FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

mcguire

strathyjags

after todays game we need to sign mcguire,i read a interview saying dungfermline wanted cash for him,well mr savage will need to put his hand in his pocket and find cash i think mcguire contributes more thna nicalue does,so stump up,also think we need another cb incase phil gets injured

Hmmnnn Blackie, ask David Proctor that one, he was responsible for him being sent off, lost his man for the first goal and is one paced.  However, I forgive him and yes we should sign him, but we should still be looking for the big stopper.

Hmmnnn Blackie, ask David Proctor that one, he was responsible for him being sent off, lost his man for the first goal and is one paced.  However, I forgive him and yes we should sign him, but we should still be looking for the big stopper.

Agree with that Manny plus he was not at his best today - I would prefer to look elsewhere.

Guest CALEY CALEY CALEYJAGS

he is far from one paced and it was granty who lost hesselink for both goals as he was picking him up...  he also looked off balance as the ball bobbled over him which led to proctor being sent off which was very harsh anyway but he certainly was not at fault for any goals and if in the same position any player would have sacrificed a red card to help save the team,,,,,   watch the game properly then you wont get facts wrong. look else where for a centre back we have one who is consistent and thats what we need won more games with him than without stats are there... its a team game and mcguire is contributing to the success of caley...

he is far from one paced and it was granty who lost hesselink for both goals as he was picking him up...  he also looked off balance as the ball bobbled over him which led to proctor being sent off which was very harsh anyway but he certainly was not at fault for any goals....

Have I missed something..?

I thought it was McGuire who's foot the ball bobbled over, which left Proctor with no other option than to bring Skippy down....

Otherwise I thought he had a good game....

He did ok and I would happily keep him.  We do however still need a bog stopper like Bobby and Dods before.  I felt that celtic were winning most of the high balls when it was Vinegar of Castlemilk and Killenmesofty up front near the end.  As Celtic were playing both they had no striker nipping in behind to win the flicks.

Good lad Phil. I wish more people would question Strachan and his moronic choice of words after games instead of firing off easy questions at him. McGuire has said exactly what a lot of people are thinking with regards to the red card incident with Proctor and asked why is the Pressley one so different. Good on him!

anyone doubting whether we should keep phil need only look at our results when he has played . offhand i think it is played 10 won 7 drawn 1 lost 2. you would be hard pushed to bring in anyone  who could better that on our budget.

I've no doubt that McGuire is a better bet than Caf.

No proof, just opinion!

However, he isn't Bobby Mann (I used to be his wife!) and he isn't Darren Dods.

After spells out injured, perhaps he isn't 100% fit just yet. For that reason I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Shouldn't be paying Dunfermline too much though, I'm sure they will be glad to lighten their outgoings.

Sign him if we can get him on reasobable terms but he's not so good that we should allow either Dunfermline or the player to hold us to ransom.

I could go along with that

Sign him, in January, ICT, or regret it - we like what we see, and the team play well with him in it.  The cost won't be that much, surely, and ICT can afford to buy a team player like Big Phil. 

(ps loved his step-over Skippy - have replayed the video umpteen times and its just ok by me!) :blah01:

• 2 weeks later...

Where's the Petitions when we need them?

Vote for "Big Phil" to stay now - ICT - for heaven's sake, what price does it take?  We win with Phil in the team, he's a team player, what more do you want?  Pay the price, sign him NOW.  If you let Phil go, then be it on your heads??????  Who else is there around - who can give the same commitment as Phil?  Not many, I guess?  Can you give us any names?  who?  at what cost?  He is supposedly happy at Inverness, so what's the problem? 

Too many question marks - sorry!  But..................

There was an article on him in the Sunday Times, basically saying how he is at a crossroads in his career. Says he is happy with us, but will be going back to Fife next week unless the clubs sort something out, or someone else comes in for him. Also mentions that Stephen Kenny was trying to find ways to recall him from loan!

Reading between the lines I expect him to stay, but it'll cost us a small 5 figure transfer fee.

So, pay up ICT - a five figure fee is a small fee to pay for such a team player - go on - it will be well worth it in the long run - Phil is worth it!

Phil for ICT!!!  Come on ICT!!!!  Pay up NOW.