FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season tickets

12th Man

I haven't renewed mine but I haven't been home to pick up my post, can I just phone up and renew over the phone?

You would be just as well phoning  as they havent got the ticket books in yet.

Pretty good prizes for the 1st, 1000 books sold

I think it's sad that folk are consideing bt renewing. Obviously a personal choice but I do feel some may have unreal expectations of what a club of our size can achieve and sustain. Less money can't possibly help can it?

The only person I see with over expectations is John Hughes and his "Barcelona" and " Educate " comments. All I expect is honest players being played to their strengths. I don't expect too much and the "Club of our size" is a false argument. We are similar to 50 per cent of all Premiership clubs and all I expect is honesty and commitment. I have posted about Yogi's comments just after he took over and other subsequent interviews. So just to reiterate all I expect is honesty and effort.

As I said its your choice. I personally do not see lack of commitment, honesty or effort from the players? Can you give examples?

I think it's sad that folk are consideing bt renewing. Obviously a personal choice but I do feel some may have unreal expectations of what a club of our size can achieve and sustain. Less money can't possibly help can it?

The only person I see with over expectations is John Hughes and his "Barcelona" and " Educate " comments. All I expect is honest players being played to their strengths. I don't expect too much and the "Club of our size" is a false argument. We are similar to 50 per cent of all Premiership clubs and all I expect is honesty and commitment. I have posted about Yogi's comments just after he took over and other subsequent interviews. So just to reiterate all I expect is honesty and effort.As I said its your choice. I personally do not see lack of commitment, honesty or effort from the players? Can you give examples?

Who mentioned players?

Edited by Big G

I'll be renewing and getting one for my daughter means a move to the family section so I'll lose my normal seat sadly. It'll actually work out cheaper! £240 is excellent value for two season tickets imo. Works out at around £12.60 a game.

ETA- I think it's quite sad that some are considering not coming back after what's arguably been our most successful 2 seasons. Folk at the club must despair.

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 3

Some people would rather see the team do poorly to prove their opinions right than risk ever having to accept they were wrong...on that basis, withdrawing support (financial and otherwise) only helps protect their own position....and when the club continues to thrive regardless, they can just disappear from the forums for a while and hope it's forgotten.

When the boycott of season tickets was on two years ago (all about another club) I bought an extra ST and sponsored another player while other people withdrew financial support. My support of this team and club is as strong as ever and all my points are made with forethought. CaleyD you seem to post on the forum now only to shoot down other posters or posts against company line.

SURELY THE TIME TO REALLY SUPPORT THE CLUB IS WHEN ADVERSITY HITS THEM. OTHERWISE YOU DO RUN THE RISK OF BEING CALLED A FAIRWEATHER SUPPORTER, do you not? :ohmy:

Adversity? We are finishing in the top six. And don't shout. Try reading the post. When people were withholding money I gave extra.

Some people would rather see the team do poorly to prove their opinions right than risk ever having to accept they were wrong...on that basis, withdrawing support (financial and otherwise) only helps protect their own position....and when the club continues to thrive regardless, they can just disappear from the forums for a while and hope it's forgotten.

When the boycott of season tickets was on two years ago (all about another club) I bought an extra ST and sponsored another player while other people withdrew financial support. My support of this team and club is as strong as ever and all my points are made with forethought. CaleyD you seem to post on the forum now only to shoot down other posters or posts against company line.

There was no boycott two years ago....was all just a lot of noise, mostly from people who weren't season ticket holders or regular attendees.

The only person I see with over expectations is John Hughes and his "Barcelona" and " Educate " comments. All I expect is honest players being played to their strengths. I don't expect too much and the "Club of our size" is a false argument. We are similar to 50 per cent of all Premiership clubs and all I expect is honesty and commitment. I have posted about Yogi's comments just after he took over and other subsequent interviews. So just to reiterate all I expect is honesty and effort.As I said its your choice. I personally do not see lack of commitment, honesty or effort from the players? Can you give examples?

Who mentioned players?

Can you not just clarify what you mean then?

Some people would rather see the team do poorly to prove their opinions right than risk ever having to accept they were wrong...on that basis, withdrawing support (financial and otherwise) only helps protect their own position....and when the club continues to thrive regardless, they can just disappear from the forums for a while and hope it's forgotten. When the boycott of season tickets was on two years ago (all about another club) I bought an extra ST and sponsored another player while other people withdrew financial support. My support of this team and club is as strong as ever and all my points are made with forethought. CaleyD you seem to post on the forum now only to shoot down other posters or posts against company line.

There was no boycott two years ago....was all just a lot of noise, mostly from people who weren't season ticket holders or regular attendees.

If there was no boycott why was the "Early Bird" scheme extended after the SPL vote so in the chairmanship words " It was only fair to ST holders who had shown concern about the clubs stance on the Rangers issue."

Or was this just a figment of my imagination?

The only person I see with over expectations is John Hughes and his "Barcelona" and " Educate " comments. All I expect is honest players being played to their strengths. I don't expect too much and the "Club of our size" is a false argument. We are similar to 50 per cent of all Premiership clubs and all I expect is honesty and commitment. I have posted about Yogi's comments just after he took over and other subsequent interviews. So just to reiterate all I expect is honesty and effort.As I said its your choice. I personally do not see lack of commitment, honesty or effort from the players? Can you give examples? Who mentioned players? Can you not just clarify what you mean then?

I have huge reservations about statements made by our manager about not changing what isn't broken, good game plans and educating players. No-one has clarified the position of the under 20 players released, Evans, Cooper and a few others although rumours say they have been released. This is what I mean by honesty. I will plead the 5th about commitment but I have my reasons for saying this also. I have no problems with the honesty or commitment of a single member of our playing staff and apologise if that is how it came across.

Before I commit to buying another ST, I would like to hear what investment ( players/ vision) the board are willing to commit to. With a couple of decent cup runs and top 6 agian, we must have some cash to plough back into the club. I'm always putting my hand in my pocket, what about those at the top?

• Agree 1

Some people would rather see the team do poorly to prove their opinions right than risk ever having to accept they were wrong...on that basis, withdrawing support (financial and otherwise) only helps protect their own position....and when the club continues to thrive regardless, they can just disappear from the forums for a while and hope it's forgotten. When the boycott of season tickets was on two years ago (all about another club) I bought an extra ST and sponsored another player while other people withdrew financial support. My support of this team and club is as strong as ever and all my points are made with forethought. CaleyD you seem to post on the forum now only to shoot down other posters or posts against company line.

If there was no boycott why was the "Early Bird" scheme extended after the SPL vote so in the chairmanship words " It was only fair to ST holders who had shown concern about the clubs stance on the Rangers issue."

I would say that was the Chairman handling a situation perfectly....it meant that nobody who had made threat had any additional excuse for following through.

Threatening to boycott and following through on such actions are two entirely different things.  As I said...there was no boycott.

The only person I see with over expectations is John Hughes and his "Barcelona" and " Educate " comments. All I expect is honest players being played to their strengths. I don't expect too much and the "Club of our size" is a false argument. We are similar to 50 per cent of all Premiership clubs and all I expect is honesty and commitment. I have posted about Yogi's comments just after he took over and other subsequent interviews. So just to reiterate all I expect is honesty and effort.As I said its your choice. I personally do not see lack of commitment, honesty or effort from the players? Can you give examples? Who mentioned players? Can you not just clarify what you mean then?

I have huge reservations about statements made by our manager about not changing what isn't broken, good game plans and educating players. No-one has clarified the position of the under 20 players released, Evans, Cooper and a few others although rumours say they have been released. This is what I mean by honesty. I will plead the 5th about commitment but I have my reasons for saying this also. I have no problems with the honesty or commitment of a single member of our playing staff and apologise if that is how it came across.

Thanks for that. I would imagine that the position re the ?released players will be clarified shortly when contracts expire? I actually agree with you re Yogi and the press bit hoping this is something he will improve in the coming season.

The only person I see with over expectations is John Hughes and his "Barcelona" and " Educate " comments. All I expect is honest players being played to their strengths. I don't expect too much and the "Club of our size" is a false argument. We are similar to 50 per cent of all Premiership clubs and all I expect is honesty and commitment. I have posted about Yogi's comments just after he took over and other subsequent interviews. So just to reiterate all I expect is honesty and effort. As I said its your choice. I personally do not see lack of commitment, honesty or effort from the players? Can you give examples? Who mentioned players? Can you not just clarify what you mean then?

As I understand it, U20's players are under contract until the end of the month.  Discussions may have taken place with players, but I wouldn't expect any statement from the club on who is or isn't being offered extension until then.  As you quite rightly point out...at the moment it's just rumours.  I, personally, avoid trying to make decisions based on such things.

The pleading the 5th thing makes me smile....thought you were all about being open and honest?

Some people would rather see the team do poorly to prove their opinions right than risk ever having to accept they were wrong...on that basis, withdrawing support (financial and otherwise) only helps protect their own position....and when the club continues to thrive regardless, they can just disappear from the forums for a while and hope it's forgotten.When the boycott of season tickets was on two years ago (all about another club) I bought an extra ST and sponsored another player while other people withdrew financial support. My support of this team and club is as strong as ever and all my points are made with forethought. CaleyD you seem to post on the forum now only to shoot down other posters or posts against company line.

There was no boycott two years ago....was all just a lot of noise, mostly from people who weren't season ticket holders or regular attendees.If there was no boycott why was the "Early Bird" scheme extended after the SPL vote so in the chairmanship words " It was only fair to ST holders who had shown concern about the clubs stance on the Rangers issue."

I would say that was the Chairman handling a situation perfectly....it meant that nobody who had made threat had any additional excuse for following through.

Threatening to boycott and following through on such actions are two entirely different things. As I said...there was no boycott. Without getting into a petty argument, if everyone had renewed why extend the scheme? If people did not renew until after the vote and then did,was that not a boycott or a protest.

Edited by Big G

There was no boycott two years ago....was all just a lot of noise, mostly from people who weren't season ticket holders or regular attendees. If there was no boycott why was the "Early Bird" scheme extended after the SPL vote so in the chairmanship words " It was only fair to ST holders who had shown concern about the clubs stance on the Rangers issue."

Threatening to boycott and following through on such actions are two entirely different things. As I said...there was no boycott.

Without getting into a petty argument, if everyone had renewed why extend the scheme? If people did not renew until after the vote and then did was that not a boycott or a protest.

Because there was nothing to lose from it and, as I said, it removes the potential for those mouthing off to have even more reason to do so.

Anyway, we're getting way off the point here.  I'm not, and nor did I, ask you to justify your position.  I responded to OCG with a personal view on the situation and that's clearly struck a nerve...hinting that your conscience maybe has a wee issue with your own publicly stated views?

It does seem a little unusual that someone who put such faith in the club previously has all of a sudden changed heart on that.  Especially as the club have, as far as I can see, done nothing to demonstrate they are any less honest, upfront and trustworthy today than they were a couple of seasons back.  In fact, I would say they've done more in the time since then and now to demonstrate that they're honest, upfront & trustworthy than at any other team in the past 10 years.

In short, I can only conclude that you simply have a personal dislike for John Hughes and all the other stuff is pure whataboutery and a weak attempt to justify that view. Nothing wrong with not liking or taking to someone, it happens in life sometimes.  I just don't see the need for you to try and paint the club and those working for the club as being dishonest, uncommitted and untrustworthy because of it.

Most of the players have publicly stated their support for John Hughes and/or demonstrated their faith in him by signing contract extensions.  You have yourself stated that you think the players are honest and committed, so regardless of your own personal opinions (based on newspapers and media reports) you should have a bit of faith in the players thoughts and opinions on the man?

Not going to do the quote thing as it's getting long. Just for the record I have no problem with John Hughes and have met him many times before and since he came to the club and find him a charming and approachable person. I, and I am not alone in this, have worries about where he is taking the team.

Not going to do the quote thing as it's getting long. Just for the record I have no problem with John Hughes and have met him many times before and since he came to the club and find him a charming and approachable person. I, and I am not alone in this, have worries about where he is taking the team.

In all fairness I too have my concerns and doubts about how things will pan out. However that's not much different from many other seasons and I hope that my fears are allayed. I buy my ticket to support my team and hope that the players and management do the best they can. We have done excellent to have 2 top 6 finishes and our first major cup final. I hope we can continue in that vein, however if things slip a little I won't be massively surprised there will always be highs and lows that's part of football and supporting your team, we are probably the worst supported team and (therefore) have probably the lowest budget in the league that's going to affect things in the big picture.

• Agree 1

Over 40 replies and not one has actually answered the OP's question.  There is a lot of conjecture about whether or not sales will be up or down and reasons given why they might go up or down.  The subject of honesty and communication has come up and it would be interesting to have some honest communication from the club about how sales are going compared to last year.

Remember that our support comes from a wide range of situations and viewpoints.  It is great that there are those who support the club through thick and thin and who would continue to buy their season tickets even if we slipped to Div 2, but we also have supporters who go to games not out of any particular loyalty but simply because they enjoy a good game of football.  If they don't feel they are being entertained then they won't fork out money to watch the team.  It really doesn't help to brand them as fair weather fans as it only serves to alienate them and drive them away.  Indeed, these are the people the club needs to reach out to because the club needs them to come more often and hand their cash over.

That is why it is important to have factual information about season ticket sales.  If they are down then there will be a reason for that and a need to understand and address the problem.   Perhaps if someone could answer the OP's question we could start to have a sensible discussion on this thread. 

I'm renewing mine because its my team good or bad much like Fraz. Can't understand a boycott for "football philosophy" reasons? But then I've lost some season ticket companions along the way because of TB style of football (i.e. some people on here need to remember the bad old years not the glory months). Some interesting comment from Caley D on the SPL/Sevco season ticket boycott. I know I withheld my season ticket money as my only way of influencing voting decisions on an SPL stitch up but once club intentions were declared I responded in good faith and parted with my season cash but I was so scunnered at the time by the corporate scullduggery, it was not an empty threat. I definitely boycotted a renewal and felt very strongly about the issue at the time and the wee bit of noise I was trying to make was real. Was i the only one sticking to my guns and protesting by not paying up :protest:. Anyway no reason not to renew this year unless Hamilton get voted out for having a plastic pitch! :ohmy:

• Agree 3

Over 40 replies and not one has actually answered the OP's question.  There is a lot of conjecture about whether or not sales will be up or down and reasons given why they might go up or down.  The subject of honesty and communication has come up and it would be interesting to have some honest communication from the club about how sales are going compared to last year.

Remember that our support comes from a wide range of situations and viewpoints.  It is great that there are those who support the club through thick and thin and who would continue to buy their season tickets even if we slipped to Div 2, but we also have supporters who go to games not out of any particular loyalty but simply because they enjoy a good game of football.  If they don't feel they are being entertained then they won't fork out money to watch the team.  It really doesn't help to brand them as fair weather fans as it only serves to alienate them and drive them away.  Indeed, these are the people the club needs to reach out to because the club needs them to come more often and hand their cash over.

That is why it is important to have factual information about season ticket sales.  If they are down then there will be a reason for that and a need to understand and address the problem.   Perhaps if someone could answer the OP's question we could start to have a sensible discussion on this thread. 

To my recollection, the club have never released season ticket sales numbers...and it's the same with many other clubs.

Not sure how/why it would/should influence a persons decision on whether to buy one or not either.

We had a situation with the League Cup Final where I was getting phone calls and emails several times a day from press/media asking if the club were going to release a figure...and the only reason we could fathom for the interest was because they wanted to use it as a stick with which to hit the club by drawing comparisons on supporter numbers between ourself and Aberdeen.

We have this obsession in Scotland with crowd sizes and supporter numbers...and using them as a tool to deride the opposition...that I don't see anywhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people should have no interest in the subject but the important thing is what the club is doing to try and promote season ticket sales and releasing numbers, IMO, isn't a required part of that equation.  Whether numbers are up or down doesn't matter, we should all be focusing on what we can do (individually & together) to make them even better.

The discussion on whether the club are doing the enough or doing the right things comes up regularly, especially around this time of year and generally ends up caught in an infinite loop of people shouting that prices need to be reduced and a counter argument that reducing prices doesn't increase numbers sufficiently to counter the lost revenue from such a reduction.

Personally, I think it's pretty remarkable that despite ever increasing costs and reduced league/cup income the club have managed to freeze prices and maintain the free kids tickets.

The club may be wrong and there might be a case for releasing numbers which goes beyond satisfying curiosity and giving lazy journalists info which would be used to construct what amounts to little more than unhelpful non-stories.  Would be interested in hearing that case if it exists.

FWiW...I'm not privy to the numbers either and tend to try and avoid having such info (or any info I don't need to allow me to do what I do for the club).  That way, the finger of blame can never be pointed in my direction if there's a leak...lol.

• Agree 2

Well I'm renewing despite living in England as the half a dozen home games I make it to will pay for it, plus it's my way of putting money into the club. Also know my Father is getting one for the first time ever for next season. I've made my opinion thus far on JH's tenure abundantly clear, but I've also always stated I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and we go on to another top six finish next season. That being said managers, players, board members, tea ladies all come and go but the club remains not going because you don't like the manager or the brand of pie is a bit petty IMO.

• Agree 7

I'm renewing mine because its my team good or bad much like Fraz. Can't understand a boycott for "football philosophy" reasons? But then I've lost some season ticket companions along the way because of TB style of football (i.e. some people on here need to remember the bad old years not the glory months). Some interesting comment from Caley D on the SPL/Sevco season ticket boycott. I know I withheld my season ticket money as my only way of influencing voting decisions on an SPL stitch up but once club intentions were declared I responded in good faith and parted with my season cash but I was so scunnered at the time by the corporate scullduggery, it was not an empty threat. I definitely boycotted a renewal and felt very strongly about the issue at the time and the wee bit of noise I was trying to make was real. Was i the only one sticking to my guns and protesting by not paying up :protest:. Anyway no reason not to renew this year unless Hamilton get voted out for having a plastic pitch! :ohmy:

I maybe overplayed the "non-issue" card a bit....but it certainly wasn't anything more than a few people making a personal stance, which they are quite entitled to do, and which I feel the club handled very well by clarifying their position.  The unfortunate thing was the number of people who weren't ST holders who promised to buy and then didn't.  Stuff like that ultimately does more harm than good and only gives reason for genuine concern to be overlooked in future.

We'll that's me renewed. :ictscarf:  I wanted to move seat so thought i'd speak to a human at ticketmaster rather than just do it online. Only to be told because i'm an existing ticket holder I'd have to speak to club on Monday even if I just wanted to buy a separate new seat? So went back to plan A and just bought a new ticket online where computer didn't say no. No criticism of how call was handled but rules are rules. Weird!!  :ponder: