FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Summer Football

Guest TinCanFan

Do you support the idea of summertime football?  

52 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

Guest TinCanFan

Who on here supports the idea of the football season starting in say March and ending in November?  I think it would be quite a good idea because it works well in places like Ireland, Russia and America/Canada.  It would also stop the need for floodlights so often which would mean saving energy and it would also put an end to the freezing temperatures in December.  What are everyone else's views?

I've always liked the idea, and would like to see them experiment with it in the Highland League.

A bit of sunburn's got to be preferable to hypo-feckin-thermia, particularly if acquired on Station Parks hallowed grassy slopes.

I love the pre-season friendlies where you can rock up in yer shorts and flip flops instead of thermal undies and a bunnet.

:hairy01: :icecream:  :021: :021:

:cold02: :020: :020:

Guest TinCanFan

Here's what I think are the pros and cons of it:

Pros

1.Less need for floodlights so energy is saved.

2.Little or no football when it is really cold

3.More people go to the football because they have nothing better to do on their summer holiday

4.It works well in other places. ie MLS and the League of Ireland.

Cons

1.Football on cold winter days in January.

2.It could clash with competitions like the World Cup or Euro Championship.

3.People might not bother going on holidays when their team is playing.

I'm still pretty much undecided but a winter break is a good idea and it could be tried for one season in the Highland League or something like that to see if it works.