FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

V Queens Park (H)

tm4tj

Let's Do This!

The Championship kicks off on Friday night with title favourites Dundee United visiting Arbroath. For the rest of us mere mortals, it all begins on Saturday at 3:00pm and we are at the Caledonian Stadium to host Queens Park, a side we never got the better of last season. Five attempts to beat them on the park and our only 'success' came off the park in the Scottish Cup when Queens were turfed out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player. Thank you Euan Henderson, you saved last season from being a complete failure to just a failure! We start the season with five new players and our major departures were Scott Allardice and Robbie Deas. Loan players Dan Mackay and Jay Henderson were also returned to their parent clubs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Match/Ticket Info

Harry Lodovica

Mathew Strachan

Harry Hennem

Ethan Cairns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last seasons Meetings including 0-2 Cup Loss at Home
loss.png
1 - 2
(A)
loss.png
0 - 2
(H)
draw.png
0 - 0
(H)
loss.png
1 - 2
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)

FRIDAY 4TH AUGUST

Arbroath v Dundee Utd

SATURDAY 5TH AUGUST

Dunfermline v Airdrieonians

Morton v Ayr Utd.

Inverness CT v Queen's Park

Partick v Rovers

Team News

Inverness signed five players during the summer. Defender Jake Davidson, midfielder Charlie Gilmour, forwards Adam Brooks, Luis Longstaff and Harry Lodovica, a work in progress, being the last signing. Unfortunately we have lost young left back Lewis Nicolson to what seems to be a fairly serious knee injury. Promising youngsters Ethan Cairns, Harry Hennem and Mathew Strachan have all been loaned out to Highland League sides until January ahead of the start of the Championship. Roddy MacGregor is going back under surgery for his knee and will be out for possibly three/four months. Lewis Nicolson is out with a knee injury. Danny Devine and Sean Welsh will be touch and go but Adam Brooks should return to the squad. Keith Bray looks likely to be the breakthrough kid this season. He showed up well in pre-season and League Cup encounters.

Hear from Dodds ahead of the Queens Park game

Where's Harry? Here he is>>>

Queens Park are a much changed side from the one that toyed with us last season. New head coach Robin Veldman comes in from Anderlecht. Simon Murray left last January and is now scoring over the Bridge, and the giant defender Stephen Eze is away.

In: Sam Kane, goalkeeper (Rangers); Will Tizzard, defender (Southampton); Jack Spong, midfielder (Brighton); Jack Turner, midfielder (Southampton); Rocco Hickey-Fugaccia, forward (Livingston); Ruiri Paton, forward (Queen of the South). Loans in: Barry Hepburn, midfielder (Bayern Munich).

Out: Owen Coyle, head coach; Jake Davidson of course who joined ICT,  defenders Lee Kilday, Callum Yeats, Stephen Eze, Liam McQuaid and Max Gillies; midfielders Liam Brown, Calum Biggar and Lewis Moore; forward Gregor Nicol,

Loan ended: Marcel Oakley, defender (Birmingham City); Malachi Boateng, midfielder (Crystal Palace), Josh McPake, midfielder (Rangers); Connor Shields, forward (Motherwell); Euan Henderson, forward (Hearts).

Queens Park lost out 1-2 to Queen of the South in their last League Cup game and like us they failed to progress to the next stage of the competition. They were reduced to ten men when Fox was red carded just after the interval. They did miss a late penalty through Ruari Paton and Aaron Healy scored a last minute consolation for QP who won only 4 points in their group games with one win and a draw. They had scored six goals for the loss of three. Ruari Paton was the top scorer with four goals against Elgin City in a 5-0 thrashing with Charlie Fox scoring the other. Dom Thomas is credited with a couple of assists and he likes to wind us up. A 0-0 draw with East Fife was followed by a narrow 1-0 defeat at Motherwell where QP gave a good account of themselves.

Queens Park team v Queen of the South:
McKenna

Longridge   Bannon   Fox :redcard:   Robson

Thomson (Healy 78)   Spong   Turner (Tizzard 49)

Hepburn (Bruce 64)   Paton   Thomas (McLeish 78)

If you need something to cheer you up, watch all of record breaker Billy Mckay's 102 Inverness CT goals>>>

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Looking forward (I think) to the new league campaign.

We want and need to get off to a flyer so here’s hoping!

Thats not good news about MacGregor. Hopefully Welsh and Devine make it. Devine did look to be struggling in the cup games so maybe the injury explains that. If both make it I’d start with:

Ridgers

Carson Duffy Devine Harper

Welsh Gilmour

Longstaff Doran Shaw

Mckay

If Devine misses out, Delaney is a straight replacement. If Welsh misses out, I’d move Carson to midfield and bring Davidson in.

Anyway, what do I know!!

Edited by Robert

I've always maintained that if you win the midfield you are more than  likely to win the game. I felt that we were over run by Airdrie in the midfield in our last home league Cup game, and at times against Dundee. Maybe we need to sacrifice one of the forward thinking players for another CM. It will be hard to judge Queens Park as they have had wholesale changes, but let's try and play a bit quicker with the passing and have more shots on goal. A win would certainly restore some of the lost confidence. 

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic
18 minutes ago, jagster said:

Maybe with the coaches from Ajax being here this week we will surprise everyone with our style of play 😎

I was assuming that the Ajax coaches were over here to learn from Dodds. 😀

• Funny 5

Mark Ridgers makes a good point in his press conference when he states that we need to make TCS a fortress again as our home form was poor last season.

I would agree with the team that is posted above by @Robert and will post a potential bench which would be: Mackay (GK), Davidson (RB), Delaney (CB), Bray (CM), Hyde (CM), Brooks and (CAM/ST), Lodovica (ST) . Would you agree with that bench Robert ;)?

Edited by CaleyTennis

2 hours ago, TheCaleyOne said:

Does the supporters bus still run from the bus station to the stadium and back after? I didn't use it last season so wasn't sure with all the bus cancellations if it's been stopped, thanks 👍

It has been running, driven by a season ticket holder who parks it up during the game. 

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Mark Ridgers makes a good point in his press conference when he states that we need to make TCS a fortress again as our home form was poor last season.

I would agree with the team that is posted above by @Robert and will post a potential bench which would be: Mackay (GK), Davidson (RB), Delaney (CB), Bray (CM), Hyde (CM), Brooks and (CAM/ST), Lodovica (ST) . Would you agree with that bench Robert ;)?

We are allowed 9 subs so I’d add Samuels and Ram. 

Hoping to see some of the intensity & sharpness that Dundee United showed last night, although with the quality of players they have added maybe wishful thinking.

From the clips I've seen of us so far we haven't been close to the levels I'd expect, even with our shortened / hybrid preseason. 

3 points today, regardless of how we get them, worry about the style later.

• Agree 1

Whilst we need to win home games like this if we are going to reach the playoffs, I think I’d settle for a draw today if it was offered, and I think the visitors would be happy with that too. Based on league cup results and performances, and injuries too, our team just doesn’t look ready for the season to start. Either that or we are actually just one of the worst teams in the league…in which case I’d definitely take a draw!

17 hours ago, Duke of Inverness said:

First time In 10 years I am not a season ticket holder. Might go to the game, but as it stands probably won't. Never felt so detached from ICT as I do now. 

Giving it a miss today. Watching shinty instead. The Arnie line of 'I'll be back' may not be the case for me. 

Wish the team well though. But can't abide by someone like Gardiner in charge rolling out the red carpet for his mates. 

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic