FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Killie

Renegade

For me, this game, with the way Kilamrnock play right now, it's important that ICT win this in the midfield. For that reason and the fact that Hayes is out, I'm going to go with a 4-3-3 -

Esson

Duff Tokely Munro Shinnie

Sanchez Duncan Cox

Sutherland Rooney Foran

Subs - Tuffey, Odhiambo, Ross, Blumenshtein, Innes, Golabek, McBain

Edited by Renegade
  • Disagree 4

Our midfield was disappointing yesterday, but I don't think Sanchez is the answer. Just a wee bit lightweight for the SPL in that (midfield) area.

Also think Shinnie has put in some sterling efforts recently and might benefit from a wee rest - especially if Gillet is available.

Sutherland was one of our few successes yesterday and deserves another start.

I'd also like to see Duffy restored to midfield and so would suggest a 4-4-2 line up of :

Esson

Tokeley, Innes, Munro, Gillet (if fit)

Duff, Cox, Ross, Foran

Sutherland, Rooney

Subs - Tuffey, Odhiambo, Ross, Blumenshtein, Duncan, Shinnie, McBain

Edited by Johnboy

Quite glad to read about kilmarnock's apparent goalkeeping crisis, but I remember having similar thoughts ahead of a Georgia 2 - 0 win over Scotland; when they gave a 17 year old his first cap in goals.

I have no idea what to expect after watching Sunday's game. But i'd like to see us go with a simple 4-4-2 formation and use the youth/drive of Sutherland and Ross on either wing, feeding Foran and Rooney up front.

I would start with the same team. Some of them will know they let themselves down on Sunday and wil be out to redeem themselves. There may have been a bit of complacency after an early goal and they would not have expected St Mirren to play so well. There will be no complaceny tomorrow.

But tactically we have to be more positive. Against St Mirren we were usually outnumbered going forward and Rooney in particular never found any space. We have players who can pass - so lets pass it. Far too often it was the old hoof ball tactic on Sunday and with us outnumbered by a big defence, that was never going to work.

If it ain't working then the changes need to come sooner. Clearly TB has done a great job since he's been here but he's prone to making wrong decisions around substitutions. We have options available, so let's use them. It was too little too late and on Sunday we need to give the likes of Sanchez and Blumenshtein the opportunity to show what they can do.

Esson

Duff Tokely Munro Shinnie

Duncan Cox

Ross Sutherland Foran

Rooney

Same XI from Sunday but would have Sutherland playing almost as the 2nd striker right in behind Rooney as he was starved of support against St Midden