FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre-season friendlies

caleydawson

Forres game is the latest addition, confirmed in yesterdays P&J. Here's a scary thought, our first game (Clach) is only 2 weeks and 6 days away!

Wed 2nd July - 7.30pm (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin

Wed 9th July - 7.30pm (Mosset Park)...Forres Mechanics

Sat 12th July - 3pm (Borough Briggs)...Elgin City

Wed 16th July - 7.30pm (Dudgeon Park)...Brora Rangers

Sat 19th July - 1.00pm (Mackessack Park)…Rothes  (ICT U20’s)

Sat 19th July - 3.00pm (Stark’s Park)…Raith Rovers

Wed 23rd July - 7.30pm (Princess Royal Park)...Deveronvale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat 9th August - Season starts

• Agree 1

Fort William now added, although will be predominately U20's. https://twitter.com/FortWilliamFC/status/477069278823604225

Sat 5th July - 1.00pm (Claggan Park)…Fort William  (ICT U20’s)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed....away trip to Birmingham City on Sat 2nd August @ 3:00pm

This could not be better. At a wedding of a Blue in Brum on Friday 1st and then this. So happy that Brummie relatives will get to see ICT.

Wow! That's a belter...well done to the club on getting this arranged. I'd say it's our highest ever profile fixture, south of the border.

Could it be due a little-known clause in the Andrew Shinnie deal? Perfect timing too, the Saturday before the competitive stuff starts.

• Agree 1

Sat 2nd August - 3.00pm (St Andrew’s stadium)...Birmingham City

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! That's a belter...well done to the club on getting this arranged. I'd say it's our highest ever profile fixture, south of the border.

Could it be due a little-known clause in the Andrew Shinnie deal? Perfect timing too, the Saturday before the competitive stuff starts.

I think we have a habit of playing down just how "high profile" we are as a club...so it's maybe not that big a shocker that clubs of this calibre are as keen to play as us we will be to play them.  To my knowledge the game is not the result of any clause, but obviously there's the Andy Shinnie connection which adds a little something extra.

As you say, timing of it is good as well....what should be a nice stern test before the new league campaign gets under way.  Looking forward to it....and it's a helluva lot less driving than what I had for the round trip to Charlton last year... :lol:

• Agree 2

At home to a leading championship club on 26th July  -Scottish championship I mean -anyone heard Rangers FC apparently coming up to play Brora and looking to play us?

They're playing Buckie Thistle and Brora - that's it. Then they go to North America.

At home to a leading championship club on 26th July  -Scottish championship I mean -anyone heard Rangers FC apparently coming up to play Brora and looking to play us?

They're playing Buckie Thistle and Brora - that's it. Then they go to North America.

Finances a bit tight then?  :ponder:

• Agree 1

Not "really" a friendly, but I see we've been drawn away to Clach in the North of Scotland Cup.

Good find, Renegade. As you say, not a friendly as such, but still a pre-season game, so I'm going to add it to our list!

I note County have forgotten their roots and elected not to compete!

North of Scotland Cup draw

Elgin City v Strathspey Thistle

Thurso v Brora Rangers

Lossiemouth v Fort William

Rothes v bye

Golspie Sutherland v Wick Academy

Halkirk v bye

Clachnacuddin v Inverness Caley Thistle

Nairn County v Forres Mechanics

Tues 29th / Wed 30th July - (7.30pm)? (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin  (North Cup - 1st Rnd)

Sat 2nd August - 3.00pm (St Andrew’s stadium)...Birmingham City

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont the U-20's usually contest the NoS Cup

Yeah, it normally is and will likely be the case for that Clach game. It looks like the Highland League programme's starting earlier this season due to the potential end of season play-off scenario re. SPFL qualification.*

But, as the North Cup fixture coincides with our pre-season, I thought it would be 'eligible' to appear in the list.

* I note that Brora are undergoing a series of ground improvements, including upgrading their tannoy system and increasing the 'lux' (brightness) of their floodlights, to comply with SPFL regulations.

A strange development for a club who allegedly have no interest in the Scottish League (according to certain fans)!!! :smile: