FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Does anyone remember Daisy Ross?

tokelyisvictorious

10 hours ago, highlandexile said:

It would be great to catch up with Daisy again.  Have so many great memories from the early days of caley thistle oh and some fantastic tartan army stories from back in the day!

I found myself standing beside Daisy in a taxi queue late one Saturday night some weeks ago. He was going in the same direction as I was so we shared. By now Daisy is bound to have been inducted into the Kinlochbervie Hall Of Fame alongside his venerable dad Lachie. That Inverness Cup Final at Grant St (5-2 v Ross County) in December 1995 was Daisy's finest hour. Iain Stewart got MoM for a hat trick but it was Daisy's day. Usual stuff... the head went down and Daisy charged off down the left wing to stunning effect. Daisy was a stalwart of what I call "the early Pele period" when Caley Thistle, slightly belatedly, got on its feet and began to succeed for the first time. We used to have a standing joke in the press box in these days. Any time a Kinlochbervie fish lorry went along the A9 during the game the call would be: "come on Pele... get Daisy subbed off. His lift is here."

I remember when at Elgin City,I was on duty with Red Cross and Davie got a wee "bump" was treating him next to the goal and he said "just stick a plaster on,I have a full-back to sort out, meaning he wanted back on to run more rings round him like he had been doing all day