FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merger Talk

TheCaleyjags123

To be blunt Thistle were a fine family orientated, straight laced, inoffensive football club. Caledonian FC was a feckin institution.

and now ICT are a fine, family orientated, straight laced, inoffensive football club that has become a feckin institution in just 18 seasons .....

Well done Scotty - that is the finest, concise reposte I have witnessed in a long time. My initial intent was to show that the historical recordings of the merger have appeared to denigrate the followers of Caledonian FC. Many of the "Rebels" were basically loyal followers of a club steeped in its own tradition and history. A lot of people feel that the merger should be forgotten but it simply is a major part of the birth of Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Some people also tend to minimise the effect that it had on many supporters of both clubs and I would compare it with present day news that ICT and Ross County were looking at a merger. I wonder how many of the yoof and post merger devotees would react to that possibility.

I like Buckett because he turned out all right :wink: .

I like IHE  because he's different. :smile:

I like coming on here because it helps me to relax and keeps me sane. :wave:  In an adult world, like, where I can post drivel if I like and still be appreciated. :laugh:

I like    www.destiniesinmotion.com    because it transports me to a world of fantasy. Which we all need in trying times and often therein find reminders of what is really important in our life's journey.

And I love My Caley Thistle fix which I hope I will continue to enjoy for a very long time to come , even into IHE's dotage which. methinks, is just around the coroner...oops! sorry, corner. :notworthy:

Many of the "Rebels" were basically loyal followers of a club steeped in its own tradition and history.

Aye but surely most of them supported caley too ? :tongueincheek:  

Well that was part of my point - there were considerably more dissatisfied punters from the Caley side becos there was more of a bond with the club, a fear that it could die and that Caley had the capability of going it alone. The main people who fought the Jeggie corner were mainly committee members and individuals with a stake in the club. The Caley Rebels were mainly foot soldiers.

And I love My Caley Thistle fix which I hope I will continue to enjoy for a very long time to come , even into IHE's dotage which. methinks, is just around the coroner...oops! sorry, corner. :notworthy:

And that is all the requisites that you require in order to post whatever you should wish on this forum and on any relevant subject matter. Don't let the ******** make you do anything otherwise. No offence taken as after all I am Immortal.

Many of the "Rebels" were basically loyal followers of a club steeped in its own tradition and history.

Aye but surely most of them supported caley too ? :tongueincheek:   

Well that was part of my point - there were considerably more dissatisfied punters from the Caley side becos there was more of a bond with the club, a fear that it could die and that Caley had the capability of going it alone. The main people who fought the Jeggie corner were mainly committee members and individuals with a stake in the club. The Caley Rebels were mainly foot soldiers.

I think the famous IHE has just been whooshed............. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by TheMantis

I'm getting really bored wth this thread!

And yet you continue to post on it, thus keeping it alive.

Sorry Charles, but I think you're as addicted to "Merger Talk" as everyone else who's posted on this thread!

But who have we got other than Mr Bannerman who has the intellect and dramatic, journalistic potential to pen an alternative Fairy Tale ?!!

I wonder to whom you could be referring!

OCH!

Well, just purchase a copy of www.destiniesinmotion.com or download the ebook, now at $2.99 --- it could never be cheaper ... a fairytale containing all the fantasy that you will ever need, a cast of thousands, witches, wizards, monsters, romance for the young at heart, portals into other dimensions and derring-do till the cows come home.

Sigh, one day I will just have to tell you about it....

e.g. did you know that you can download a free Kindle or, better still, use the link on the "Purchase" page of the website to go to Amazon and use their "SEE INSIDE" feature which is brilliant because it allows you to browse substantial parts of the book all free of charge.

Enjoy..

Enjoy

Nope there is one being fostered in ma cranium - "Amongst lots of sods" by Charlie Binman - a tale of the merger of three families in the fabled land of Sneck. Available for £25.00 from www.feckinripoffmun.com but a download will soon be available on this thread.

A better ditty would be "The Thistle and the Eagle" the story of how two small clubs became a big club and how the merger of those two clubs has grown into a bigger conspiracy than The New World Order, Boswell and the assassination of JFK....

Soon to be an ITV mini series....

• Agree 1