Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

9 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

This story with a bit of encouragement could easily go global......certainly amongst the football fraternity. Some rich guy ,lying on a beach in Bermuda, may just pick up on it and think............I want a piece of that action. On looking up our proud history and rise to the top he decides there and then he must be involved. He phones for his jet. Its happened before. So keep up the heat and force a further resignation/sacking. This could indeed go global.

@IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER is referencing Anders Povlsen in the HMS Sneck thread. Probably appropriate as his love for Scotland started when he was fishing!! However, we could do worse!  According to this BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-47803110 he and his wife have a manifesto of sorts which describes their deep connection with the area and their pledge to:   

"Restore our parts of the Highlands to their former magnificent natural state and repair the harm that man has inflicted on them".

Given that all of us want to repair the harm "that man" (SG) has inflicted on us, and restore Caley Thistle to their former magnificent natural state, then perhaps its a good fit. Besides, the ground at the Longman is a small part of Scotland he doesn't own 🙂

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Just now, Scotty said:

@IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER is referencing Anders Povlsen in the HMS Sneck thread. Probably appropriate as his love for Scotland started when he was fishing!! However, we could do worse!  According to this BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-47803110 he and his wife have a manifesto of sorts which describes their deep connection with the area and their pledge to:   

"Restore our parts of the Highlands to their former magnificent natural state and repair the harm that man has inflicted on them".

Given that all of us want to repair the harm "that man" (SG) has inflicted on us, and restore Caley Thistle to their former magnificent natural state, then perhaps its a good fit. Besides, the ground at the Longman is a small part of Scotland he doesn't own 🙂

Not sure he's a great idea Scotty given that he's inflicted the N500 and it's resulting problems on the Highlands? Doesn't really fit with the description above given the overtourism that's happening in some parts 

• Thoughtful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Not sure he's a great idea Scotty given that he's inflicted the N500 and it's resulting problems on the Highlands? Doesn't really fit with the description above given the overtourism that's happening in some parts 

Wasn't aware of that fact. thanks for letting me know. 

• Like 2

In better news, Taylor Swift apparently flew into Inverness (don't shoot the messenger), our financial problems are no more! (Assuming Scot Gardiner doesn't fumble the paperwork over drinks and karaoke at R&Bs)

• Funny 1

A list of people that may have led/lead to administration (through their actions, to differing degrees):

• Graham Rae
  • Ross Morrison
  • Scot Gardiner
  • Duncan Ferguson

A list of people that did not cause administration

• fans
  • ICT non-executives / staff
  • Local businesses

In terms of Kelty, that would have caused administration, but it didn't come to pass - as the Statkraft deal (worth over the lifecycle of between £1.4m-£1.7m) fell through.

I'm surprised by posts saying 'fans/trust got what they wanted'. Over the last seven years, Graham Rae, Ross Morrison,  Yvonne Crook, Scot Gardiner, Battery Farm rejection, Concert Company Ltd liquidation, Statkraft withdrawal, Kelty cancellation, Company House accounts overdue, Billy Dodds, John Robertson, Duncan Ferguson...and Ryan Christie having to buy footballs, it's the fans who get the bill because they expressed outrage alongside Duncan Shearer, Ryan Christie, Alan Savage, Roy MacGregor, Richard Gordon, Tom English, etc.?  Don't distract from all that just because of a contrastive expression!

Lenders - especially Ross - could automatically trigger administration, very easily.

This Kelty chapter looks to be over.  

The next chapter, "Statkraft: the goose that didn't lay the golden egg" - is why Ross walked from both Chair and Director, and probably to move on to the next act: Lender.  Gardiner and Kelty pale in comparison to what Ross does - or doesn't do - next.

• Like 3
  • Well Said 3

9 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Povlsen only acquired the NC500 brand in 2019.  It was the North Highland Initiative (established by King Charles) that came up with and implemented the original idea.

As I understand it Povlsen is trying to undo and lessen some of the negative impacts.  Although that would seem like trying to put the Genie back in the bottle.

A discussion for another topic.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

In better news, Taylor Swift apparently flew into Inverness (don't shoot the messenger), our financial problems are no more! (Assuming Scot Gardiner doesn't fumble the paperwork over drinks and karaoke at R&Bs)

It's not the fumbling of paperwork I'd be worried about.

• Funny 2

BBC also reported at 0730 that club staff were told yesterday that he’d resigned but was tying up loose ends.

Our very own Scotty was quoted in the piece too. 

• Like 1

I don’t often comment online on my own reports, but in view of the public interest in the issue - It’s my understanding that a staff meeting has been told by a director that Scot Gardiner resigned last week but is staying on short term to tie up loose ends.

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Tying up loose ends ? Laughable truly laughable . I’d not let him into the stadium again. it would be collect your belongings at the door and go . Trust him I would not . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Tying up loose ends ? Laughable truly laughable . I’d not let him into the stadium again. it would be collect your belongings at the door and go . Trust him I would not . 

And make sure to disable all his computer accounts and change all passwords.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Achfary said:

A list of people that may have led/lead to administration (through their actions, to differing degrees):

• Graham Rae
  • Ross Morrison
  • Scot Gardiner
  • Duncan Ferguson

Time for another book, Charles?  Written from the fans' point of view, and titled "Against All Frauds" :lol:

• Funny 7

26 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

So whats his notice period and during that time what duties is he still performing?

Very little I hope? Assume they are conforming with employment law with this move? 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Very little I hope? Assume they are conforming with employment law with this move? 

Agreed, but as you know contracts have many clauses - we have sen numerous employees at the club get gardening leave and/or be paid for month or years after dismissal. Hopefully if (as the media state) this is a resignation (not being forced out by the remaining board members) as indicated he will only have a month long period at most, but it seems football is not like other real world scenarios unfortunately.

• Agree 5

For a CEO role I’ve never seen a notice period of less than 3 months, and it is not uncommon to have 12 months. Arguably long notice periods are put in with self interest in mind, but equally a company does not want to be left in the lurch without adequate time to recruit a replacement.

ICT have a tonne of things needing done this month if we are to have any chance of fielding a team and it is all a lot more complicated than usual given the financial predicament.

• Agree 2

Ding, Dong.....if anyone can rustle up an AI generated graphic of our ex CEO in full lodge regalia under a scale replica of our battery farm I'd be forever in your debt. 

On a more serious note now that we have the desired regime change and the Kelty debacle has been put to bed how do we ensure that any season ticket monies are protected in the event of administration? Is there a way that we can ring fence these funds via the Supporters Trust?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thoughtful 3

8 minutes ago, ymip said:

Ding, Dong.....if anyone can rustle up an AI generated graphic of our ex CEO in full lodge regalia under a scale replica of our battery farm I'd be forever in your debt. 

Take it or leave it

Snapchat-1692410714.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Take it or leave it

Snapchat-1692410714.jpg

If the Council are looking for a new CE they could do worse. Skills include

Can talk a good game 

Alienates staff

Angers local communities

Bespoke financial analysis skills

Fond of a pet project

Rarely ventures into the real world other than occasional photo ops and self promotional activities.

In his spare time Scot enjoys perfecting impressions of the invisible man, counting his pencil collection and parking his caravan on municipal sites across Fife. 

• Funny 2

33 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

what duties is he still performing?

-Remember to order the seats for Hearts' new main stand (v.urgent)

-Email Cammy Mackay to buy footballs for the Youth Academy

-Text Robbo to see which other club's games he should start attending to butter up gullible Chairmen

• Funny 3

its been suggested that ex CEO may be working on a consultant/contractor basis. Employment law ( for obvious reasons ) relates to employees so maybe he can be gone sooner than later. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1