due to SPL (and other )rules etc, but this was, in many folks opinion, over indulged by a certain former member of backroom staff. Perhaps Darren, Kenny or someone else can look into possible 'loopholes' and communicate to the fans what we can and cant do.

CAN: Stand when appropriate to do so - CANT: Stand up constantly

CAN: Create Banter with the opposition - CANT: Use sectarian or potentially offensive language (the 'g' word for etc).

WHAT THE FANS CAN DO...

Put the damn sweeties back in their wrappers (in fact just leave them in your pockets, or better still, at home) and get behind the team!!! (I know many people who sit in the main stand, and I know that they're more than capable of chanting - proven when in the pub, away days, functions etc)

Sing with those that do generate atmosphere, instead of giving them grief for it.

If you fancy joining in with a chant but are too embarrased to chant alone, move to where the atmosphere is and join in. (The more the merrier!)

What do the rules say about season ticket seats?? do you have to give people a name on their seat?

instead of being to an allocated a seat, could it not be a season ticket to the North Stand. Then those who want to sing/stand/conga will all begin to congregate in the same area weekly, allowing others to make a choice about where they sit. Thus if they don't like people standing or jumping up they can move along or go to the main stand where we could keep allocated seating? I understand that there is also the issue of the family section but surely thats not insurmountable given our average home gate. It will be hard for some people who have had 'their' seat for a number of years but surely they'd accept it for a better atmosphere.

I don't get to many home games (being Glasgow/Edinburgh student based) but when I do, my excitement at getting to walk out to the stadium is always slightly dampened by the atmosphere when i get there, it'll never stop me going but i'd still like more banter. Away days in the SPL and particularly last year were brilliant we have to be able to recreate it. TB demands it, i want to see him and the players coming to the fans (ala the Queen of the South game) more.

• Agree 4

I've posted this many a time but here goes. Clubs in Japan give discounts, freebies, assistance, priority ticketing, and allow early access to supporters that are in their singing sections. These are always behind the goals, are packed, drums, flags, ticket tape, more flags, lots of noise.

If TB wants more noise, then tell his staff to reach out - there'd be no shortage of takers. I'd be more than happy if section G etc were given some sort of incentive/reward in the way of free post-match pint, cheaper ticket, free programme, whatever, to encourage them and others on the fence to crank up the noise. As far as I am aware, the club have not made any gestures similar to this, correct me if im wrong?

I've posted this many a time but here goes. Clubs in Japan give discounts, freebies, assistance, priority ticketing, and allow early access to supporters that are in their singing sections. These are always behind the goals, are packed, drums, flags, ticket tape, more flags, lots of noise.

If TB wants more noise, then tell his staff to reach out - there'd be no shortage of takers. I'd be more than happy if section G etc were given some sort of incentive/reward in the way of free post-match pint, cheaper ticket, free programme, whatever, to encourage them and others on the fence to crank up the noise. As far as I am aware, the club have not made any gestures similar to this, correct me if im wrong?

You are wrong!

Why should you need an incentive to sing at a football match. Surely the incentive is your team doing well when you back them up. Im sure the money men at the club dont give a toss if people sing or not. Taking cash out of the budget to encourage suporters to sing is just silly. I dont need a free caley mouse mat to sing a football chant.

Thank-you Gringo_Jnr I was just waiting to see how long it took before the main stand was mentioned, but i dont often see the north stand exactly belting there hearts out and rocking the north stand apart from a few people in section G

Thank-you Gringo_Jnr I was just waiting to see how long it took before the main stand was mentioned, but i dont often see the north stand exactly belting there hearts out and rocking the north stand apart from a few people in section G

:_talktalktalk:

Sing with those that do generate atmosphere, instead of giving them grief for it.

:_doh:

Stadia rules, over zealous stewarding, lack of a sited singing section - Going back to the end of last season - Morton was near to being spoiled by a psychopathic steward - QOS allowed us free rein apart from a wee bit of stupidity about standing - the terraces of Ayr were heaven. Unfortunatley we are probably going to face a few ruff away days this season.

Plus can anyone tell me any club which has a vociferous home support ??

• Agree 1

lets not do the mainstand v north stand thing again please....

i dunno what the answer is to improving the atmosphere at home but agree with some of what has already been said like better music and alcohol at the ground. Sympathetic stewarding would also help but some folk are never gonna create a party atmosphere and we cant force them to take part unfortunately. on the other hand they shouldnt tut at folk who do as has happened in the past.

This topic has shown up on the forum many times. In my view all seater stadia has spoilt any chance of atmosphere because those that want to make a noise are kept apart. Yes, we have section G but that will only work for the, so called, lesser games. You can forget section G for OF games as it'll probably be full of OF fans!!! and you won't be able to get a ticket for it anyway (unless you go through a great deal of hassle). The music on the PA can get the fans going but only if the system is good and you can hear it. Our PA is pish poor to say the least but the club can't afford much better. As I say, you will only get a good atmosphere at small grounds like ours with terracing. Those who were at Ayr will know what I mean here. Even Man Utd's, full to capacity, 70000 stadium has been like a morgue at times. Bring back terracing and the noise will follow.

Stoke. Loudest Home support in the EPL two seasons ago I think it was with a decibel level louder than, on average, a jumbo jet taking off.

If you are talking vociferous Home supports in Scotland then I haven't experienced any.

Stadiarules, over zealous stewarding, lack of a sited singing section - Goingback to the end of last season - Morton was near to being spoiled by apsychopathic steward - QOS allowed us free rein apart from a wee bit ofstupidity about standing - the terraces of Ayr were heaven.Unfortunatley we are probably going to face a few ruff away days this season. Plus can anyone tell me any club which has a vociferous home support ??

Agree with you here IHE. some of the rules applied to stadia seem nonsensical. It seems that quite a few of them are "one size fits all" and have to apply in the same fashion to a few hundred at Victoria Park, a few thousand at TCS or 50 thousand at Ibrox or Parkhead .... and that just doesnt make sense. Then you add another layer where some stewards or officials apply them over-officiously, with their trump card of "football banning orders" hanging over you and you effectively have the erosion of the matchday experience, not just at TCS but throughout the country. However, maybe there is a way to bend the rules or enhance the experience and still stay within the spirit of the rules? thats maybe where we should see if the club and the fans can come up with something ?

As for vociferous support. I assume you mean within the SPL/SFL but anyhoo, I am going to give you TORONTO FC as an example ! 20,000+ at every game, 99.5% retention rate for season ticket holders, minimum 5year wait for new season ticket requests, designated supporters sections where standing/chanting and banners are not only allowed but encouraged and expected and all of this achieved in an all-seated stadium at no cost to the club who established dialogue with the supporters groups to thrash out the do's and dont's. In fact the club probably makes money out of it as they use the "experience" as a positive thing in TV and media advertising ! Could ICT do something similar on a smaller scale by exploring something like this in a realistic fashion? establish dialogue, thrash out the rules, have agreement from both sides to stick to the rules and let the enjoyment begin ?

letsnot do the mainstand v north stand thing again please....i dunno whatthe answer is to improving the atmosphere at home but agree with someof what has already been said like better music and alcohol at theground. Sympathetic stewarding would also help but some folk are nevergonna create a party atmosphere and we cant force them to take partunfortunately. on the other hand they shouldnt tut at folk who do ashas happened in the past.

Agree. each to their own. some are happy to sing/chant, others just want to sit and watch. We should accomodate both, perhaps in different areas and allow everyone to enjoy the atmosphere or experience the way they want to (within the rules).

Thistopic has shown up on the forum many times. In my view all seaterstadia has spoilt any chance of atmosphere because those that want tomake a noise are kept apart. Yes, we have section G but that will onlywork for the, so called, lesser games. You can forget section G for OFgames as it'll probably be full of OF fans!!! and you won't be able toget a ticket for it anyway (unless you go through a great deal ofhassle). The music on the PA can get the fans going but only if thesystem is good and you can hear it. Our PA is pish poor to say theleast but the club can't afford much better. As I say, you will onlyget a good atmosphere at small grounds like ours with terracing. Thosewho were at Ayr will know what I mean here. Even Man Utd's, full tocapacity, 70000 stadium has been like a morgue at times. Bring backterracing and the noise will follow.

You dont need terracing to bring back atmosphere.Toronto FC is an all-seated stadium and now, in the midst of their 4th season in MLS, i think I have actually sat down in my seat for more than 30 seconds.......... let me see ..... NEVER !!! Other areas of the ground (those not designated as supporters sections) cannot stand in the same way as we do. stewards will hassle you if you try. Its the TFC way of trying to allow everyone to experience the game the way they prefer ... and it works

Ive got an ideal, how about forgetting about what can be done to increase the atmosphere, im sure this topic has come up before, did it do any good then, just get your butts down to the TCS on a regular basis, support the boys and with abit of luck they will perform, if they perform then everything else will slot into place.

To answer the question, Im a great believer that the more the players and management staff interact with the fans, the more the fans will show their passion, if it appears to be them and us you will only get good vocal support if things are going really well on the pitch, the minute things take a down turn fingers will be pointed, scape goats will be made, the atmosphere will be non existent.

• Agree 2

To answer the question, Im a great believer that the more the players and management staff interact with the fans, the more the fans will show their passion,

thats worth a little green dot ;)

Stadia rules, over zealous stewarding, lack of a sited singing section - Going back to the end of last season - Morton was near to being spoiled by a psychopathic steward - QOS allowed us free rein apart from a wee bit of stupidity about standing - the terraces of Ayr were heaven. Unfortunatley we are probably going to face a few ruff away days this season.

Aberdeen :_shocked2: _shocked2.gif

I have to say that's exactly what the Antwerp players did to a man at the end of the game. They all walked over behind the goals in front of the away stand and applauded and high fived as many fans as they could get their hands on. Maybe that is the answer to drum up an interactive following, seemed to work for them.

Edited by tm4tj
don't be nosey
  • Agree 1

Morton was far from being spoilt, even the stewards were impressed with the wit and endless enthusiasm on show, bar one of course who should have been sectioned.

County have a vociferous support behind their goal at home but I think we are better.

I really like the idea of a season ticket for section G, with no specified seat just that location, what would be the entry requirements?

How about singing Bridge and a castle at Falcon square full pelt on your own, Saturday lunchtime. If you can do that you deserve to sit in section G.

How about singing Bridge and a castle at Falcon square full pelt on your own, Saturday lunchtime. If you can do that you deserve to sit in section G.

Or how about a pre-meeting place for the more vocal element(say under the bridge) at 2.40p.m , followed by a sing song as they march/stagger to the ground. The atmosphere would ten be built up on the way to the stadium.

Thats too easy,its too easy to hide and go along with every one else's voice, we want leaders who aren't scared to stand out from the crowd and let their voice be heard, leaders who can sing with a hundred or sing alone and still sing from the heart, fear in not welcome at TCS, Grande cajoles would back me up on that one.

I'm looking forward to the fearsome intimidating noise which will come from the home fans, The pressure of expectation lies heavily on the shoulders of the Celtic players and management, may as well deafen them too. no fear.