FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Always been a lot of specualtion, but......

SMEE

Ok...i been doing some pondering....and got to thinking...we often talk about the amount of fans that leave locally to go and support mostly the Old Firm. But, if they werent about, do you honestly think it would make that much difference to our attendances? If so...how many peeps do you think they rob off us on a weekly basis? Im not so convinced it would make that big a difference

I think it's one of those things where we all know it doesn't do us any favours, but you would be hard pushed to put a number on it.

Personally, I don't think there's much point in moaning about it, all we can do is put the best possible product we can on the park every week and hope to encourage a few more in our own direction.

• Agree 1

I would say the tables have turned and that we are actually at an advantage to other teams in the central belt.Due to the distance, I would say that ICT has become the first team and the OF come second to converted OF fans whether that is from being converted by watching regular local footy or from kids following the stronger influence, being their pals supporting the local team, as opposed to the team of their parents.

In the central belt,I dont think there would be that strong an influence to support Hamilton for example when Celtic park is only a few miles away

Locally a lot of people support the OF but that doesnt mean they go to matches, it may only go as far as watching them on tv or getting a new top for christmas

I think you would be surprised just how many people do leave the city every weekend to go watch the OF. I would put the figure in the high hundreds given the number of minibuses and coaches they hire.

In saying that, I do agree with you that the trend seems to be reversing though and things swing more in our favour with each new generation that comes through....evidenced by the fact that we are probably one of the few, if not the only team, that can show fairly consistent attendance growth over the past 15 years.

• Agree 1

Ok...i been doing some pondering....and got to thinking...we often talk about the amount of fans that leave locally to go and support mostly the Old Firm. But, if they werent about, do you honestly think it would make that much difference to our attendances? If so...how many peeps do you think they rob off us on a weekly basis? Im not so convinced it would make that big a difference

I reckon 300-500 football fans leave Inverness every weekend to watch mainly the old firm and aberdeen but there are more teams as well

Unfortunately in my opinion these fans seem to be very anti-ICT for one reason or the other so there is little chance of tempting them to attend the Caledonian stadium unless their team is playing

What really annoys me is the amount of Ross County fans that seem to be in our city, i haven't got a link but i'm sure there is an official Inverness Supporters club website

Have Ross County always had a sizeable support from Inverness or is this just a new phenomena?

Dougal

I reckon 300-500 football fans leave Inverness every weekend to watch mainly the old firm and aberdeen but there are more teams as well

Unfortunately in my opinion these fans seem to be very anti-ICT for one reason or the other so there is little chance of tempting them to attend the Caledonian stadium unless their team is playing

What really annoys me is the amount of Ross County fans that seem to be in our city, i haven't got a link but i'm sure there is an official Inverness Supporters club website

Have Ross County always had a sizeable support from Inverness or is this just a new phenomena?

Dougal

dare i say it? i know of a few anti merger fans who changed allegiance to county. traitors to there home town.

Dougal

dare i say it? i know of a few anti merger fans who changed allegiance to county. traitors to there home town.

Was just about to put the same reply. There are a lot of those going to see County now that i know used to attend Caley park in the Highland league days. Why they think thats a lesser evil than supporting ICT is beyond me.

"Traitors from the stand" plus some "pseudo" Caley fans who never admitted / realised that we hated Ross County - just behind Hellgin Shittteee - when they try and enter the Howden End in the Sky - St Peter will banish them to the fires.

Plus there is an influx of Weegies in Sneck and there has always been an older age Old Filth following - agin those who decried ICT and fought for Caley and Thistle cos the Old Filth were always their first love and allegiance.