Greatest Ever Manager  

224 members have voted

1. 1.

• Baltacha
    • Pele
    • Robbo
    • Brew
    • CC

Too early to judge 10CC I'm afraid. Pele the best of the rest for me. We used to give teams a couple of goals of a start in those days. Then we'd spend the whole journey home just marvelling at what we'd just seen.

Pele was great......

HOWEVER.......did he not have at his disposal Robson, Wyness, Christie, Ritchie, Mann, Tokely, Hart, Duncan, McBain, Hastings, Munro, Keogh, Xausa, Golabek and others...and fail to get them anywhere near the top of the First Division?

Pele was great......

HOWEVER.......did he not have at his disposal Robson, Wyness, Christie, Ritchie, Mann, Tokely, Hart, Duncan, McBain, Hastings, Munro, Keogh, Xausa, Golabek and others...and fail to get them anywhere near the top of the First Division?

What position were we in when he left?

Guest The Amorous Humphrey Plug

Who voted for brew! :014:

ha! that was me! i just felt a bit sorry for Craigie B..... on today of all days. thought i'd give him a sympathy vote for getting rid of barry's lovehandles or summat.

Circumstances mean that Pele will be construed as our best ever manager, but hold on, he was managing a team in the lower divisions whereas CC is holding his own in the SPL.  Only time will tell if he will go on to achieve the greatness tag or will Pele be the the champion.

Pele for me.  As said previously, took over when we were in a pretty precarious state, he brought in some fantastic players he knew from the Highland League (McArthur, Teasdale, Thomson, Stewart etc) and had us playing absolutely magnificent football.  Going up the divisions he had a great eye for a player who'd been released from a 'big' club and unearthed some cracking players (Wyness, Robson, Sheerin etc).

Also, the fantastic team spirit, attacking football, brilliant comebacks and cup shocks/runs.  The man is an absolute legend.  there is only one Pele.

As for the others, Robbo won the league and the Bells Cup and has to be considered second best.  Brewster was fortunate to inherit a side who knew how to play together and added a few tweaks.  Charlie is doing well but it's hopefully early days and Baltacha was *****.

We were indeed top of Div 1 when Robbo took over. Then we made some really hard work of winning it.

To be fair to one or two of the players Yngwie listed. Hastings was there for first two seasons in Div1 then crossed the bridge. Xausa went to Livi before the end of the second season. And Hart and Keogh didn't arrive till our fourth season in Div 1

Also, to be fair to Baltacha. He did take us to sixth in our first season in Div 3 amid a very bitter merger war.