FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley Thistle football shirt history

Guest Oldshirts

Guest Oldshirts

Hi

I'd like to introduce my new website, www.oldfootballshirts.com .

I'm not selling anything, the site is a photographic history of replica footballshirts, contributed to by fans. All you need to do is take a photo of your shirt(s) and add them to the site.

So far plenty of Scottish shirts added, although none from ICT, It would be great to see a few on there.

I've been asked to put a link to this site on it which I have done, but it's on a page with no shirts! http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/old-Inver...rts-tid169.html

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any new photos being submitted.

Cheers

Phil

currently trying to 'recover' a drive that has more than 4000 pictures on it .... have quite a few of the old shirts within that .... will post them if i can make the drive well again  :011:

Hey, great idea, nice site.  However, got a point to make that I am suprised hasn't been done yet.  Since ICT are only 12 years old, the shirts that you have under our name aren't of ICT (at least the 86 one anyway), they are one of the two teams before we merged.  Thought I would point that out!

Yeah Scott I noticed that, however, think it might be worth the while to keep them shirts away from ICT alltogether....  I don't know why, I just get a feeling.

You could be right, maybe the site creator could create a section for teams that are no longer in existence - Third Lanark, Clydebank, Caledonian, Inverness Thistle etc etc ....

I'll upload a couple of ICT shirts in a day or two. I only have last year's and the white away one from 96/7. I'll give him a couple of Caley shirts too and he can do what he likes.

Anybody else who fancies photographing any ICT shirts can send the raw pic to me if they like, if they don't have editing software.

Also any Caley shirts for my website (I only have 91-2 Umbro/Turnbull Sports Everton lookalike thingy and the Matchwinner one from 93-4) gratefully received.

This is something myself and Don were talking about for the history section .... to see if we could get ALL tops from all seasons added. We have scores, reports and such like and I probably have around 4000 pics from the first few years so hopefully we might be able to do something along these lines.

I know of someone who would hopefully create artwork showing them so that we are not breaking any photo copyright if we could get the actual pics and then render an artists impression [similar to the shirts used in the next fixture module (but bigger)] ....

so if anyone has pics, they could be sent to me here and we can try and create this history section ......... (as well as filling out the ICT pages of the oldshirts site  :004:

Guest Oldshirts

Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated.

As for the distinction from all the changes that have happened resulting in ICT, the problem I have with the site is if I put them down as the old team name, then they won't feature on the same page, and ideally they are all relevent to the history of what has now become ICT.

I have thought about the idea of a section for teams that have gone, and there are a few of them, but realistically I am not going to get many shirts submitted, and I think that section of the site would become a bit "tumbleweed" if you know what I mean.

I spoke with AFC Wimbledon fans about precisely this, and they asked that any old Wimbledon shirts (pre 2002) should be shown on the AFC Wimbledon page, and obviously in their situation, none of the MK Dons shirts should be associated with them.

So if it's OK with you guys, I'll keep them all on the ICT page, and if when you submit your photos, make it clear in the comments box as to which team it was that played in that shirt.

Hope this meets with universal approval, as you can see from the site, it's a bit of fun, has some really interesting stuff on it, and it is growing every day. Keep checking back, and keep adding your photos. (remember, they have to be your own photos, of your own shirts (or your mates), or photos you have taken.

All the best for Christmas and the rest of the season.

Phil

I have created a page with all the shirt pictures I can currently lay my hands on .... can anyone help fill the blanks or correct any errors ?

The page is here : http://www.caleythistleonline.com/shirts.html

note: The pictures displayed are either copyrighted to CaleyThistleOnline.com or have been supplied by Gordon Gillespie, Peter Paul or others for our use. It is not our intention to violate anyone's copyright by displaying these pictures so if anyone sees a picture that is copyrighted elsewhere, please let us know.

20 shirts on here http://www.caleythistleonline.com/shirts.html now including a few missing ones from my list that were added to oldfootballshirts.com by Mantis and D Taylor - Phil has given me permission to use any ICT shirt pics he gets on his site so that I can update the idea I mentioned earlier in the thread. so if anyone has any other pics, either send them this way or load em up on www.oldfootballshirts.com ... lets see if we can get a full set !!