FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Worst ICT miss ever

WYNESS101

40 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst miss?

McKays in terms of importance but if you look at the footage, he had to stretch for the ball slightly which is why he probably opted to take s touch instead of hitting it 1st time. Rooney's is just a diabolical miss. But do any one these come close to Kanu's miss for west brom? Put it over the bar from a yard with an open goal

BM missed, maybe got a bit caught in the headlights realising what was at stake, but he has proven this season to be a goalscorer and has contributed some important goals elsewhere. Personally I don't think having a thread discussing how bad his miss is will be particularly helpful to his confidence. If I was a player at any club then I would view fans forums for my team and see what thoughts are regularly and if none of them do I'd be surprised - for that reason lets not be so critical, he will know himself what a chance he had to be a hero!!! 

• Agree 1

Billy technically didnt miss, he just didnt shoot. Took a touch when he should have kicked it, guided it, fell over it , headered it into the goal. Any one of the above

The other three actually missed.

Think Iwelumo should take the prize.

Adam Rooney for our vote!  On a technicality.

Woah woah woah!!! Hang on a second here people

Adam Rooney....
Billy McKay...

Quite possibly two of the best strikers ICT has ever had the pleasure of fielding on our hallowed ground.

Are we not forgetting a certain Andy Barrowman??? Came on as a substitute in one particular game (I think it was a cup game against Arbroath or something, could be wrong though).
ICT were already winning the game, and the ball was swung in from the right. With Barrowman just 2 yards out and no keeper in sight, his shot went BEHIND him.
That, to me, was ICT's worst miss

I'll defend the guys here.   The more you see them the more you see why they missed.  

The ball in from Proctor was rollong nicely and then took a huge bobble before it reached Rooney.  He was timing his run to stroke it in but because of the bobble the ball reached him later and a ball which was rolling was suddenly in the air.  He had a fraction of a second to adjust but wasn't quite able to.  He was unlucky.

To be fair to Billy, there is some fault from Draper here, he took a bit of a heavy first touch and the ball he played across was firmer than it needed to be.  Billy couldn't get to it with the favoured left foot and probably felt he had time to control it with his right and knock it in with his left but the touch was heavy and the defenders got back very quickly in numbers.  Clearly he should have scored but having lost the initial chance he then did well to keep possession from three defenders and square it to Shinnie - who also probably should have scored but MacDonald did well to stick out a hand to clear.

Anyhow, there wouldn't be this debate if it wasn't for a fabulous ball over top by the much maligned Philip Roberts.  The clip is worth watching just to enjoy that.

• Agree 1

I'll defend the guys here.   The more you see them the more you see why they missed.  

The ball in from Proctor was rollong nicely and then took a huge bobble before it reached Rooney.  He was timing his run to stroke it in but because of the bobble the ball reached him later and a ball which was rolling was suddenly in the air.  He had a fraction of a second to adjust but wasn't quite able to.  He was unlucky.

To be fair to Billy, there is some fault from Draper here, he took a bit of a heavy first touch and the ball he played across was firmer than it needed to be.  Billy couldn't get to it with the favoured left foot and probably felt he had time to control it with his right and knock it in with his left but the touch was heavy and the defenders got back very quickly in numbers.  Clearly he should have scored but having lost the initial chance he then did well to keep possession from three defenders and square it to Shinnie - who also probably should have scored but MacDonald did well to stick out a hand to clear.

Anyhow, there wouldn't be this debate if it wasn't for a fabulous ball over top by the much maligned Philip Roberts.  The clip is worth watching just to enjoy that.

are we talking about the hearts semi here ?

when i was at the game and when i watched it on tv it was shane sutherland who crossed the ball both times.

are we talking about the hearts semi here ?

when i was at the game and when i watched it on tv it was shane sutherland who crossed the ball both times.

So it was. Apologies.