FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Neil Warnock interview

Caley Mad In Berks

Did anyone else hear him being interviewed this morning, mostly about the Chelsea shambles?However, he did give us a mention.  Talking about how you have to take what's published in the press with a pinch of salt, he related the story of being in Scotland on holiday and being asked by a passer by about ICT.  He replied something along the lines of " they're a nice club, we played them in a pre season friendly, and it is a lovely part of the world" .  Next day its headline news that he's interested in the job.  I said at the time that he was way out of our league, and still think that he was never a serious contender for us.  He reckons he has one job left in him, and I quote, " at a good club".

I think there is a difference between expressing our hopes and slagging the board for not signing someone who was not interested in the first place like many posters did.

Alan Savage never actually ruled out the possibility of Warnock being appointed at that time....

What he did say was that he would be reluctant to appoint someone who would more than likely want to move on to a bigger club within a matter of months....

He is just spinning himself away from his interest in ITC. Dosen't do him any favours to be linked to mino's like us and to lose out to CB.

He was interested, interested enough to come out in the press at the time and say so!. Interested enough to put himself in a  closer geographical location to aid talks.

It just all went pare shaped when Sutherland phoned him out of respect and told him we were not really advertising for a manager!

We were just having to be seen to go through the motions!  as we had already lined up Brewster and had promised him the job several months earlier!

Graham

I think there is a difference between expressing our hopes and slagging the board for not signing someone who was not interested in the first place like many posters did.

And theres a huge difference between that and slagging them for appointing someone who should never have even been considered!  :symbol_exclaim01:

Not considered for what reason, seems a reasonable appointment to me given all the circumstances.  Stop living in the past swallow a bit of pride and get down to ICT instead of Dingwall.

must be a woman thing :sillywave:

I was taken to ONE County game by my BOSS, seemed rude to refuse, and I thought you would appreciate a wee report on how Blobby was getting on at Peterhead. Which you did  :001:

And I'll tell the couple of disgruntled Caley fans I met there that you think they're women, I'm sure they'll be impressed  :015:

aye Johnboy, anything is possible if you want to believe it.

The possibility of Warnock being appointed by ICT was discussed at that Supporters' Trust meeting  which took place shortly after CC quit... That is what Savage said at the time...

Do you remember - that meeting that you "couldn't be ersed attending" ...??

Presumably you're calling him a liar in that case...?

Thats right johnboy, I never went because I could not be ersed.  Me attending that meeting would have changed anything not one iota.  If you or anyone else really believed that Warnock was a candidate then you need help.  It was all hyped out of all proportion by the media and people on here clutching at straws.  Yes I thought he may have been interesting if he had popped along for a few months, but in reality it was pie in the sky.

I would not dare call him a liar, just economical with the truth.

mee, get back to where you really want to be, stop cutting off your nose to spite your erse.

I was critical of the board at the time for not drawing up a short list of canditates for the vacant manager's job, and for not conducting any interviews... (apart from one)

As things have worked out I now reckon the board got it completely right, and we now have the best guy we could possibly have got back at the helm....

Well done Messrs Savage & Bennett - take a deep bow.... :021:

"I was asked by a passer by about ICT" - I thought that David Sutherland phoned him.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

What a feckin embarrassment - but they got well and truly caught out ?

Brewster was in waiting and on stand by fer feckin months - and IMHO the best man fer the job - from a playing and coaching perspective.  :001:

I'll be back when Mike Smith leaves.

Just return under the thinking your money's going towards your favourite players wage.

Staying away is just letting Smith beat you :017:

Principles are one thing, being at the stadium on a matchday and supporting your team is another  :003:

My money would be going towards paying for a fan hating bully and I don't have to be in the stadium to support my team - less chance of being chucked out of my living room for celebrating a goal  :017:

Alan Savage never actually ruled out the possibility of Warnock being appointed at that time....

What he did say was that he would be reluctant to appoint someone who would more than likely want to move on to a bigger club within a matter of months....

:017:    :rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...