FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotty

Any idea of the crowd?

BBC website reporting it as 4734. Much improved!

Only improved because of away support!   they must have had 1600-1800 fans there today, do your arithmetic and work out that we are still not getting our fans into the stadium,   feckin cold mind!   but even though we were brilliant in the second half !   smug face is on for sure!

A really important result for us in keeping the momentum going after the break and all the off the field issues.  After a fairly indifferent first half for both himself and the team, a touch of real quality from Andy Shinnie turned the game and after that we were different class.  If Shinnie's goal was good, MacKay's first was even better - and his 2nd wasn't bad either.  For me, MacKay was MOTM by a country mile because apart from 2 great goals he never stopped working for the team.  Meekings was superb as well.

Just a mention for Nick Ross and Philip Roberts who came on as very late subs.  No sooner were they on than they were involved in a great move which nearly produced a goal which would have rivalled if not bettered MacKay's first.  There is real quality on the bench and you have to think that if Hayes was still with us, not only would he not get into the starting eleven, he might not even get on the bench. Very impressed and happy with that performance.

did we not offer hayes the best deal ever to an ict player ?. could not see us paying a player the higest wage ever and not even having him on the bench. :amazed:  :amazed:

if he was still here he would be first name on teamsheet every week for me

Any idea of the crowd?

BBC website reporting it as 4734. Much improved!

Only improved because of away support!   they must have had 1600-1800 fans there today, do your arithmetic and work out that we are still not getting our fans into the stadium,   feckin cold mind!   but even though we were brilliant in the second half !   smug face is on for sure!

By my reckoning, home support was up by about 300 or 400 on recent games..

A really important result for us in keeping the momentum going after the break and all the off the field issues.  After a fairly indifferent first half for both himself and the team, a touch of real quality from Andy Shinnie turned the game and after that we were different class.  If Shinnie's goal was good, MacKay's first was even better - and his 2nd wasn't bad either.  For me, MacKay was MOTM by a country mile because apart from 2 great goals he never stopped working for the team.  Meekings was superb as well.

Just a mention for Nick Ross and Philip Roberts who came on as very late subs.  No sooner were they on than they were involved in a great move which nearly produced a goal which would have rivalled if not bettered MacKay's first.  There is real quality on the bench and you have to think that if Hayes was still with us, not only would he not get into the starting eleven, he might not even get on the bench. Very impressed and happy with that performance.

did we not offer hayes the best deal ever to an ict player ?. could not see us paying a player the higest wage ever and not even having him on the bench. :amazed:  :amazed:

Whether you play someone should depend on how well they are playing and not on how much they are being paid.  He was dross today.  If he was out of contract there is no way Butcher would offer him as much to return here as he offered him to stay.

Proud of our lads today - every one of them. Richie is an inspirational captain and the team works so well together. The real quality for me is the way the team keep possession and pass the ball with intelligence and precision (most of the time). There is so much to praise about this team and it was a sheer delight to see them in the second half today.

Can't wait till next Saturday at Easter Road. It's a fantastic stadium with a great atmosphere. Its going to be a great occasion - so don't miss it folks!!!

I think we might be safe from relegation now!

Our 37 points matches the highest ever for a relegated team (us) and our GD is currently 33 better than it was then. I declare that phase 1 of our mission has been accomplished.

• Agree 7

As others have said not a particularly great first half however we were excellent in the second. 3 superbly taken goals and a good day out with the family albeit a bit chilly. Even enjoyed making an erse of myself attempting to play football at half time! :D

Can't wait for a weekend away in Edinburgh, should be a cracker.

As I look out my ICT top for the gym, I can't help but look forward to work tomorrow. Sometimes living in Aberdeen can have its advantages :)

Edited by RossP
  • Agree 2

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=32449&st=120

Butcher had the ICT players training every day in the winter break...Broon let the squad go off on holiday while he watched the box set of Midsomer Murders Archie gave him for Xmas while dunking custard creams and nodding off between episodes...there was only ever going to be one result today...Broon is a charlatan and a wage thief...the sooner some folk wake up to the fraudulent cu*ts behaviour the better...he's taking us for cu*ts...pure and simple

Did you notice their suntans? Dubai and Egypt can be quite good at this time of year.Clark Robertson especially looked like an Oompa Loompa after a sunbed and was utter gash today

Hayes has already trotted out the let fans down excuse on twitter, well maybe instead of getting yourself pissed for a week in Dubai....

Apparently "if you take the 3 goals out of it, there was nothing in it" 
C/O Craig Brown 5pm 19th January.

Craig Brown, the Aberdeen manager, admitted that his team’s reaction to the loss of the first goal had been poor, but he argued that three goals flattered Inverness.

“We have a goalie who has made one save in the game, and he has let in three goals. Every time Inverness had a goal attempt, they scored. If you analyse the possession, it was probably quite even.”

MATCH STATS
Possession41%59%90minsInverness Caledonian ThistleAberdeenInverness Caledonian Thistle: 59%
Shots

• Agree 2

Whether you play someone should depend on how well they are playing and not on how much they are being paid.  He was dross today.  If he was out of contract there is no way Butcher would offer him as much to return here as he offered him to stay.

if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle springs to mind. you seem to know everything terry would do. so i will bow to your superior knowledge.  you are obviously terry in disguise.

Craig Brown, the Aberdeen manager, admitted that his team’s reaction to the loss of the first goal had been poor, but he argued that three goals flattered Inverness.

“We have a goalie who has made one save in the game, and he has let in three goals. Every time Inverness had a goal attempt, they scored.

Has he finally realized that his goalie is the worst in the SPL? :clapping: :clapping:

Billy Mackay is a real "twinkle toes" isn't he?

What a player.

Very confident and composed finish for his first goal. Most strikers would have struck it earlier.

I must admit I thought he should have struck it earlier at the time myself, obviously I was wrong. Guess that's why I'm sitting in the stand and he's playing on the pitch! Lol.

P & J today "The View From the Stands" piece from the Aberdeen side talks about nothing but the mighty Caley, praising Butcher to the hilt.

Makes good reading .

Ditto from Willie Miller's column in the Evening Express. Has Butcher as an example to all SPL Managers' on how to achieve on a tiny budget and also a sly wee dig at Houston's reasons for departing at the Arabs. Rates Butcher as outright winner for Manager of the season even at this early stage.