FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

African Nations Cup

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Who do you think will win the African Nations Cup?  I reckon it could be between Ghana and the Ivory Coast though I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Cameroon winning it.  What does everyone else think?

From what i've seen so far i'd fancy Ivory Coast. Marcel Desailly has pointed out that they are more European than the other teams in the tournament by which i think he means that they have a controlled passing game and a solid defence although he could just be saying that nearly all of their players play for top European clubs.

Their match against Nigeria was tight for the first hour but once they scored they started to look really dangerous going forward. I'd like to see them win it and then go on and make a seious challenge at the next World Cup. With Drogba, Kalou, Eboue, Zokora,    Keita and the Toure brothers this is something of a 'golden generation' for the Ivorians and it would be great to see such a team fulfill it's potential. Vive le C?te d'Ivoire.