From SFA whistleblower:-

Mike Ritchie

Date of Birth:  20 September 1959

Height:  6' 2"

Weight:  12 st 7 lb

Profession:  Risk Trainer for Moving & Handling for NHS Grampian

First ever match:  Banff Academy v Milnes Academy

First international match:  Scotland v England schoolboys U-16

Career highlights  Playing in and Refereeing the Qualifying Cup Final North. Refereeing all the schools cup finals in area at all levels. Refereeing several schoolboy internationals at various age groups.

What does being a football referee mean to you?  Enjoyment

Why did you become a referee?  To put something back into the game. I had enjoyed playing for several years in the Highland League.

Would you have wished to become a full-time referee?  No

Any pet hates in football?  Unsportsmanship

What Law of the Game would you change?  None, they are all there for a reason to govern the game.

The most difficult Law to apply?  None of them, The Referee’s decision is final.

Your best memory in football?  Making my Highland League debut for Deveronvale against Inverness Caledonian at Inverness and keeping a clean sheet against the champions in a 1-0 victory. A first win for Vale at Inverness.

Other sports or hobbies?  Snooker, volleyball, swimming, darts, table tennis, badminton, crosswords, quizzes and collecting football memorabilia

Your main strength?  PLAYING EXPERIENCE.

And main weaknesses?  Age

What's in your car CD player?  Willie Nelson

Beer or wine?  Neither

Favourite film?  Shawshank Redemption

Tastiest food?  Indian Curries

Favourite holiday destination?  Turkey

Luck or judgement?  Judgement

Dress up or dress down?  Down

Whom would you most like to meet?  Would have liked to meet Bill Shankly

Ambitions?  To live happily

Any advice for young referees?  Be your own person. Be the best you can be.

Crikey, he hates us already

Mike is a sound guy.  He was the referee when we drew with Rangers at Ibrox 1-1 with Prunty scoring in the last few minutes.  Think it was 2 years ago.  He takes no nonsense and I haven't seen many bad decisions from him.

When I was going through my referee's training Mike helped me a lot, and he was my linesman when I did a Schools final.  Think it is quite a good appointment.  Mikes an old fashioned good guy.