FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

V Queens Park (H)

tm4tj

38 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

It wasn't. I enjoyed the shinty. Refreshing afternoon and positive. Can't say I'm in any rush to waste my money watching ICT, with a crap head coach, narcissistic CEO and feeling peed off at 4.45pm. 

Plenty more to do on a Saturday afternoon folks. Give it a try. 

I have my season ticket and will see it out again supporting my team.  If the shinty is that good you can always do a report on the game in the Other Sports section on this forum.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Funny 2

58 minutes ago, IBM said:

I have my season ticket and will see it out again supporting my team.  If the shinty is that good you can always do a report on the game in the Other Sports section on this forum.

We stayed in Inverness for around 20 years up until 2009 and hardly missed a home match. along with my 3 sons at various times.

Since we fell into the Championship for the second time I have rarely been to a decent away match. Last season in particular was pretty awful even though we just missed out on the play offs.

When you travel 100/ 150 miles return a midweek evening it would be good to see something decent now and again. For years the team has lacked a leader. shape and anything resembling a winning mentality. 

The outlook for the season after today and our miserable League Cup exit does not fill me with expectation anything is going to change.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

Listening to the post match interview, it sounded like Dodds was talking about the team lacking motivation.  Unsurprisingly, he didn't seem to have identified it as that and just talked about how disappointed he was and how he was feeling.  Yet again, no signs of leadership or accountability, so little wonder he can't motivate the team.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, STFU said:

Listening to the post match interview, it sounded like Dodds was talking about the team lacking motivation.  Unsurprisingly, he didn't seem to have identified it as that and just talked about how disappointed he was and how he was feeling.  Yet again, no signs of leadership or accountability, so little wonder he can't motivate the team.

He is the manager FFS!! What hope have we with his and Gardiner's love in???

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, DWH said:

We stayed in Inverness for around 20 years up until 2009 and hardly missed a home match. along with my 3 sons at various times.

Since we fell into the Championship for the second time I have rarely been to a decent away match. Last season in particular was pretty awful even though we just missed out on the play offs.

When you travel 100/ 150 miles return a midweek evening it would be good to see something decent now and again. For years the team has lacked a leader. shape and anything resembling a winning mentality. 

The outlook for the season after today and our miserable League Cup exit does not fill me with expectation anything is going to change.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying. I live in Inverness and go to home games only with the exception of the big away games like last season. 
I also have no interest in other sports. 

1 hour ago, ICTPaisley said:

I’d watch any standard of football over that nonsense. 

Yes indeed, a low threshold of enjoyment in my opinion; however everyone has the right to be wrong and choose and select where they want to be entertained and if ICT has 22 months of similar joy to look forward to maybe just some will be looking up the shinty schedule matches. It was here before the fitba and is the ancient sporting ancestry of the highlands. 

Edited by big cherly

5 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Not just them, still some real hardcore fan boys within our support who still can't see the decline before their eyes.

The decline set in under Foran and has gradually gone downhill..

• Facepalm 3

Surprised to find out that Queens goalkeeper was 16yr old. Very confident and able goalkeeper. Made some very good saves; particularly one against Billy McKay in the first half and preventing Bray when through on him in second half. Samuels had what appeared to be an easy chance to beat him from close range right at the beginning of the second half but somehow put it into the side netting; I’m not boasting but I reckon I could have scored it with a pair of sunglasses on 😎🤪

• Thoughtful 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Not just them, still some real hardcore fan boys within our support who still can't see the decline before their eyes.

It's quite embarrassing when you hear them trying to convince themselves and others that there's nothing to worry about, and it's early days, they've been saying it for three seasons now, and we are getting very worried.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

We were discussing the state of the club during todays debacle, and since we won the Scottish cup, finished 3rd in the league and qualified for Europe, there has been a steady decline in our quality every season, when we should have pushed on and made the most of our golden age, instead, we have gone backwards.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

18 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

Surprised to find out that Queens goalkeeper was 16yr old. Very confident and able goalkeeper. Made some very good saves; particularly one against Billy McKay in the first half and preventing Bray when through on him in second half. Samuels had what appeared to be an easy chance to beat him from close range right at the beginning of the second half but somehow put it into the side netting; I’m not boasting but I reckon I could have scored it with a pair of sunglasses on 😎🤪

I thought that was in, as did most fans and even the stand side linesman who was setting off to the halfway line. No surprise the linesman got it wrong as he missed almost all the shirt pulling that QP indulged in.

The chance came just before we went two behind.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, razor said:

Can everyone in this forum be so naive?

Scot Gardiner/John Robertson are taking salaries that have seen the club go backwards since their employment- easy to blame Dodds!

No!  We know what is going on but as long as we have the Chairman and board running the club and there is no sign of any other interested people taking over there is nothing we can do but cross our fingers and hope for the best for our club.

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, big cherly said:

It was here before the fitba and is the ancient sporting ancestry of the highlands. 

There's always the Highland League. I saw some great games back in those wonderful Caledonian days. 😇...a place where, on the evidence so far this season, that we are heading back to. :tongueincheek:

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

We were discussing the state of the club during todays debacle, and since we won the Scottish cup, finished 3rd in the league and qualified for Europe, there has been a steady decline in our quality every season, when we should have pushed on and made the most of our golden age, instead, we have gone backwards.

Agreed. I said the same thing a few seasons ago. The team (and club) seemed to break up after that magnificent day. 

8 hours ago, jed5697 said:

Surprised to find out that Queens goalkeeper was 16yr old. Very confident and able goalkeeper. Made some very good saves; particularly one against Billy McKay in the first half and preventing Bray when through on him in second half. 

Wow! If we can't beat an experienced 16 y.o 'keeper then we do have problems. Well done to the lad though.

We are now five 'proper' games in to the season and no clean sheet. We struggled against a 2nd div side for our only win. Yes we can blame the short close season and late finish to last season but DD should have found his best side by now...if there is one. This will be a tough league this season. As mentioned in a previous thread we need a 'Pele' in charge with the attitude and playing style of 'we'll score more than you'. That isn't going to happen I fear. Looking at the next few fixtures I can't see where our first clean sheet will come from....or victory come to that. I just hope something clicks and we go on an unbeaten run. But, honestly, I can't see that happening anytime soon. But, it's football and anything can happen. I/We live in hope.

• Well Said 2

Indeed however we should not let individual defensive errors hide the bigger picture.

The difference in the level of coaching between the two teams was stark with Queens having a clear basis to their play hence the ease they could play out from the back. In addition our press is amateur and you feel for the front two chasing around to find that the defenders always had an easy pass. Again standard of coaching.

We had four very good chances to score and executed none. The same lack of cutting edge up front which has affected us for much of the past seasons. Easy game in some ways. Stop the opposition scoring and score at the other end. Too often we create early chances and don’t score only to fall behind and chase the game.

Early in the season and form may pick up however……

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

This could herald the rise of Clachnacuddin FC. As for the shinty I wish people would stop hurling abuse as if they give a puck.

I think you're caman on this forum to take the pysh.

• Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic