FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A Savage Appointment....

Johnboy

Alan Savage and his board of directors are now charged with the responsibility of appointing a new team manager. Do they have the appropriate knowledge, experience and expertise to make the right appointment?

I'm not sure that they are suitably qualified in any of these respects.. In fact I would even prefer to see a comittee formed from contributors to this website to interview potential canditates, and make an appointment. Many supporters of ICT contribute significantly to the club's finances. Shouldn't they have a say?

Comments please......

Doesnt Savage run the biggest recruitment agency of its kind in the world or something? If there is one thing he should know about, it is recruitment!

To say fans should have a say is very naive

Doesnt Savage run the biggest recruitment agency of its kind in the world or something? If there is one thing he should know about, it is recruitment!

To say fans should have a say is very naive

It's his knowledge of football that concerns me, Smee.....

At least he is a football fan (from back in the 60s man Utd), unlike wat i heard about David Sutherland who was more intrested in the business networking opportunities the position gave him.

A bit like the Army I suppose. Put the suckers in the trenches and the front line and smoke cigars at base.

Guest samuelbarros

Alan Savage and his board of directors are now charged with the responsibility of appointing a new team manager. Do they have the appropriate knowledge, experience and expertise to make the right appointment?

I'm not sure that they are suitably qualified in any of these respects.. In fact I would even prefer to see a comittee formed from contributors to this website to interview potential canditates, and make an appointment. Many supporters of ICT contribute significantly to the club's finances. Shouldn't they have a say?

Comments please......

You're suggesting the fans have the appropriate knowledge, experience and expertise to make the right appointment  :015: ?

The appointment of CC hardly turned into a success story did it?

Some of the potential candidates banded about by the fans at the time might very well have created more success for the club..... CC was not, or would not have been the fans ideal choice to replace Brewster.....

Was it not the cost of appointing CC at that time that greatly influenced the board's choice? 

Charlie wasnt sacked, he stepped aside because of the damage this position was doing to him and his family and I applaud him for such a brave decision. I was 100% behind him from the very start, and was still 100% behind him this morning. It is a sad day for our club.

I for one will continue to pronounce the word legend as 'ledge'-end when talking of CC and ICT as opposed to some who have always and will likely continue to use 'leg'-end instead.

Sergei Baltacha - P40 W13 - 32.5% - Div 3

Steve Paterson - P325 W152 - 46.77% - Div 3, Div2, Div 1

John Robertson - P82 W44 - 53.66% - Div1, SPL

Craig Brewster - P50 W17 - 34% - SPL

Charlie Christie - P63 W21 - 33.33% - SPL

Thats the stats of our managers !!

Charlie Christie's record is NOT that bad considering his only covers the SPL where we are a small fish in a large pond. Both Pele and Robbo who are statistically our best managers have figures padded by excellent runs in the lower divisions (Robbo's SPL record is P14 W4 or 28.57%).

The board have, in my opinion, always appointed the best available manager from the candidates that have expressed an interest and that includes Charlie Christie. Now that CC has stepped down, I have faith that they will once again appoint the best candidate from those that apply. To suggest a committee of fans, is, in my opinion, ludicrous. We will of course give our opinions as names emerge, but that should be the extent of our involvement.

- attached file - Manager Stats for those that are interested.

managers.xls

Charlie wasnt sacked, he stepped aside because of the damage this position was doing to him and his family and I applaud him for such a brave decision. I was 100% behind him from the very start, and was still 100% behind him this morning. It is a sad day for our club.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

I didn't say or even suggest he was sacked.... CC always had my support during his tenure, as will the next incumbent to the post.

All I'm suggesting is that he didn't take, or perhaps wasn't allowed to take ICT much further forward than the position they were in when he took over...

I'll repeat, albeit with hindsight - The appointment of CC, as team manager was not one of the ICT boards better decisions.

Guest samuelbarros

Further forward to what? ICT is a small club in a small town with a small support. We finished 7th and 8th under CC. The fact we're in the SPL is itself a huge achievement, given the bigger clubs (fanbase, history, wages) languishing in the lower leagues.

Aberdeen have only just managed to get back into Europe for the first time in years. Hibs haven't been in Europe for years, despite the high calibre of player they've been producing in recent times. People have been praising how well Jim Jefferies has done at Killie in recent years, yet all they've done is finish at the bottom of the top 6 a couple of times. Every season that ICT finish up still in the SPL is a season of success. Charlie was a success.

Agreed - he wasn't a failure by any means, and he gave us some great moments... I supported the decision to give him the job and certainly don't blame him for our league position at this moment.....

All I'm saying is we are now no further forward from where we were a year ago....

Paterson, Robertson and Brewster kept us moving up the way.... I don't think it's asking too much to suggest the next incumbent might, once again get us moving in an upward direction...

Agreed - he wasn't a failure by any means, and he gave us some great moments... I supported the decision to give him the job and certainly don't blame him for our league position at this moment.....

All I'm saying is we are now no further forward from where we were a year ago....

Paterson, Robertson and Brewster kept us moving up the way.... I don't think it's asking too much to suggest the next incumbent might, once again get us moving in an upward direction...

Johnboy, I dont believe either of the three you mention would have taken us anywhere further than CC did. This is the big league now and for at least seven of the teams in it survival will always be the first priority.

Robertson took Pele's team to SPL. Brewester kept us there. The only one of the three who could claim to have taken us upward is Pele.