FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DUFC V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

Looking at the reserves it will be a bit worrying if one of our defenders gets injured early on, there only seems to be midfielders and forwards??

Stuart Soane is quite capable. would have thought Golly would be on the bench, but he was injured in a reserve game from what I hear.

3 bookings in the first 15? Sounds a bit tasty. Hope we finish with 11 men!

Dougal seemed to miss a few tackles - especially one against Black - before finally booking a DUFC player. By the sound of the commentators, none of the 3 would be booked by most refs ... very fussy according to Murdo on Radio Scotland

just booking Lee Mair as I type this - 'not a bad tackle in the game' according to commentators ... definitely going to be a red card in this game -- probably undeserved.

Heres a timeline, with what I can remember of commentators comments

Roy McBain (3)  - commentators sounded surprised, nothing in it

John Rankin (10) -  50-50 shirt pull most times no booking, unlucky - ref seems fussy

Samuel (14) - commentators sounded incredulous, start wondering why Dougal is so fussy

Mair (30) - No idea why he was booked - not a bad tackle in game according to commetators

Richard Hastings (38) - commentators agreed that they have never seen Dougal so 'fussy'

Stuart McCaffrey (43) - the only 'deserved' booking so far

HALF TIME STATS

DU                              ICT

1            Goals          1

4    Shots On Target  3

4    Shots Off Target  0

3          Corners          1

8  Fouls (Conceded) 13

2      Yellow Cards      4

0        Red Cards        0

FULL TIME STATS

DU                                   ICT

3(1)             Goals            1(1)

11(4)    Shots On Target   3(3)

5(4)    Shots Off Target   2(0)

6(3)          Corners          1(1)

16(8 )  Fouls (Conceded) 20(13)

3(2)        Yellow Cards      4(4)

0(0)          Red Cards        0(0)

BBC MATCH REPORT

Obviously I wasn't at the match and didn't mamage to catch any of the radio commentary so I only have the above match report to go by. It doesn't make for pretty reading though  :009:

Inverness rarely troubled United and their performance was summed up when Dargo missed a penalty with six minutes remaining.

And the visitors had their goalkeeper to thank for keeping the score-line down.

Perhaps those at the game will be able to shine some light on how we actually played but it sounds like a very bad day at the office.

I really hope CC doesn't come out with the standard party line of late of how well we are playing and that we have been unlucky in games. I think it's obvious to all we aren't playing well at all just now.

Still I think it's too early for alarm bells JUST yet especially whilst Dunfermline are so poor. Saying that we shouldn't be relying on another team to be worse than us to stay up.

Tricky game against Kilmarnock next weekend and then a simply MUST WIN game against Dunfermline

The defending was poor today, we really missed Dods' ability to take command and organise everything. Caff wasn't bad, he made some great challenges as ever, but what we had today was 4 individuals rather than 1 unit.

BBC MATCH REPORT

Obviously I wasn't at the match and didn't mamage to catch any of the radio commentary so I only have the above match report to go by. It doesn't make for pretty reading though  :009:

Inverness rarely troubled United and their performance was summed up when Dargo missed a penalty with six minutes remaining.

And the visitors had their goalkeeper to thank for keeping the score-line down.

Perhaps those at the game will be able to shine some light on how we actually played but it sounds like a very bad day at the office.

I really hope CC doesn't come out with the standard party line of late of how well we are playing and that we have been unlucky in games. I think it's obvious to all we aren't playing well at all just now.

Still I think it's too early for alarm bells JUST yet especially whilst Dunfermline are so poor. Saying that we shouldn't be relying on another team to be worse than us to stay up.

Tricky game against Kilmarnock next weekend and then a simply MUST WIN game against Dunfermline

Agree now is the time we will really see what Christie is made of...

Sounded much tighter on the radio and we seemed to be unlucky on a couple of occasions.  United lined up in a similar way as Motherwell last week with 1 man upfront and 2 wingers supporting, think there pace caused us trouble again.  Also sounded like we weren't as ruthless in the air at the back as we usually are (understandable wih Dods out). 

listned on the radio hated the fact jim spence was the commentator (untd fan) and smug with it but we didnt play that well today and are now in the relegation battle like it or not why doesnt charlie give zander or morgan a chance  agree with last mess we really need to get something next week against kille 

That must be the most timid, gutless performance I've ever seen from an Inverness side, whether it's ICT or any of the pre-merger partners. Even at one goal up (and we should have been at least 2 down by that time) the players never showed any belief. It was one of those games you felt could be about 5-1 in the end. I felt CC was happy as long as it stayed 1-1 but there was too much of the game left for that.

A few random thoughts (somebody else can do the smileymometers):

Dougal was very fussy, even to the extent of giving us a soft penalty near the end. Felt he was a homer in the first 20 mins, but then he seemed to even it out a bit.

Caff was OK by div 1 standards we remember him by, but looked a bit nervy, and understandably not match fit, but we've become used to Dods and the other three being rock solid. The defending was sloppy at all three goals.

First half we were ripped apart down our left, lost count of the number of crosses from the byeline.

Utd had good movement and were all over the park when they got possession, or rather when we gifted it to them. They look a top 6 side without question under Levein. We looked very ponderous and took too many passes to get nowhere. To use a well worn cliche, we had no width.

Russell Duncan was missed as much as Dods. That's my opinion.

McBain, Rankin and Black can't all play at once. Too lightweight in midfield. I would drop Roy and one of the others, not sure which- Black wins the ball but Rankin can create. I understand Richie Hart was injured today but I would give him a go.

Barry- looks knackered these days. Get wee Zander on at half time.

Bayne- sorry, but all the effort doesn't make up for lack of talent. If anything, could have played alongside Granty today instead of Caff. He did a lot of defending anyway.

Dennis must play. We were a different side when he got his 15 minutes and he looked hungry. He actually replaced Barry though, no number 17 board this week. He won the penalty due to United panicking at his close skills, as opposed to Bayne, who can control it further than I can pass it. He won another free kick 30 yards out, and he had a run down the right wing which was as good as we got all day.

I felt sorry for Dargo. He was back foraging for the ball in his own half as he got no service. Can't blame him if he wants another club, he's a mercenary with no ties/obligations to Inverness apart from us resurrecting his career.

Also we had a poor support this week (so did Utd, crowd looked very poor). Apart from the usual couple of dozen guys trying to get it going all game (and the usual couple of dozen stewards trying to stop them) we didn't really manage to make much noise and the players never gave us much to warm us up either.