FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark Brown signing for Celtic

Yngwie

Why the long face Broonie, sitting on that bench will be the price of ye.

What a kick in the teeth for all other clubs in Scotland, get tae ****, unless it's a joke.

Ye cannae save penalties anyway :008:

After everything that has been said regarding Inverness being out of the shop window for the Scotland team it is a bit odd that he is choosing to become a bendch player at Celtic.

Unless Boruc is planning moving on in the summer I do not really see Mark being able to become a first choice keeper. I suspose money talks!

In any event, Michael Fraser has the potential to be an even better keepr in all round terms (dealing with crosses, kicking, penalties, penalties and penalties....). Consistency and concentration will surely come with games.

Hopefully we will get a nice £50k or so.

After everything that has been said regarding Inverness being out of the shop window for the Scotland team it is a bit odd that he is choosing to become a bendch player at Celtic.

Unless Boruc is planning moving on in the summer I do not really see Mark being able to become a first choice keeper. I suspose money talks!

In any event, Michael Fraser has the potential to be an even better keepr in all round terms (dealing with crosses, kicking, penalties, penalties and penalties....). Consistency and concentration will surely come with games.

Hopefully we will get a nice £50k or so.

6 figure.... 100k or so :003:

Sad day for us all, I am quite worried about our season now.

Anyway, this line sticks out.

"This is the biggest transfer fee this club has ever received and Celtic have conducted their business very properly."

Another dig at the way that DU conducted themselves, as he also praised Cowdenbeath over their dealings with us.

Good luck to Mark at his new club.

He is a far superior keeper to Marshall - who DID get his chance with the club, and Mark has every opportunity of getting a similar chance at some point. This will greatly enhance Mark's chances of fulfilling his ambitions with the National squad.

He has been a fantastic servant to the club representing us positively both on and off the field.

Thanks for all Mark has brought to ICT over the past four years, and best wishes to Mark and Joanne for the future.

After seeing one of our former superstars humphing boxes into shops up the high street I can't blame Brown for taking the money while it's there to be had - I've no idea what his deal will be at the tattie bowl, but I'd imagine it's life transforming dough. I wouldn't mind being a couple of quid behind him that's for sure.

Always seemed like a decent sort, so good luck Mark.

Like the Murphys, but unlike TMFTJ, I'm not bitter.

Yes beachy, I am bitter, I find it distasteful that out of the blue he goes to the green, of all the teams to go to, he goes to bloody Celtic. I appreciated Mark while he was here and he certainly saved us a few times. He also cost us a few goals but thats life. The question has been asked before, but why Celtic? He will certainly get more cash, but job satisfaction................I don't think so. Footballers like to play, that is their job, he won't be doing as much of that soon. I hate this January sales. It makes me bitter and twisted. Wee clubs like us have not got a chance. Celtic and Rangers can have their pick of players in Scotland, what can we do, trawl the depths of the SFL. Don't get me wrong, I hope we unearth a wee gem, maybe Markus will prove to be an ICT legend, who knows, but the harsh reality is that money talks and in that game, we can't compete, disgusting. It's not really Broonie I am angry at, it's the way the rest of the SPL just roll over for the old firm, I ferkin hate them :008: :008: :008:with a vengeance.

I suppose it's Cellic because they came calling, Rangers don't need a keeper right now, and the chance to get their nose in the OF financial trough doesn't come along for too many players. I'm no more keen on the situation than you are, and you're right we can't compete on the financial front, but the game is played on  the park and that's where we can still put one over on them hopefully starting next weekend.

ICT superstar turned delivery man? Can only be Marco de Barrowboy...

I can't be bitter towards Broonie - he's been part of too many heroics to begrudge him his chance. Football is unforgiving and all that, and he's been at the top of his game for a couple of seasons now. We'd be quick enough to bin him if his form dipped. Much as I'd like to be proved wrong, though, I don't see him making the Celtic jersey his own even if he does get a crack at being no 1 - can't see him commanding his area against Champions League forwards. Then again, maybe the facilities and fulltime goalkeeping coach at Parkhead will add that to his game, and he did say in his interview that he'd become a better keeper at Celtic.

Obviously money's got to be a huge factor - Richard Gordon suggested tonight he could be getting "5,6,7 times his current salary" at Celtic. Also, even if he doesn't make it, merely being associated with Celtic means he's more likely to get a chance at a more monied (if not necessarily "higher") level - English Championship clubs are more likely to take a punt on an old firm reserve than a first-teamer from any other Scottish club. No doubt his agent's made that clear to him. As we can't match those wages, what we need to do is concentrate on bringing through our own and cherrypicking the best from the lower leagues: so come on Mikey Fraser.