FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

Didn't think Dundee United were boring to watch.  Thought his tactics were very strong in raising DU from relegation favourites to near top of the SPL.  I came to the opposite conclusion with a talented Hibs side that played hoofball and went sliding down the table under Hughes.  What's entertaining about Liam Miller and John Rankin watch the ball sail over their head, Riordan sprinting to the bye-line trying to catch up and lob a blind hope ball into a box for Nish to have it bounce off him?

Kenny Shiels is the new manager of Morton.

I was one of those opposed to him getting the job here. In saying that, But I'm glad he's got a job back in Scottish football, just glad it's not with us!

When I heard Kenny on Sportsound before Yogi got appointed, the only word I could say about him was - Bitter.

He stated that managers of the SPL (Premiership) get jobs based on playing for Celtic or Rangers - what absolute tosh!

I firmly believe Yogi got the job based on his vision and direction of the club that Yogi can take us. I think Kenny used the fact that Yogi played for Celtic as a crutch to his argument.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

An absolutely inexplicable appointment from our esteemed board. In some ways you've got to take your hat off to them for managing to assemble an international array of stellar managerial talent (their words not mine) and then contrive to appoint the hapless Yogi. Way to go guys.

Let's be brutally frank here, Yogi has done absolutely NOTHING in his career to warrant making even the short list for a club sitting second in the SPFL. Undeniable fact of the matter - anyone suggesting otherwise is deluding themselves.

I personally await tomorrow's press conference with the excitement of my kids on Christmas Eve. I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more; Yogi's oratorial master class or Kenny Cameron's attempts to roll this turd of an appointment in glitter.

Good times..........

He's bombed.

Guest Mahonio

Why has he bombed theeagle, at least explain why you came to that conclusion.

Tbh, you don't ken who was on shortlist and why some contenders were ruled out, I wanted Csaba Laszlo but knew he maybe didn't make get an interview, same goes with Kevin MacDonald and a few others.

I mean, are you happy that your other team appointed Pulis when other names were touted, did Simon Jordan "bomb" with that appointment too!?

Venison for tea anyone ? Oh Dear - the beagle has been found out, is no longer irritating and will now only make more and more of an ersehole out of himself. Can't wait for his next post.

Fir gad SACK