FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The end for Hearts

starchief

Looks as though the inevitable end has come for the Jam Tarts. David Templeton to Rangers is obvious. I would have thought Black would also be ideal for either of the Old Firm. Without McCulloch and Brown, they're both lacking a bite-yer-ankles player.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3911799/Hearts-tell-big-earners-to-quit.html

Delighted to see Hearts and some of the repulsive individuals that follow them get their just desserts!

As for Blackie................suggest Elgin City is a more likely destination than one of the OF. Totally over rated as a player by many on this site and (from the limited number those I know in the game) regarding as nothing but a jumped up little thug!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Delighted to see Hearts and some of the repulsive individuals that follow them get their just desserts!

Sorry. cannot share your views here. Whilst the owner may have displayed 'comic book villain' types of behaviour at times over the last few years, and seemed to shake up the management team anytime anything looked like going right, and while they may have an element of undesirables within their support ... just like ANY other club (including ICT), I cannot subscribe to the notion that seeing ANY club potentially go to the wall is to be viewed in any way as a positive thing. I would not wish it on County or Elgin, I wouldnt even wish it on the OF, and I certainly dont wish it on Hearts. In this situation, it is the vast majority of "normal" supporters who suffer, the guys who week in and week out, year in and year out have supported Hearts through the good times, and the bad .....

I know several Hearts supporters on this side of the pond that also go to Toronto FC matches and they are all thoroughly decent. Wishing ill on their club is like stabbing those friends in the back IMHO.

• Agree 3

Thought he was one of the very few that held his own when Spurs trashed Hearts earlier in the season.

Not sure I can agree with you either on the supporters. Celtic have the terrorist supporters, Rangers have got the Manchester riots, Hibs for years were the worst casuals, with Aberdeen not far behind. Hearts equal to them but not really any worse. Most ok. A small minority disgusting. I'd still feel for those genuine supporters but it was always going to happen.

But I still wish they had kept Burley and challenged for the league. Who knows what a splurge of Champions League money might have done but anyone, please win the SPL for a shot of interest.

Outcome? Heart of Midlothian crash'n'burn. Hearts of Edinburgh (or whatever) to rise like a phoenix. Murrayfield shared. Romanov left with huge debts and a ground to sell. I'd welcome that. Maybe a new start for them, a crippling of Rangers and Lennon to stay at Celtic might mean a better season next year.

The biggest worry is that Romanov may just make it impossible for the club to "rise from the ashes".

The only way it could be reborn from the same "entity" is if the company completes the administration process and puts itself in a position which allows it to trade again. Romanov may just be mad enough to throw a few spanners in to that process to drag it out to the point where it becomes impossible for the SPL (or even the SFA) to allow them to continue as a member club.

You just have to look at the situation with Livingston where it was only an 11th hour agreement to sell shares that prevented them from disappearing altogether.

Sorry. cannot share your views here. Whilst the owner may have displayed 'comic book villain' types of behaviour at times over the last few years, and seemed to shake up the management team anytime anything looked like going right, and while they may have an element of undesirables within their support ... just like ANY other club (including ICT), I cannot subscribe to the notion that seeing ANY club potentially go to the wall is to be viewed in any way as a positive thing. I would not wish it on County or Elgin, I wouldnt even wish it on the OF, and I certainly dont wish it on Hearts. In this situation, it is the vast majority of "normal" supporters who suffer, the guys who week in and week out, year in and year out have supported Hearts through the good times, and the bad .....

I know several Hearts supporters on this side of the pond that also go to Toronto FC matches and they are all thoroughly decent. Wishing ill on their club is like stabbing those friends in the back IMHO.

Bit unfair to compare my dislike for all things Heart of Midlothian with stabbing people............:unsure:

Agree to disagree. Several bad experiences at Tynecastle over the years, whilst all the 'good guys' stood back and watched. More hate filled ground than either of the OF for me. Think you are right. most of their decent fans must be in Toronto!

I come down firmly on the side with those who think it will be a bad thing for Scottish football if Hearts, arguably the 3rd best side in Scotland, go under. Its unfortunate that they've been saddled with mad Vlad over the past few years. Not only has he been a disaster financially, but some of his managerial appointments, and sackings, have been ludicrous in the extreme.

Nor do I subscribe to the view that they are a horrible team with horrible fans as a previous poster said. I've been to Tynecastle several times, never felt threatened there, and in fact it has been a fairly happy ground for ICT. Who can forget the memorable Cup win there a few years ago?

Personally I hope Hearts survive and do not get saddled with an admin penalty which would relegate them. I would much rather survive in the SPL through our own efforts even if it becomes a 2 horse relegation avoidance exercise with Dunfermline.

I've got an idea. Why don't all the SPL teams go into administration, get the debts cleared off their books and then start with a clean slate - and with every team getting the same 10 point penalty, nobody is actually worse off!

(Well, apart from the creditors that is, but since when did fans care about them.)

• Agree 1

I've got an idea. Why don't all the SPL teams go into administration, get the debts cleared off their books and then start with a clean slate - and with every team getting the same 10 point penalty, nobody is actually worse off!

(Well, apart from the creditors that is, but since when did fans care about them.)

That is commonly known as "The Greece Solution".

Looking at the way the top officials run Scottish footbaljust now all I can say is "I'm shaking my head because it's all Greek to me anyway".

However, on a more serious note, since they have been a prominent and succcessful team in Scottish football for a very long time, Hearts' demise now in such circumstances is a very sad event. Saying good riddance is completely wrong and completely inappropriate.

Just remember that East Fife were once the top team in Scotland and even in great demand for games in England and now look at them--getting only 600 people into their ground on a Saturday.

This could happen to ANY team in senior football and the way the downward financial trend of our club is showing up right now I will even venture to suggest that, unless a large injection of serious money is made into ICT in the near future,it's anybody's guess where we will be within 3-4 years. Back in the Highland League?

Watching the SPL highlights yesterday I saw a "Inverness Hearts" banner in the stands, if Hearts go down the tubes I will feel no emotion for them and my first thought would be of possible new fans for TCS. You need to look at the positives of every situation.

Watching the SPL highlights yesterday I saw a "Inverness Hearts" banner in the stands, if Hearts go down the tubes I will feel no emotion for them and my first thought would be of possible new fans for TCS. You need to look at the positives of every situation.

Surely they would just shift allegiance [back] to Rangers? nanananana.gif

• Agree 2