FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

inverness nightlife

Guest gfc

There are a few us gretna fans heading up to Dingwall at the end of the month and hve decided to make a night of it in Inverness.  Can anyone tell me the best places to eat and drink.  The group ranges from 18 to 50 odd, and while I doubt the oldies will be out all night it would be good to know what types of pubs/clubs there are to keep everyone happy!

Cheers if anyone can help  :022:

Bakoo is pretty good but mabye not suited to the older lot, stay away from Cactus Jacks as its naff. The filling station is a good pub/resteraunt and not too expensive, drop by Subway across the road from it and see me! all these places are right beside each other just off the highstreet. Enjoy the game  :001:

Guest kingkojak

johnny foxes is your best bet for any age group for a good night out.  ye can grab both grannys and the occasional hotty in there :021:

Pay no attention to midge, the Richard Wilson of ICT and anything pertaining to Inverness.

I really don't know why it bothers to call itself an ICT fan, or does it, for nothing positive ever comes out of it.

Get IHE to take you on a pub crawl.

He took me on one last time I was in Inverness.  I can't remember the name of the first bar but it looked like that bar in Star Wars. 

I do remember the Citadel and Pheonix, there was another and then the market Bar.

I wish I could remember the name on that first pub - only so I know to avoid it in the future.

Thanks again IHE and Mr & Mrs Paulie B

:003:

Guest Arab4Ever

Get IHE to take you on a pub crawl.

He took me on one last time I was in Inverness.  I can't remember the name of the first bar but it looked like that bar in Star Wars. 

I do remember the Citadel and Pheonix, there was another and then the market Bar.

I wish I could remember the name on that first pub - only so I know to avoid it in the future.

Thanks again IHE and Mr & Mrs Paulie B

ahh the market bar, always packed with metalheads that place. cant beat the old bus stop bar though :015:

Get IHE to take you on a pub crawl. He took me on one last time I was in Inverness.  I can't remember the name of the first bar but it looked like that bar in Star Wars.  I do remember the Citadel and Pheonix, there was another and then the market Bar. I wish I could remember the name on that first pub - only so I know to avoid it in the future. Thanks again IHE and Mr & Mrs Paulie B

If IHE took you on a pub crawl, then somewhere in there was probably the Tarry Ile ....... glad to hear you survived your expedition with the tattoed one, not many do  :015: :015:

Clacher - you are on ..... there shall be no more promoting of Johnny Foxes to non-natives as soon as we receive the cheque .... 5 grand should cover it. But instead of a ban, we shall impose the penalty of a pub crawl with IHE and the offender has to buy all the drinks  :015: :015:

Hey Mrs PB

I haven't had much time to spend on the site - have started my own business and it is eating into my Caley Thistle enjoyment time.

Mrs Gabby and I are putting away the pennies for an Aug/Sept 2008 visit so I would like to catch up for another pub crawl then.

Cheers

Gabby

PS As long as this time IHE promises not to show me his tattoo!

I wonder what gfc who put up the first post is thinking now? They must have thought they were comming up here for a celabration party. Now the Gretna fans are probably going to be coming up north totally bricking it about losing the title by losing to County who will of course be right up for it to stay safe.

Yep, Mantis-- more life in this joke:

Two men walking down Inglis street with a buxom blonde in tight attire walking just ahead of them......

"Hey Jimmie, " says one " do you see that, man?"

"Aye" says number two "it's like two ferrets fighting in a hankie" :004: :016: