FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time to bring Caff back?

Mrs Pauliebee

Guest donmac298

I think that's a bit harsh on Dods, he wasn't that bad last night and anyway you can't condemn him on one performance.  Although I like Caff I don't think he has the same presence as Dods who has saved us on many occasions.

Anyway who says Dods is definitely going to leave?  I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was still there next season.

Dods was one of the best players on the park against St Mirren so bit harsh to put him out the team after 1 mediocre performance.... was definately a penalty when he was pulling Miller back though.  Dod's knows in order for a decent club to make a bid for him he's going to have to work his *** off for the team but it does annoy me that he did make it public that he wants to leave!!

Caff can't head the ball.. we don't need to play football at the back, we need to defend first and foremost and considering we have not let more than 1 goal in apart from 2 occasions this season... if it ain't broke don't fix

We don't need to play football at the back, don't agree with that. In the last 2 games Dodds has been immense defending, but his out ball is just a hoof up the park missing out the midfield they then have to fight for scrapes. We used to play the ball across the back working the opposition we now get the ball up to quickly. Still what do I know just a spectator :017: :017:

"if it ain't broke don't fix"

It may not be broke Chibbs, but it's a bit flippin rickety!  It's not just one dodgy performance is it? 

I don't want to knock him, but Caff was a first team regular until that stupid red card, he deserves another chance.  Might not have the same strength as Dods, but Dods hasn't been "running on diesel" recently, Tokely is there for brute force and shove Keogh in too if necessary!

Seems fairly certain, from his own press interviews, his future doesn't lie with us.  Fair play, he's being honest.  Lets use the time left to build, put Caff back in the team, let the lads confidence grow!  We will reap the rewards!

Despite the fact that he's lalmost certainly leaving at the end of the season, Dods is clearly fully committed to the cause. It's a great comfort to know that Caff is there to step into the breach if necessary but the Dods/Munro partnership is the best central defensive combination we've ever had and we should continu to utilise it as long as Dods is available to us and playing consistently well.

dont forget that dods is captain even though golly is club captain. i dont think they should drop dods and i doubt charlie will. he has a great partnership with the in my opinion under rated munro. leave things how they are, if dods leaves caff is certainly not a bad replacement, i remember watching him against hearts wen dods was suspended or injured i think (may have even been munro) and he had a really good game and we kept a clean sheet at tynecastle.

Personally I thought against Mirren while he was solid in the challenge his distribution was God awful and any pass he made went right back to a Mirren player and brought the pressure back on us. It was the same last night although perhaps not as bad. I think he should stay in for Hibs but maybe another iffy performance might have CC thinking...