FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alcohol

L_G

Personally I think that's madness unless no alcohol can be taken in and the clubs are given the responsibility for all sales. I was at a baseball game last year in Houston and in addition to the food/drink outlets there were guys coming round selling chilled beer in the stands. Very civilised and no-one I saw was drinking excessively. I have my doubts about this working here though.

While it would be a nightmare to go back to the days of "kerry oots" in stadiums,there needs to be a modicum of common sense induced into civilised drinking in controlled environments within stadiums.The current nonsense in hospitality,where all evidence of alchol is removed 15 mins prior to kick off and cupboards locked etc is absurd in the extreme..........

How the feck am i meant to get my moneys worth oot of a free hospo day oot, if i lose 90 mins drinkn time?  :crazy07:

£4 a pint then  :004:

At BMO field (Toronto) you can buy beer but its inflated price (and that of the rest of the food/drink) is one of the few negatives so far

1/2 pint (in plastic glass) = $6.50 = £3.12

Pint (in plastic glass) = $13.00 = £6.24

500ml Tin (poured into plastic glass) = $9.00 = £4.32

Bottled water (500ml) = $4.00 = £1.92

Chip Butty !!! = $5.00 = £2.40

no big deal to me ....... I am used to alcohol not being allowed during a game so have a few pints beforehand, a couple of $2 burgers from McDonalds (no fries or drink) and then steer well clear of the stadium concessions stands until it is time to start drinking again in the pub after the game ..... the Pitcher of beer in the picture above costs the same as a pint at the stadium !!!!

I believe alcohol will come back to football stadia eventually. Probably just beer in plastic tumblers. I also dont think it will be abused cos of having to queue for ages to get served.

In Denmark they had the beer stall next to the hotdog stall. Order and pay for the beer, get the hotdogs then back and the beer is poured.

arent we getting a supporters bar of some awful description next season?  i quite like the artisit formerly known as bingham legends view on such things, every little bit the board appear to be doing for the fans comes back to the club getting more money, which is sadly true.

if clubs in scotland can make money by selling beer then it will happen

I have no problem with the club making a profit from the fans --- its all just business. If the club can be commercially viable then it is one way of ensuring progress. However, they have to make sure they are not ripping people off.

You could argue that all clubs rip people off to a greater or lesser degree and ICT are no different .... new strips every year (or every 2 in our case), those same strips that cost pennies to make being sold for 40 quid a pop, other "cheap" merchandise sold at premium prices, inflated entry fees to actually see a game and an extra fee for parking in what amounts to no more than a field. At the end of the day however, I will continue to do my bit - even from over here - by buying said merchandise and paying my money for other things including centenary club. [note: I would actually buy merchandise over the net if postage wasnt a REAL rip off !!! but I send someone in for it instead and they can post it to me for a quarter of the price that ICT wanted to charge.]

As for the stadium bar - this has been mentioned for about the 10th time in 10 years but never seems to happen. If it ever gets off the ground, then so long as it is selling beer at pub prices (or better still at social club prices) then there is no problem ... the club make a profit on it and the punters are paying what they would elsewhere.

Guest WynessLegend

Personally, I can see no benefit at all in strengthening the link between football and alcohol.

Whilst I'm sure many of you are sensible drinkers - alcohol, in this country, promotes unaccceptable behaviour at football matches.

I would be very sorry to see the ban relaxed and believe it is a huge mistake for Rugby.

Guest TinCanFan

Won't this just cause more crowd trouble and I reckon there already is alcohol at Caley Stadium and it was all drunk by the stewards at the Dunfermline game.