ICT -V- Hearts : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite odd that such an abject performance has brought out such little response on this website  :024:

You know, today, I felt nothing but a sense of expectation that this would happen and to be honest, tonight, I really cant be bothered reading or replying to most of the threads on here !!! I just wonder if a lot of posters are feeling the same way. Why should they put in the effort to lay their feelings out when it is clearly evident that the club/team arent bothering their arses.

What's it all about? 11 men trying to kick an inflatable ball into a net - all this fuss over something so frivolous. (I've just been dumped, can you tell? :009:)

Whatever the craic is with our final position, at least we've had a go  :clapping03: yeah Brews tactics might not be so hot, McGuires tackling might be a little mental, Duncan might struggle to pass water, Niculae might be as pacey as Roy chubby Brown - but at least they're trying their best eh?! Lets give them all a break.

They pull on those shirts every week and try to do us proud. It might not always work out - but at least their hearts are in the right place :003:

Nobody really played that badly today - the guys just looked nackered out there. We know they're better than today. Lets just get behind them and hope they can break into the top 6, this is the closest we've ever come and with enough support I really believe we can do it this time! Let the Dons and Jambos fans do the moaning.

Fresh slate starting next week! No booing Russel or Rory, no silly shouts at the gaffer or any of the boys from the stands! Our season starts now  :003: M'oan the Caley Jags!!!

Quite odd that such an abject performance has brought out such little response on this website  :024:

I just don't think some posters are surprised. Prior to the game yesterday we were the 2nd worst form team in the division. Gretna were better than us for goodness sake with only the form of Kilmarnock being worse than our own.

Personally, while I thought we had a chance against Hearts, after going a couple of goals down there was no way we would get back into it. Too many of the same mistakes are being made and I personally think a couple of key players are being played out of position. Furthermore, with one or two players who were key to our earlier good run frozen out or transferred, we don't have access to the same "weaponry" that allowed us to go on such a good run.

I had thought about travelling up to this one. So glad I didn't, but my thoughts are with those who did make a long journey, or any sort of journey for that matter, to see a performance like that.

Aye, too right - a 393 mile round trip for yesterday's performance. Any chance of a mileage claim ICT ? !!

:008:

Any Brewster comments after this latest gash? I am getting increasingly sick of being told that we played well......................it never seems to match up to what I have seen on the park.

Not listened to the post match comments but the following is on the BBC site. Seems fair enough.

*click*

What's it all about? 11 men trying to kick an inflatable ball into a net - all this fuss over something so frivolous. (I've just been dumped, can you tell? :009:)

Whatever the craic is with our final position, at least we've had a go  :clapping03: yeah Brews tactics might not be so hot, McGuires tackling might be a little mental, Duncan might struggle to pass water, Niculae might be as pacey as Roy chubby Brown - but at least they're trying their best eh?! Lets give them all a break.

They pull on those shirts every week and try to do us proud. It might not always work out - but at least their hearts are in the right place :003:

Nobody really played that badly today - the guys just looked nackered out there. We know they're better than today. Lets just get behind them and hope they can break into the top 6, this is the closest we've ever come and with enough support I really believe we can do it this time! Let the Dons and Jambos fans do the moaning.

Fresh slate starting next week! No booing Russel or Rory, no silly shouts at the gaffer or any of the boys from the stands! Our season starts now  :003: M'oan the Caley Jags!!!

Sorry to disagree DBS, and I know, I wasn't there, but they are not trying their best. Their best is to come back from two down against Celtic and win with ten men. Their best is to beat rangers at Ibrox. Their best is not to give away stupid, avoidable, goals. Their best is to maintain the "Fortress Longman" reputation. Their best is to be eleven men as one. Their best is to give the people who subsidise their wages the heart and soul that those same people give to them.

Guest Aboynamedsue

Sorry to disagree DBS, and I know, I wasn't there, but they are not trying their best. Their best is to come back from two down against Celtic and win with ten men. Their best is to beat rangers at Ibrox. Their best is not to give away stupid, avoidable, goals. Their best is to maintain the "Fortress Longman" reputation. Their best is to be eleven men as one. Their best is to give the people who subsidise their wages the heart and soul that those same people give to them.

I totally agree  ( You forgot about the 1  1 draw at Ibrox last season when we were down to 10 men !)

Just watched the highlights. First one reflects badly on Fraser who started to come but then stopped and then couldn't make up his mind.

Second goal was simply fantastic play from Nade.

Third showed the short back pass from Black and then a wee bit of ping pong football between Fraser, Munro and a Hearts player before Elliot lofted the ball over Fraser.

I had thought about travelling up to this one. So glad I didn't, but my thoughts are with those who did make a long journey, or any sort of journey for that matter, to see a performance like that.

Likewise- and you'd have had to suffer my taste in music too  :015: :015: :015:

Funny but the last Hearts game was probably one of the highlights of the season - what a happy car that was, texting Jim Traynor and all sorts.

Having gone down to Tynecastle just before Christmas, it's heard to believe that it was virtually the same team playing yesterday.  Haven't seen the goals again but got a a pretty good view of the first two and thought the first was possibly stoppable while the second wasn't from where Mikey was.  The third I have heard about and had a distant view of - thankfully there were only three. 

Freeland was as bad as our team was, which makes it all the more understandable why St Mirren didn't want him for their cup replay.  Rosscoe was used as a pommel horse in the box right in front of him and he just turned away.  Then Rosscoe and Marius were flattened in the box and he just waved claimes away.  On the day we didn't deserve anything which is what we got. 

Mikolunas has cheated against Scotland and spent all day yesterday trying to gain an Olympic diving place.  Think the best place for him is at the bottom of a pool.

There may be some light at the end of the tunnel in young Rory who had a positive run and shot that shows he has more potential than many posters gave him credit for last year.  The boys did try but looked knackered after chasing 'tic in midweek.  I know Hearts were entertaining the huns but they just rolled over and obviously enjoyed the  training.

Thank god for Gretna, and the end of the season being too close for them.

Got home last night and could hardly be ersed coming on here to post any thoughts because I knew that everyone would only be saying what I was thinking.....I sat through it all once and I really wasn't in the mood for reliving it all on here again.  That's no criticism on the site users or what they post, just a reflection of how bad I thought it all was yesterday.

I don't think we started too badly in all honesty and we were playing some half decent football, albeit it in short spells that normally ended up being spoiled by schoolboy errors.  Then the first goal went in and our midfield dropped so far back that they had the defense sitting in their back pockets and our own guys were doing nothing more than falling over the top of each other.

Fraser was, IMO, to blame for the first goal.  He started to come for the ball and our guys stood off it in order to give him space, but then he stops and starts back pedalling leaving open space for the easy header into the back of the net past a floundering goalkeeper.

We couldn't string anything together, and whenever Imrie or Patti got a break away on the wing nobody pushed forward to offer any support.  We were second to everything and even when we were first we kindly passed it to the wrong team.  The midfield seemed scared to cross the half way line and our back four were working hard to make sure they played every Hearts forward onside at every opportunity.

As for tackling.....the only person out there yesterday that looked capable of getting a foot on a ball was Ross Tokely, the rest of the team couldn't tackle a fish supper.  This was point proven at the second goal when Black and Patti(?) failed to put any pressure on allowing the simple pass down the line to the unmarked Nade who nutmegged Grant Munro and only had to step over Duncan who slid right past the front of him without making contact on anything.....there's a reason Elliot hasn't scored for 2 years, but when your central defender (McGuire) leaves his man (Elliot) standing alone in the middle of the box to chase ghosts then he's never going to miss when the ball comes to his feet.

Niculae had two half chances to get the ball in the net, the first was just a little too high for him and he couldn't get far enough off the ground to head it downwards and the second once seemed to take a bounce as he struck it (whilst at full stretch) and went over the bar.  It's easy to criticise missed opportunities, especially when the overall team performance is so chronic, but Niculae was one of only 2 or 3 players we had out there playing with any real spirit yesterday.  How Brewster or the team thought a lone striker was going to manage to do anything when he was having to drop back to the half way line to compensate for the midfield sitting so deep is anyones guess.

Credit to Brewster though, he made the change that many people wanted to see at half time and Wyness came on to assist up front, but Brewster can't go out there and play the game for the lads and they failed to make use of the front two in the second half.

The third goal will be a contender for "It'll be alright on the night".....What Black thought he was doing is beyond me, and whilst Fraser did well to win the initial challenge he was slow to get back to his line and was caught ball watching.....watching as it was floated easily over his head and in to the back of the net.

Other moments of note during the game.....

Black imitating Duncan by twice missing tackles and sliding straight past his man.

Our team sitting back with their feet up as Patti made a great run down the left to find that his only option was to run it to the corner as nobody had bothered to get forward an in to the box.

Imrie making some wonderful moves on the right only to end them by passing the ball to the opposition.

Duncan actually managing to make four forward passes one after the other which both went forward and to our own players...unfortunately the ball came straight back to him each time and he seemed to get a little hacked off by that so gave the ball to Hearts on attempt number 5.

The clown of a referee who just made a bad day even worse.

Makulinas would have had several yellow cards before the tackle in which he finally got booked, and to add insult to injury he dived later in the game and the ref just smiled at him and told him to get up.

The one decision the nearside linesman got correct when he gave a corner to ICT...only for the ref to come in and overrule it and give the goal kick.

The Hearts defence obviously rate Niculae highly because they spent the entire game trying to pull his short off him to add to their collection....the ref obviously thought this was understandable because he failed to penalise Hearts for it even once.

The ref running half way back down the pitch to book Black for allegedly mouthing, despite the fact Black had been talking to the dugout and walked off in the opposite direction of the ref at the time...no wonder the wee man looked disgusted.

Player Ratings....

Rossco - 7.5

Patti - 7

Niculae - 7

Everyone Else - 4.5

A wee message for the team......I don't give a flying feck how much disharmony might be present, people pay good money to come and watch you play and they have a right to expect you to at least make the effort.  Far too many of you were out there yesterday and just didn't look interested in the slightest.  If that's the way you want to play it then every single one of you can leave in the summer and we'll have 11 players who are at least willing to make the effort to entertain the guys who do support you regardless of everything else.  You may feel like you owe the club jack 5hit, but you do owe the fans.

My apologies to Rory for not seeing you come out and play with what is reported as a bit of spirit and a much improved performance from what we have perhaps witnessed in the past, but quite simply, I couldn't take any more and I decided that going back to work was going to be far more enjoyable than watching the shocking display being put on by the majority of your team mates.

Definitely, the guy ran the wing tirelessly yesterday and had those in the middle got the finger out and pushed forward more often then he would have at least had options other than running it to the flag and trying to win corners.

I was surprised that he was hooked at half time, but it was either that or weaken an already struggling central midfield.

Hard to find positives from this match but here goes.. Dougie Imrie deserved his start on looks a good buy, not afraid of the ball and bound to improve. Rory came on and tried to impress looks like he has grown a bit and was not eased of the ball like before...  

caleymore, you are correct about Imrie, he is "bound to improve", well on Saturdays performance that is his only option.  He had a stinker, like many others in the team.  Fraser maybe not the best at the first goal, but that apart I thought he was our best performer, along woth Tokely and Marius.  Patti was not at his best either, he disappointed me, I was looking for more from him. Lack of pace throughout the team is hurting us.  McGuire should be replaced by Proctor when fully fit.  Well done to Rory for having the balls to have a shot at goal, his twenty five yarder just rising too high, but at least he gave it a go, albeit the game was well over by then.  Really big disappointment.  Not sure why Black seems to be the fall guy every week, being subbed before others more deserving of a rest, no wonder he gets frustrated.

Yes, it's been a bad two months at the office, is there any light at the end of the tunnel? Bring on the close season.