Strachan sacked

starchief

Strachan been sacked from Middlesbrough.

I expect the news to concentrate on the failure of Scottish players. Only one thing wrong with that...it's not true (at least not the whole truth).

Boro lost Adam Johnson and Stewart Downing without replacing them. I watched Boro quite a lot over the past year. There was no width at all. I was surprised when Gordon bought Kevin Thomson. Not because he's a bad player. Simply, they didn't need him when a winger was desperately called for. They had people like Robson and Flood but they're more wide midfielders these days, rather than byline hitters. Halliday is still really a reserve, plus they got someone else in from the lower reaches. Spending that Thomson money on someone like Chris Eagles would have saved his job.

He'll probably be the next Aberdeen manager. It'll be great to hear his interviews on the radio again. Come on admit it, you've all missed him. :clown:

Nah.... I reckon he'll get the Scotland job when Levein makes a mess of our next fixture in Dublin.

I haven't missed him.

He'll probably be the next Aberdeen manager. It'll be great to hear his interviews on the radio again. Come on admit it, you've all missed him. :clown:

An arrogant little man that hates Caley, yeh ive missed him :laugh: like i miss relegation.

I dont think he was sacked , according to SSN he ripped up his contract and walked without any compensation .

I don't think even Strachan would have been stupid enough to do that. It's the sort of thing you would only do if you had another job offer in your pocket - mind you, perhaps Petrie had told him the Hibs job was his! :rotflmao:

I dont think he was sacked , according to SSN he ripped up his contract and walked without any compensation .

I don't think even Strachan would have been stupid enough to do that. It's the sort of thing you would only do if you had another job offer in your pocket - mind you, perhaps Petrie had told him the Hibs job was his! :rotflmao:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/9103816.stm