FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dimensions ?

Guest Squareman

Guest Squareman

Someone told me at the game on Saturday that the pitch is one of the largest playing surfaces in the SPL.  What are the dimensions of the pitch and how does this compare to other SPL grounds ?

I believe our pitch is something like 115 x 80, which is the largest in the SPL, closelyfollowed by Ibrox at 115 x 78 (although I believe they may different dimensions registered for European fixtures)

The figures I have are a couple of seasons old, but here they are for each club

Aberdeen - 110 x 72

Celtic - 105 x 68 (again they may be diff for Euro fixtures as I think it needs to be min 110 length)

Dundee Utd - 110 x 72

Dunfermline - 115 x 71

Falkirk - 110 x 72

Hearts - 107 x 74 (lack of length caused all the probs with them holding Euro fixtures)

Hibs - 112 x 74

ICT - 115 x 80

Killie - 115 x 74

Motherwell - 110 x 75

Rangers - 115 x 78

St Mirren - 110 x 70

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

When we just moved to the Caledonian stadium we had the largest playing surface in British football - it was exactly the same lenght and bredth as the old Wembley.

That figure for parkhead must be wrong, it looks like a huge pitch - maybe just because the cameras are higher up?

Interesting that Craig Beattie was interviewed on santa before the game last week and he gave all the usual cliches, 'it's always hard going to Inverness, first there's all the travelling, the tight pitch, blah blah blah. Eh?

I thought I had this info in the clubguide - obviously removed it for some reason. I believe CaleyD is 100% correct with the 115yds length but I just cant remember if it was 75 or 80 wide ..... but it was definitely the largest playing surface in the UK after Wembley closed down.