FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merger Talk

TheCaleyjags123

Or, more accurately ICT 3, Ross County 1

Indeed County are also a merger, as can be seen in my signature.

In addition to this, despite claims he no longer visits this site, Birdog has stolen my signature and using it on P&B!  :swear:

Two minutes after the announcement that Terry is staying and Dougal posts another boring anti-merger tirade! Why am I not surprised?

Remind me of your whereabouts pre-merger?

Remind me when you started taking an interest in Inverness football?

Remind me of your birthplace?

Another ICT incomer lays down the law.

Why am I not surprised?

Dougal

How can I remind you when I haven't told you before?

But for your information the answer to your questions are:

Remind me of your whereabouts pre-merger?  Inverness

Remind me when you started taking an interest in Inverness football?  1975

Remind me of your birthplace? England

I know I've only been in Inverness for 37 years so I would be really grateful if you would advise me how much longer I need to be resident here to be able to have a valid opinion on the subject?

• Agree 9

Two minutes after the announcement that Terry is staying and Dougal posts another boring anti-merger tirade! Why am I not surprised?
Remind me of your whereabouts pre-merger? Remind me when you started taking an interest in Inverness football? Remind me of your birthplace? Another ICT incomer lays down the law. Why am I not surprised? Dougal
How can I remind you when I haven't told you before?   But for your information the answer to your questions are:   Remind me of your whereabouts pre-merger?  Inverness Remind me when you started taking an interest in Inverness football?  1975 Remind me of your birthplace? England   I know I've only been in Inverness for 37 years so I would be really grateful if you would advise me how much longer I need to be resident here to be able to have a valid opinion on the subject?
Fair enough Doofersdad I can only apologise for singling you out without knowing your background I'll be first to admit if the answers you gave are correct then you are probably more qualified than myself to voice your opinion considering I wasn't in Inverness during the murder( sorry merger) although I was born in Raigmore and lived in the Sneck before and after/now Anyway I think it's time I took a break from CTO as it's not doing my high blood pressure any good especially when there's threads like this one on the go Sorry again Dougal
  • Agree 3

Dougal, hats off to you for apologising.  Much appreciated.

But don't take a rest from CTO.  I for one welcome your posts provided you keep off off the subject of the merger.  I don't always agree with your posts - in fact, I hardly ever agree with your posts - but you often express a valid alternative point of view and say things other folk aren't prepared to.  A lot of folk make derogative comments about you but that is not done in a nasty way, they actually enjoy your "alternative" posts and the opportunity it provides them (me included!) to give a smart *rse response.  We love you really!

Keep the posts coming but, as Basil Fawlty would say "Don't mention the merger!"

• Agree 2

DD - agree with you - as you say ol' Dougal's posts often offer an alternative view but at other times they just light the blue touch paper (or should that be green touch paper) and he can stand well back and watch the entertainment unfold  :wink:

Dougal - just keep taking the medication for the blood pressure and keep the posts coming :blink:

Dougal, hats off to you for apologising.  Much appreciated.

But don't take a rest from CTO.

"Don't mention the merger!"

"We mentioned it 340 times but I think we got away with it!" :laugh:

But righ'eenuff Doogie... your other posts are actually very constructive. For instance look at the excellent thread you started on restaurants in Olde Inverness/ Memories.

• Agree 1

Remind me of your whereabouts pre-merger?

Remind me when you started taking an interest in Inverness football?

Remind me of your birthplace?

Another ICT incomer lays down the law.

Why am I not surprised?

Dougal

How can I remind you when I haven't told you before?

But for your information the answer to your questions are:

Remind me of your whereabouts pre-merger?  Inverness

Remind me when you started taking an interest in Inverness football?  1975

Remind me of your birthplace? England

I know I've only been in Inverness for 37 years so I would be really grateful if you would advise me how much longer I need to be resident here to be able to have a valid opinion on the subject?

Fair enough Doofersdad I can only apologise for singling you out without knowing your background

I'll be first to admit if the answers you gave are correct then you are probably more qualified than myself to voice your opinion considering I wasn't in Inverness during the murder( sorry merger) although I was born in Raigmore and lived in the Sneck before and after/now

Anyway I think it's time I took a break from CTO as it's not doing my high blood pressure any good especially when there's threads like this one on the go

Sorry again

Dougal

Never apologise man,it's the first sign of giving in and accepting the wrongs!!

It's a message board everyone has their view,some agree some don't that's what makes them good or bad.

You won't see Charles Bannerman apologising :tongue: :tongue: i notice he still hasn't answered the questions asked obviously a bit too controversial :amazed: :amazed:

:wave:

• Agree 1

There's a nice pre merger programme for sale on eBay of the January 1994 league meeting between Caley and Thistle.  The starting price was set at 50p and such is the fanaticism of all the hordes that could never reconcile themselves to the merger that the bidding war has caused the current price to soar to - er - 50p.

Actually, joking aside, this might be an interesting item to have.  Presumably this must have been one of the last matches to have been played between the two sides before they merged and therefore an interesting item for all fans, whether supporters of the merger or not.

Now sold for 50p.

Hard to believe this is almost 20 years ago.  So many great memories of Caley, Telford Street and the Howden End, however this Howdender has no regrets about the merger, and the subsequent achievements and successes, in my opinion, vindicate the very difficult and troubled process to complete the merger.

What was the deal with Clach and the merger?  I'm sure they were involved in the negotiations at some stage and then pulled out (something to do with them having a bit of a resurgence in the early 90s).  How close were we of seeing Inverness Clachnacuddin Caledonian Thistle?