FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Liam Molesworth

caleyrule

I would take what this kid is saying with a pinch of salt. After all he is a young lad posting on a social networking site. Although you shouldn't judge a book by its cover judging by his twitter page he looks quite cocky. We all know footballers (especially young ones) don't always act as total professionals.

He could just be annoyed that he didn't get offered a contract last night. Its the word of someone who none of us have ever seen play or met against experianced memebers of staff at our club.

I wish him best of luck with his playing career. I am by no means calling him a lier. After all I wasn't at the game or on the bus so I have no idea what if anything happened. I am just urging people not to jump to conclusions.

Edited by Proctor
  • Agree 1

I would take what this kid is saying with a pinch of salt. After all he is young and posting it on a social networking site. Although you shouldn't judge a book by its cover judging by his twitter page he looks quite cocky. We all know footballers (especially young ones) don't always act as total professionals.

He could just be annoyed that he didn't get offered a contract last night. Its the word of someone who none of us have ever seen play or met against experianced memebers of staff at our club.

I wish him best of luck with his playing career. I am by no means calling him a lier. After all I wasn't at the game or on the bus so I have no idea what if anything happened. I am just urging people not to jump to ocnclusions.

Wise words, I like many others on here dont have any idea whatsoever what the story was about.

I feel like being sucked in to giving an opinion but think I'll sit on the fence.

Any other potentials coming in soon.

Fitba's a funny 'ol game, isn't it? I recall taking school teams and having some really talented youngsters available. Unfortunately, sometimes attitude and a positive approach to the game and your team are more important than your performance on the park. I'm as in the dark about this young player as the rest of us are, but I wish him well in future and I'm sure he'll have other chances. Onwards and upwards.

Does it really matter? He is obviously a kid who is trying to undo some damage that has been done, he has made sure that everyone knows ICT are a good club. Imagine scoring the winner against a semi pro club from an U19 side and then being binned. He must have been an emotional wreck then someone, who he does not know, makes things worse by trying to make out the coaches who binned him as being some sort of demons. Let's just leave the lad alone and hope he makes a success of his football career.

• Agree 1

Liam Molesworth

Things like this has only made my desire for football stronger.

Liam Molesworth

I havn't bad mouthed anyone at ICT, I like every1 there! It's a gr8 club and thts y i wnted 2 play for them. Don't believe what your told!

I really feel for the guy. I bet he wishes he didn't have a twitter account..

I am hearing on the grapevine that this lad would have been signed to the youths but this was allegedly blocked by a member of the board due to something between said board member and the players agent. IHE has even provided an encrytption above.

If this is the case then I can understand the bitterness of the opening poster.

I am hearing on the grapevine that this lad would have been signed to the youths but this was allegedly blocked by a member of the board due to something between said board member and the players agent.

If that is the case then why was he not told in private before the game? Indeed, why was he playing at all? But given that he did play and the coaches felt they needed to break the news to him, could they not have taken him aside when they got back to Inverness and told him in private? If it is the case that he was told the news in front of others then that is really not acceptable and those responsible need to be be clear that it should not happen again.

It is also surely of concern if the signing of players is dependent on whether the agents and the Board get on rather than on the footballing ability of the players themselves. Is this a situation Terry is happy with?

As for Liam himself, if he is good enough for the coaching staff at ICT to want to sign him then he is good enough to sign for other decent clubs. Whilst this will be a blow for him, it will probably be just a minor blip in his career. Whatever we may think about the behaviour of people associated with the club in all of this, I am sure we all wish Liam the best of luck in his career.

Anyone know anything about a Liam Molesworth? Currently on trial with us and making his debut tonight v Brora Rangers

All i can find is that he used to play for Stratford

Liam does hail from Bromsgrove in Worcestershire as stated in a post on here. Apparently he was spotted by several Scottish club scouts whilst playing for Birmingham County youth up in Northumberland and was offered trials with several Scottish clubs. His dad is chief scout for Bristol Rovers and he has a brother playing for Bromsgrove Sporting in the Midland Combination.

Shame he didn't achieve his dream of a contract with Caley. Perhaps that "wee" team up the road can find him a place. (To DoofersDad. Do you live on The Black Isle? There surely can't be two ICT supporting ex-Bromsgrovians living in The Highlands?).

Edited by Rousler

I am hearing on the grapevine that this lad would have been signed to the youths but this was allegedly blocked by a member of the board due to something between said board member and the players agent. IHE has even provided an encrytption above.

If this is the case then I can understand the bitterness of the opening poster.

Like I said - anagram lovers - it was due to a "Bent Agreement".

Hilarious as usual. We dont sign someone for the U19's, so obviously there has to be yet another behind the scenes conspiracy.

If it wasnt for these shadowy figures lurking in the backround hellbent on bringing the club down from the inside, we'd be in the champions league!!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I find it hard to believe that the lad went out to play a game, scored, was offered a contract immediately after the game and then before the bus makes it back to Inverness, found himself being released in front of his team mates. We're also lead to believe that a Director said something to the lads agent at some point within all that which lead to said contract offer being withdrawn...or was it the agent who said "no deal" (not clear from the allegations being made)!!!

I don't know what the real story is, but the one being played out on this thread stinks of Chinese Whispers and Half Truths being spun into something more elaborate to justify having a dig....roll on the start of the season and some football to occupy everyone instead.

Spoke with the club on this today and the comments passed along to me from Duncan Shearer were as follows:

I can confirm that the reason that Liam did not get a contract with our under 19 squad was the fact he is a centre forward (we already have 3 strikers in our squad) and we are ideally looking for a centre half to complete our selection process.

Liam performed well at Brora and scored what turned out to be the winning goal but due to having a small squad, with budgets to adhere to and only seeking one more player it was decided to let Liam go back South. This is no reflection on Liam or his ability as we do think he has potential but as stated above we have his current position covered.

With regard to how the news was broken to Liam I can confirm this was not done on the bus in front of the other players but on a one to one basis between me and Liam.

My assistant Scott Kellacher assisted Liam in getting the opportunity of a game for St Johnstone under 19?s against Livingston.

We wish Liam all the best for his future in football and are positive there will be a role for him with another Club.

As with all team / squad selections at ICTFC the Board have not and will not interfere in this process.

going to close this thread now as I think Big Dunc has basically provided the epilogue.

Automatically generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: there is nothing more to discuss really ..... believe whichever set of comments you like but it is no longer an "ICT" topic !

If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and the moderator team will review it.