What really bugs you ??

dumpmaster

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On Latvian TV they rely on advertising, there is a programme called Skating on Ice which was sent to UK.

But the adverts last, (after one dance), 7 minutes, so the prog goes on for hours. The sponsors are happy, as all watch , but when the same string of ads appear for nearly , thank your lucky stars for good old STV or wahtever is it now

Nuts.

All that squeezing and crushing, not to mention the risk of them exploding all over the Axminster for what?

They don?t even taste that nice.

Guest couchpotato

Folk that think the HIGHLAND Football Academy is Ross Counties academy  :029:

"The Highland Football Academy, a ?2.25 million project, was officially opened  by Julia Bracewell OBE, Chair of sportscotland, after four years of hard work to create top class facilities for the HIGHLAND  footballing community and to promote excellence in the game.

The HIGHLAND Football Academy Trust was established in April 2002 as a Company Limited by Guarantee and a registered charity. It is a partnership between The Highland Council, Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC and Ross County FC"

Guest sophia

I'm quite positive that I've heard various Ross County and media representatives lauding Ross County for its inception.

Are you sure it doesn't belong to them?

Guest sophia

I?m sure I remember Andy Walker, or perhaps another Glasgow based pundit, proclaim it as belonging to Dingwall?s finest.

Perhaps somebody gave him the wrong impression and thought he would get away with it!

I'm afraid we've stood back and let the County propaganda machine take the lead here. And in the past people like McGregor have not exactly rushed forward to correct the media's mistakes.

Just a couple of weeks ago The Herald ran a colour feature about academies and suchlike, based on Hibs new facilities at Ormiston. They included photos of Murray Park etc, and tucked in the corner was a photo of the HFA with the words "Ross County" and a County badge overlying it. I must say I should have pointed it out but then I had to get to work and forgot all about it.

Guest couchpotato

County certainly haven't tried to dispel the myth that it's Ross County Football academy because of it's physical location,(although there are pitches also located at Charlseton Academy) Any group can hire the facilities and use them.

Any way, thats one person less who thinks they own it now eh Sophia?  :004:

(sorry for using a smily at you)

Guest sophia

Thanks for that CP, it seems I'm better informed now.

Anyway, what a fat lot of good its doing them.

There are two, alright three, things going on here:

1. The apparent, to this writer at least, wilful misrepresentation of the facilities.

2. The flaws of the flabby Central centric Scottish football fraternity.

3. I'm too kind .....

although there are pitches also located at Charlseton Academy) Any group can hire the facilities and use them.

From what i understand...your correct....... in theory. The reality is very different tho and I have heard ICT are very good at flexing their muscles and being bullies.

Guest couchpotato

From what i understand...your correct....... in theory. The reality is very different tho and I have heard ICT are very good at flexing their muscles and being bullies.

Smee, if you have difficulty booking facilities, just tell them you represent a Gaelic speaking football team , they'll probly build you a stadium for private use!  :016:

The fact that ICT are promoting the Ross County Youth Academy by dint of the advertisement at the rear of the away stand.

Even if county do get more credit than this for us, we have a lot to thank county for - look how many ex-county players are in our squad and how well they are doing. I love the rivalry between the clubs but we seriously do have a lot to thank the guys over the water for.

People who park on the wrong side of the road- facing the traffic  :crazy07:

People who insist on parking <10M from the place they're visiting.

People (and I really don't want to be more specific here  :023:) who park their cars as if they've been abandoned.

People (and I really don't want to be more specific here  :023:) who come towards you up the centre of a narrow road, almost taking off your door mirror, while leaving a few metres on their nearside