FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team fer Midden

You are learning Luke Skywalker !! That is what I would have gone for except Warren may not be match fit and Richie was immense at Brechin at the back. I also hope that the role of Andrew Shinnie is sorted out and that would be dependent on playing somebody with more passing skill in the middle. I also suspect that TB may well adhere to his Sutherland theory,

Very true. About warren. But I think he's going to be no1 centre half this year so I put him in anyway. Perhaps swap foran and Ross aswell. Foran has great delivery and wins the wide balls from esson 99% of the time. And if Ross is in the middle he can provide more of a creative threat.

Esson

Cooper, Warren, King, G Shinnie

Foran, Draper

Sutherland, A Shinnie, Doran

McKay

Subs: Reguero, Meekings, Raven, Ross, Tudur-Jones, Oswell, Pepper

Sutherland is NOT a winger. McKay up-front alone does NOT work.

For me -

Esson

Meekings Warren King G.Shinnie

Draper

Doran------------------------------Foran

A.Shinnie

McKay Oswell

Subs - Reguero, Sutherland, Jones, Raven, Cooper, Ross, Pepper

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

For me -

Esson

Draper

A.Shinnie

McKay Oswell

Subs - Reguero, Sutherland, Jones, Raven, Cooper, Laing, Pepper

Bit harsh on Nick Ross

For me -

Esson

Draper

A.Shinnie

McKay Oswell

Subs - Reguero, Sutherland, Jones, Raven, Cooper, Ross, Pepper

That would be my team too. Only thing is Cooper is on crutches with not-too-serious ligament damage and I don't think he will make it. His place on the bench goes to Morrison.

- Esson -

-Cooper - Warren(if fit) - Meekings - G.Shinnie -

- Foran - Jones -

- McKay - A.Shinnie - Doran -

- Sutherland -

Then a bench. Better playing a quicker, smaller McKay wide feeding of a holding Sutherland. Sutherland height in box for crosses. Foran is a holding mid now I think. Maybe play Draper instead of Jones. And King if available ahead of Meekings. Meekings right back in that case.

- Esson -

-Cooper - Warren(if fit) - Meekings - G.Shinnie -

- Foran - Jones -

- McKay - A.Shinnie - Doran -

- Sutherland -

Then a bench. Better playing a quicker, smaller McKay wide feeding of a holding Sutherland. Sutherland height in box for crosses. Foran is a holding mid now I think. Maybe play Draper instead of Jones. And King if available ahead of Meekings. Meekings right back in that case.

How is the Decision Making course going ?

Foran is suspended for this Saturdays game and i think he will be a huge loss given his impressive defensive showings in pre-season. Heard that OTJ is doubtful as well so based on that then i would imagine we would go with something along these lines:

----ESSON----

----RAVEN----WARREN----KING----SHINNIE----

----DRAPER--------MORRISON/ROSS----

ROSS/SUTHERLAND--------SHINNIE--------DORAN

----MCKAY----

Didnt realise that Foran was suspended - that is a "massive" loss and will be very time that he is unavailable. Apart from Esson and Shinnie this is going to be a makeshift defence. I would be very surprised if Meekings isnt going to be one of the central defenders and will be paired with either Warren or King - but that will be a partnership that has never played together before.

In many ways I dont think that OTJ is ready yet and I feared that TB would / will go fer a OTJ/Draper combination. The selection, tactics and formation is going to be crucial and a very early "test" to ascertain whether TB has altered his SPL thinking.