FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brisbane - Flooding

Scotty

Wow, what devastation !!!

Our company has several offices in Australia (as well as all over the world) and we know that many of our employees in Brisbane are currently away from work dealing with the immediate effects the flooding is having on them .... I think about 20 families in our Brisbane office have either lost houses completely or been evacuated and told they may not get back in for a long time - if ever.

It set my mind thinking that we also have many CTO users in Australia, and although I know a few are definitely in places other than Brisbane, there are likely one or two in that vicinity.

The best known to most of us - although there may be others - is "Gabby", a long time poster, and sometimes visitor to the TCS. I know he is (or was) in that area as we previously had a chat about the company I work for, so I just wanted to give a shout out to him and to anyone else from our membership who may be in that area, or affected by the flooding, and say I hope the flooding does not affect you too badly and that you and your families stay safe.

• Agree 3

My heart goes out to ALL those poor folks who have their lives ripped apart by natural disaster. More natural disasters have hit Brazil today. I have a theory, which may seem mad. But...i will share it. I believe that oil is in the earth, coz it is serving a purpose. And we are stealing all oil from the ground, and we are now seeing the consequences of that. I mean...what happens when you run an engine with no oil....it fooks up. I reckon thats whats happening to this planet!

Hi Guys

We are safe but I can't say the same for others in Brisbane, Toowoomba or the Lockyer Valley. I live less than 1km from the river not that far from where it opens into Moreton Bay. I went down to the river and watched furniture, tanks, 150m of river walkway hurl down the river.

We were lucky in Brisbane because we had 2 days warning that the water was coming. The poor people of the Lockyer Valley just west of Brisbane didn't know an 8 metre wall of water was coming at them until it arrived. It wiped out entire villages and farms with about 60 people still missing.

Thank you to all my friends from CTO for their concern.

• Agree 2

Our hearts go out to this devastated region..............more and more of this sort of thing going on worldwide. As I type Brazil , Sri Lanka and others are being hit. I met you several years ago Gabby and enjoy your posts.........stay safe.