FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Munro and Duncan Farewell

Dargo20

Surely Grant will be given a testimonial match after 13 years service to ICT .

I would be amazed if we didnt give him a testimonial. Grant has been at the club for around 14 years and his loyalty, dedication and unfaltering effort should be rewarded appropriately with a testimonial.

Really hope something is being organised and if it isnt then questions need to be asked.

• Agree 1

Surely Grant will be given a testimonial match after 13 years service to ICT .

I would be amazed if we didnt give him a testimonial. Grant has been at the club for around 14 years and his loyalty, dedication and unfaltering effort should be rewarded appropriately with a testimonial.

Really hope something is being organised and if it isnt then questions need to be asked.

Both him and Russell should get a testimonial as Grant has 14yrs and Russell 10yrs it would be a great way to say thanks to them both for their service and dedication to the club

• Agree 1

Has there ever been a precedent set where a player of any club has had a testimonial after they've left?

Not sure but most clubs would have recognised the service and granted a testimonial a long time ago , poor show by ICT IMHO .

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I think we have been fortunate and spoilt for a long, long time, fans at a lot of other clubs keep having huge clear outs and all their players are just new faces, where as we have allowed a special bond to flourish between ourselves and the players over the years,we have enjoyed the progression through the leagues,the giant killing cup games, felt the pain of relegation and are currently making the SPL our home. All of which has been a first for the fans.

So I would like to say a big thank you to Russell and Grant and also to all the long serving players past and present, that have given us fans such special memories to cherish. (goes away to get a glass of Dalmore 12 yr old)

I look forward to you returning to play for an ICT Legends team one day. I wish you both well and hope you settle down soon at your future clubs and good luck.

• Agree 2

I think we have been fortunate and spoilt for a long, long time, fans at a lot of other clubs keep having huge clear outs and all their players are just new faces, where as we have allowed a special bond to flourish between ourselves and the players over the years

Think you are spot-on.

ICT have had 166 players to have worn the strip at some point or another over the last 17 seasons .... some for a long time, a few only briefly !!!! I know its not the same league or situation with regards to contracts, but I have the numbers to hand so am going to use it as an example .... Toronto FC, now in its 5th season of existence has had 112 players who have taken to the pitch (or been a sub) for the club so far in a total of 163 games. The player with the top appearance record has 92 games so definitely less time to bond and create that camaraderie in the squad as well as with the fans. TFC fans do have a chemistry and a bond with some players, just as ICT fans do with Grant, Russell, Barry, Charlie, Stewartie, Bobby etc (the list could go on) but many of the names on the list just pass through un-noticed and un-remembered and thats not something I can say I want to see at ICT.

Part of the ICT ethos, and an often quoted reason for us "punching above our weight" is the camaraderie. I know part of it is because all the players travel long distances during the season together, but I would have to say that I am also of the opinion that a lot of it also comes from people who serve with the club for a long time ... like Granty or Russell.

• Agree 1

I see Duncan is available for tomorrow's game! I thought he'd still be suspended...

Team news

Let's get a typical Duncan screamer of a goal tomorrow :twothumbsup:

No, once the wheels of the SFA grind slowly away, the games subsequent to the Hibs game will be next season so Russell is "eligible for selection" at Hamilton.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't figure at some point.

Shall be emotional tomorrow! Going to miss them both so much! :'( xx

Emotional again today . Was gutted for them on Wed and again today .We will really miss you both . Won't be the same without the names GRANT & RUSSELL on the team sheet. Hope Terry does'nt regret letting you both go. Good luck to you both and hope you get signed up soon .

Have to admit that I too found myself feeling a little emotional at the end of todays match.

These guys were more than just players at ICT and whilst I accept that football can involve tough decisions, it doesn't make it any easier and thoughts of looking to the future etc just don't seem to cut it tonight.

I have never seen Inverness play without these 2 guys being part of ICT. I actually felt quite down after the Hibs game knowing they will not be here next season. Gutted i couldnt get to Hamilton today.

I think what makes it so sad is that these guys in many peoples views still have alot to offer, especially Granty, i think if he was retiring it would be easier to comprehend but it is not the case. It seems too soon for this to happen.

The 2 of them for me are great role models to those who have watched them at ICT, 2 great, down to earth guys who gave 100% and never gave any fuss.

Whoever gets them are obtaining a bargain on a free transfer. Good luck you guys, wherever you go. You will never be forgotten and who knows you may end up back someday.

Edited by ajsict92

great pic from the bbc website, hope this doesn't break any copyright mumbo jumbo, credit where it's due tot he pic blah blah blah.

_52725436_duncan-munro.jpg

ICT through and though, lets hope both guys can get in at county to save relocation and up-heaving everyone too far!

• Agree 1

Went down the front to try to get Russell's jersey, he took it off to reveal a t-shirt with 'thank you' . Unfortunately for me he was too busy using the shirt to wipe his eyes.

Went down the front to try to get Russell's jersey, he took it off to reveal a t-shirt with 'thank you' . Unfortunately for me he was too busy using the shirt to wipe his eyes.

Sad day for them both . They are ICT through and through Russell looked really upset Grant maybe stronger at hiding his emotion's Just hope they get signed up soon .

is that the same Colchester thats been looking at Adam too? the have a strong back line but are on the market for a 20+ goal scorer..

Back on topic,

I have in the pasted had a few bad words to use about this two however.... You dont know what youve got till you lose them

• Agree 1