FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

And another thing

big man

I know I should not expect anything else from scotsport, apparently celtics game plan was upset by team changes because of injuries, not a mention of the fact that we lost our play maker after just 2 minutes although at the end they did say caley were infact the better team.

And another thing :010: Ten minutes before kick off we were told to move into the stand and sit down by a steward who informed us when questioned that these were the instructions of the police. what happened at the away end several hundred celtic fans stood throughout the match, we would have been ejected from other grounds around scotland if we did the same. I am not one for political correctness but it would seem like discrimination to me :018: :018: :024:

I have already emailed the club to complain about the actions of Rock Steady steward number G34 (also G276 - she had two different numbers for some odd reason) and her lack of action in dealing with the ~ 5 - 8 Celtic fans that sprung up in Section C of the North Stand when Celtic scored their winner who started to taunt the Home fans with the typical "GIRUY" hand signals.

We asked a policeman on the way out why no action was taken "What do you want us to do? We can't do anything." was the response we got.

Odd considering ICT fans have been thrown out of the Home stand no problem before...

At half time I moved to the east wing to make a phone call.

It was evident that many people were smoking. I approached a female steward who was standing on the stairway to complain. She agreed to speak to the police.

When I finished my call she came to me and stated that the police had refused to take action against the Celtic fans. A number of people in the main stand were also smoking and when I pointed this out to the steward she did take action. However there was no patrolling by the police or the stewards to ensure that the law was upheldthroughout the rest of the east wing of the main stadium.

People may scoff at a fly puff but it is much more than that in ICT Stadium.

It would appear that money comes before any law, rules or direction by the SFA.

What is the opinion of the supporters?

Neksor

Guest Arab4Ever

My opinion is that the stewards and police are only to happy to wade into the Home fans but are **** scared of the Old Filth fans and thus don't do anything.

Agreed, same thing happens at Tannadice

Don't see that the police necessarily have to take action there and then just get the video cameras out and film the culprits then take action against them from the video evidence, OK doesn't nip it in the bud at the time but better to know that these people will be dealt with at a later date than not at all.

Don't see that the police necessarily have to take action there and then just get the video cameras out and film the culprits then take action against them from the video evidence, OK doesn't nip it in the bud at the time but better to know that these people will be dealt with at a later date than not at all.

What on earth?  :017:

That's the exact problem though. If they don't take action they don't nip it in the bud and thus folk think they can get away with it.

They very fact that the police and stewards tolerated Celtic fans in the same end as the Home fans shouting "Get it f'cking up ya!" was pathetic.

Next week they'll be back to picking on a kid who has a can of juice in the stand.

Guest donmac298

I agree with you Rig.

As regards smoking I know that rules are rules but speaking as a non-smoker it doesn't bother me in the slightest if people smoke outside.

Fair enough Rig i understand your point but Ive been to many a match where the police have reacted to a relatively small incident, the minute they have waded in the whole situation erupts and things get nasty. Last season i was at a game where the fans went on the pitch, the police let that go but unfortunately a few idiots started throwing coins, they were filmed and their pictures were splashed on the front of the local paper they were named and shamed, they were subsequently banned from the ground for life and fined.

As for the picking on the kid with juice lark, Ive also seen instances like that that make you question the policeing priorities, makes you wonder if they only pick the easy option to act on.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Passive smoking is harmless. The biggest studies have proved that there is no statistically significant difference in health defects between people regularly exposed to second hand smoke and those not exposed. Apart from the bad smell, all of the 'ban smoking' propaganda is just hype from interfering do gooders and bloated government jobsworths trying to justify their existance. :icon_ganja:

Guest Arab4Ever

And dont forget what that wee guy is smoking melts holes in your brain and makes you go insane (in the membrane) :014:

As a smoker at the time I thought the smoking ban was the best thing the government have done in a while. Now I am a proud non smoker and can waste my paper on football and alcohol instead :023:

........... it was somehwat ironic that the stewards at the Sellick end in the orange jackets normally work at Sellick Park.  So they must allow their fans to stand up, smoke spliffs and drink Buckfast there at every home game.  At least that's what the drunken scum under the Anton Rogan's W(S)h*te Supporter's Club Clydebank banner were doing.  Yet when we go the Darkheid we are told to sit down, don't make gestures to the Tattie Munchers and wait 15 minutes after the game to let them clear the ground. 

Is it not about time the Supporters Club or Trust reps had a meeting with club officials and police about all the goings on and the one rule for us and ten others for the Old Scum?

The supporters trust meet with the club every month and they raise any points that have been brought to them by the fans.  e-mail your concerns via the supporters trust website and they will be raised.

Guest Suspicious Mind

Always laugh at this type of thread.

Check the records for the amount of dross spouted about stewards and police over reacting to situations, being heavy handed or performing a gestapo type role. Then look for the rants about stewards and police not doing enough, ignoring situations or being meek and cowardly.

The difference.......

When we're the ones being dealt with then the former applies like Tynecastle for example.

When its the away support it's the latter like Sunday.

And we talk about the TM's being paranoid.... :015:

Some have too much time, too little to worry about. Me, I have a life.

Guest Suspicious Mind

That's a good summary SM and despite the fact you think your having a go at those complaining it in fact highlights exactly what people have the grievance with - inconsistency in dealing with fans of different clubs.

Missed my target then!

Still believe the gripe is more "we're always the innocent party and the big bad boys get off with it" or "we never do anything wrong that may deserve intervention but the others do lots and there's no intervention" or "we're perfect and they're no" etc. etc.

Having started this thread it is amazing how it has developed. I think my point is that our supporters are treated differently from others we are in the main well behaved we do welcome away supporters to caley park in much the same way as dundee welcome caley supporters although in their case they tend to be on our side when we play united, it is the fact that people outwith the game ie stewards seem to think we are a soft touch. We have seen a change in attitude from the referees on the field I think they have discovered that we are a hard but  fair team, no bookings now for two weeks must be a record.

As far as on the field is concerned I don't have a lot to say, Hibs one of the best footballing sides in Scotland  we played them off the park, Celtic top of the league by miles we played them off the park but unlucky.

All i can say is keep it up CC.

But we deserve a little respect as supporters

Passive smoking is harmless. The biggest studies have proved that there is no statistically significant difference in health defects between people regularly exposed to second hand smoke and those not exposed. Apart from the bad smell, all of the 'ban smoking' propaganda is just hype from interfering do gooders and bloated government jobsworths trying to justify their existance. :icon_ganja:

:017:

Without a doubt the OF fans think of us as the simple country cousins - they feel they "take over the toon" and take the pash out of our stewards.

Try thinking of it as a tax that we must pay - we get their money, we have to put up with their numbskull fans for a few days a year.

NB - Political Redress Dept. Not all OF fans are numbskulls, of course.

Check the records for the amount of dross spouted about stewards and police over reacting to situations, being heavy handed or performing a gestapo type role. Then look for the rants about stewards and police not doing enough, ignoring situations or being meek and cowardly.

The stewards job is to ensure crowd safety correct? Seems they will happily wade in to confiscate that 'deadly' can of Irn Bru a little kid brings in but with Celtic fans appearing the Home end gesturing to the Home fans and winding them up they seem to be somewhat hesitant to do anything. Why is this?

I have no complaints about Stewards enforcing the "Sit Down" policy at games but when the club has clearly stated it will not tolerate Away fans in the Home sections of the stadium why do the stewards not carry out their responsibility to ensure "crowd safety"?

As Caley D says it's the consistency issue here.