FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merger Talk

TheCaleyjags123

The bludgeoned and debilitated eagle, the personification of the Howden Enders, may have been in cardiac distress but the soul and spirit lived on - and always will. :smile: 

The dispirited and "dying" Howden Ender family gathered strength to, at least, go out with a feckin blast. The mighty Golspie Sutherland fell to a 15-0 defeat, the Jeggies were hammered :happy: in the last ever game at the dilapidated Kingsmills Meeting Place and, before the unfortunate fire :lol:  :lol:  the Howden Enders won yet another F1 trophy, speeding ahead from the Mechanics of Forres :lol:  :lol: .

And then it was on to the final Howden Ender and Jeggie meet at the Telford Street Meeting Place - the illegal or so feckin what return of the legend otherwise known as Barley Yoghurt. This was the only feckin goal.

Perhaps Mantis can add the goal ??

And afterwards : http://youtu.be/s9MtELz35Fo

But that was not a real reflection on the Jeggies - it was a projection against the unfairness and sneakiness of all the other interferers - such as the Sneck Council, the INE and its known associates.

And it was so to the burial and the funeral of the Howden Ender family which took place on the fourteenth of May 1994 in Huntly.

And Don MacLean sang:

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how
The Caley used to make me smile
And I knew if we had been given a chance
That we could be ALONE doing the SPL dance
And maybe we would go the full mile
But Late ‘93 had made me shiver
With every blow the INE delivered

Bad news on my doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried
When I watched in Huntly, full of grief and pride,
But something touched me deep inside
The day the Caley died
So

[Chorus]
Bye, bye Caledonian FC
From Sneck full of bevvy but my throat was still dry
And us Animals were drinking whiskey in Rye
Singin' this is the day that we die
The day the Howden End died.

But from the ashes flew the feckin bird of destiny and the future.

285034-eagle-easily-flying-silhouetted-a

To Be Explained :cheer01: 

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

Well I would initially wish to make this to all the post-merger Howden Enders and Jeggies who stuck by the merger - As Sister Sledge emphasised – “We are Feckin Family”.

But I would wish to acknowledge the friendships and support of the friends who made up the original “Caley Animals” – Norman Gordon (RIP); Rodger MacDonald (RIP), John Duncan (RIP), Colin Arnott, Nicky Evans (missing in action), Willie Fraser, Sandy Rose, Neil Findlay (part timer !!), Davie Frame (part timer - dependent on the missus).

DID WE HAVE A FECKIN GOOD TIME OR FECKIN WOT ??!!

Well the basic reason behind this extended thread was to attempt to express the frustration of an INDIVIDUAL Howden Ender (and hopefully many others) in regard to the pre-merger process. I aimed this at the yoof of ICT and the followers who came post-merger, This is like ICT nowadays thinking about merging with Hellgin or the Gypos. Just feckin think about that when ya think that some of the oldies are feckin whingeing about the past.

As far as I am concerned I am Caley till I die and I respect anybody who states that they are a Jeggie till they die. We are now Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC and we are blue and white and red and black and united – as some of us have tattoos to prove it!

CALEDONIAN THISTLE TILL I DIE – Caley Jags - O2FECKINB – BUT THE HOWDEN END WILL NEVER DIE

So let us look to further success in 2013-2014, stick together, multiply and put Sneck SLAP back on the feckin Map!!

DID WE HAVE AND WILL WE HAVE A FECKIN GOOD TIME OR FECKIN WOT ??!!

:clapoverhead:  :notworthy:  :wave: 

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Something I read when looking at teams in Euro qualifiers. We constantly talk about merger and just stuck in mind because it was like the opposite to our situation. That and your mention of being involved with them likely makes them stand out a bit more.

Also they got beat 2-0 last night against Estoril. Can they come back from that?

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I was a thistle fan and was delighted at the merger (now we had a team in the Scottish League) and felt it a pity that Clach dropped out , I even suggested to friends when the Team was looking for a name ICT - with regards to the colours I thought it might have been appropriate to have the blue for home and red for away - irrespective I am glad it happened and we have a team in the SPL , something that a lot of people never thought possible

Something I read when looking at teams in Euro qualifiers. We constantly talk about merger and just stuck in mind because it was like the opposite to our situation. That and your mention of being involved with them likely makes them stand out a bit more.

Also they got beat 2-0 last night against Estoril. Can they come back from that?

Yes I was watching from the stands, and yes I am an u14 coach there.

To your Estoril question, well, due to both teams getting Europe for the first time, it was a big occasion. Estoril I believe defeated Hapoel Ramat Gan of Israel in the previous round. Due to FC Pasching being involved because of winning the Austrian Cup (actually in the third tier of Austrian football), it was and even bigger occasion and it wasn't about winning, it was about the experience of playing against some of the top players in Portugal, and to go to Estoril and only lose 2-0 is something that many teams last season could not achieve including Nacional and Sporting Lisbon so a great performance from all the boys.

Edited by Rival