FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Last nights debacle

dougal

Aye, tremendous banter as well - no doubt helped by the 3 bottles of wine he drank during the gig. Thank feck our result wasn't known at the time, cos he was ripping into a guy who foolishly proclaimed he was a Pars fan.

I decided last night not to log in as I feared being banned due to the rage I was in

I'm still seething but feel I can now get my point over without using to many expletives

Was last nights result the worst result in the clubs history it must be up there in the top two or three if not?

Let's not kid ourselves we were beaten by one of the poorer first division 1 sides who are all part timers if I'm not mistaken, guys who probably are posties, plumbers, bakers , traffic wardens,kfc employees and so on

Whether Butcher has lost the dressing room I certainly am not going to speculate but there is something seriously wrong with either team morale or the tactics being deployed

The league table doesn't lie and only highlights the crisis we now find ourselves in

Worst result in 17 years ? Yes I sadly think it probably is

dougal

far from the worst result in history

not so long ago brewster took two legs to overcome ayr

we lost 6 to celtic last season

it has taken us two legs to get past partick prior to now

side notes.....Golobart arrived at the club late on friday (He was still at the stadium at 15:00 prior to being driven away by Terry) to the go straight into the team on saturday and play again 3 days later....he is doing well in my eyes

we are five games into the league and out of one cup, personally i couldnt give a monkeys about the cup, frankly we are now better placed as we arre going to have one or two less games to play thus reducing potential for injury and leaving us better placed to focus on not being relegated which should always be our first priority. ok we are having a bad stint just now, it is not our worst, as has been previously mentioned, the year brewster returned we went 7 games before getting a win....think perhaps maybe we need to get a bit of perspective, its not like we have 2 games left of the season

We lost the first 7 games of an SPL season once - joining the dons in holding that record (i think) and still finished 7th or 8th.

This is not the worst start we've ever had. Yet.

Let's hope we can address it very, very soon.

BTW, Roger - told you so!! :nanananana:

:slapme:

Ok so of all seasons in the SPL this is how our first 5 matches have went.

2004-2005 - with 3 points.

P5 W1 D0 L4

Beat Ross County in League Cup

Finished 8th

2005-2006 - with 8 Points

P5 W2 D2 L1

Beat Alloa in the League Cup

Finished 7th

2006-2007 - with 3 points

P5 W0 D3 L2

Beat Dumbarton in the League Cup

Finished 8th

2007-2008 - with 0 points

P5 W0 D0 L5

Beat Arbroath in the League Cup

Finished 9th

2008-2009 - with 7 points

P5 W2 D1 L2

Beat Arbroath in the League Cup

Finished 12th and relegated

2010-2011 - with 4 points

P5 W1 D1 L3

Beat Queens Park and Peterhead in the League Cup

Finished 7th

THIS SEASON

2011-2012 - 1 point

P5 W0 D1 L4

LOST to Ayr in the League Cup

Finished ??

In 04/05 season we actually lost 8 out of the first 11 league games. We won 1 and drew 2. We still managed to finish 8th on 44 pts. In 07/08 we lost our first 6 league games and finished 9th on 43 pts. theres plenty to hope for.

Wins against Kilmarnock(H), Heats (H) and Dundee Utd (A) and we are back in the hunt....

....and after that it's only Celtic (A) followed by St.Mirren (H), St.Johnstone (A) and Dunfermline (H) before it's time to face Motherwell again this time though at TCS....

Can't see what all the fuss is about....

• Agree 1

From memory, I've seen seen crowds of people with their shoes off and representatives of the supporters trust calling for a leader's head for a lot less than this ..........

Perhaps we are on the verge of a second witch hunt or maybe a tad more decorum will be given to this incumbent than previous? I hope so.

The previous incumbent wasn't dealing with so many injuries and had an experienced SPL squad. We'll get there.

Granted on the injuries but the fact that TB has such an inexperienced squad is his choice. This for me is what is the root cause of our current problem.

Thanks for having the decency to reply to my post rather than just criticise. Good job I'm no a sensitive soul smile.gif

On a serious note, I am very worried about what this season has in store and do not share the 'blind belief' that often permeates through CTO. It's only 16 months ago since we beat Ayr by seven at Somerset Park. What has changed so dramatically since then? They, to the best of my knowledge, have not been acquired by the well heeled Sheik Ma Tadger and subject to significant investment? Can the only logical conclusion can be that we have declined so dramatically in this time scale?

It never ceases to amaze me how dougal comes on, starts a thread full of negativity then f's off again. One day he'll stay and actually argue his point.

To be fair, that first post was so full of genuine 'rage' that he is probably still seething after the result.

It was real 'crush a grape' stuff.

It never ceases to amaze me how dougal comes on, starts a thread full of negativity then f's off again. One day he'll stay and actually argue his point.

I'm 99% certain that I know who is other aliases are/have been on here and on P&B.

Sorted

You are asking quite a few questions.But you probably also feel that you do know the answers don't you?

Terry acted in haste before the season started and we can now see the result... he has started the process of repenting at leisure, not enough older timers with experience to steady the team, young players without experience now feeling confused, lack of leadership because of the foregoing, and so on.

In the circumstances what can a leader on the park say or do?

Also injuries, defeats sapping the morale and confidence,Terry's s possible raging rants in the dressing room at half time and after the game possibly adding to the depression of young men far from the emotional support and comfort of their native home towns, which, in turn could lead to thius and that.

Terry really created this problem so he now has the responsibility of fixing it.. Unless, of course, the players themselves do not have the character to up their game and play out of their skins, in which case what is he going to do? I think he had better consult a psychologist because, if he were to continue to berate these young men, then he could lose even more positive energy from the team.

I have only seen one game on the TV so many of you might say ..."what do you know" which is fine, but I would answer that on that performance alone I would point to three things as prime causes of the decline--apart from injuries, that is :-

1. Lack of urgency and the pass back instead of pass forward mentality.

2. No obvious passion and spirit. --(they are not local boys are they--most are from a long way away from Inverness).

3. Poor Management tactics--Rangers were given far too much respect and were allowed to play fancy passes all the time without any serious attempt to tackle or stop them. What? Is this the modern game now--"no tackling allowed,because our defence is sooooo good that there is no need for it?"

The Pimple's solution?--review all of the above, Terry, and at all times concentrate on pep talks that will encourage the players, not put them down. Otherwise.......? :ponder:

I'm 99% certain that I know who is other aliases are/have been on here and on P&B.

Who would that be then? Caledonian108 or Northersum on P&B I suppose you are referring to? What about on here - Birdog? Bridge and Castle? DALNEIGHCALEY?