What really bugs you ??

dumpmaster

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Al tell you what has been grating me for a while now.............is that usless, talentless, brother and sister pair of twats that they call singers that reaced the final of X Factor. Believe they are called Same Difference

smilies - the antithesis of literary expression

They can play a fairly benignant role in that, where sometimes someone might misinterpret the tone of someone's post, the use of a smiley makes it more obvious if the point was light hearted or serious.

Guest couchpotato

They can play a fairly benignant role in that, where sometimes someone might misinterpret the tone of someone's post, the use of a smiley makes it more obvious if the point was light hearted or serious.

Folk using big words like "antithesis and "benignant" on message board to appear intelligent, i find this to be the worst form of psuedomancullarism

There's a guy at my work who posts on some dance forum. After he has typed out his post he pops onto Answers.com or something similar and changes every word into a "smarter" word. He asked me if I knew of a more intelligent way of saying the word "strap".

Similar to that episode of Friends where Joey writes a recommendation for Chandler and Monica.

Folk using big words like "antithesis and "benignant" on message board to appear intelligent, i find this to be the worst form of psuedomancullarism

Have you had the pleasure of being introduced to Sophia?

Middle age(d) men who die their hair.

It makes a thatch look so homogeneous unlike facial stubble, which as it grows, has a certain iridescent quality.

Guest couchpotato

Middle age(d) men who die their hair.

It makes a thatch look so homogeneous unlike facial stubble, which as it grows, has a certain iridescent quality.

So instead of mee's sharp tongue you got the sharp edge of mannies wit  :015: and i thought you were a literary perfectionist

These signs really bug me - sorry Alex - makes me wonder if there is an army of gaelic speakers out there who can't read or understand plain English...

The signs are downright feckin dangerous in as much that you have to take your eyes off the road for longer periods, than you would with uni-signs, to try and take in what information might be relevant for you.

As if we didn't have enough distractions in the car what with mobile phones, car radio/CD/tape/MP3 players, etc, etc....

I've actually heard of gaelic speakers complaining that some of these bi-lingual signs are riddled with spelling errors, and in some cases actually use letters that aren't even in the gaelic alphabet...!!  :024:

Gaelic in general annoys me. There is far to much money pumped into it. The old saying, flogging a dead horse springs to mind. Its a minority language! Will BBC2 start airing Polish language tv progs on a thursday night at 6pm? I mean....there are infinitely more Polish speakers in Scotland than there are Gaelic after all!

Guest couchpotato

Don't get me started , another ?7.5 million from the Scottish office, Gaelic medium schools,road signs etc,total load of bo**ox,it's gone let it go,end of.