FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Hearts : matchday thread

Scotty

I wouldn't say I am a Niculae critic compared to one or two other posters on here but I can't fathom how he tried harder than anyone else on Saturday. One infuriating moment came when Proctor cut across goal from the right and was looking to shoot but Niculae stood right in front of him and ended up forcing Proctor even further wide before he lost the ball. Perhaps a simple communication issue?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Todays extremely weak, tired performance was understandable coming at the end of a run of 5 tough games in 14 days.

Perhaps Brewster should have been more economical with the resources available and played a second string side away against Celtic to concentrate on todays game, but I doubt many fans would have accepted such a decision.

3-0 flattered Hearts. Their goals were handed to them on a platter. It was reminiscent of our capitulation against Motherwell a while back, our midfield and defense were losing almost every challenge in the game. Their second goal was a good example of this. Duncan had what looked like an easy challenge to make against Nadi who had lost control, but he ended up sliding in and somehow managing to completly miss the ball :029: on todays display he's lucky to be a professional footballer at all, never mind a pay rise. He and McGuire were the worst players on the park. I would play McBain and Proctor in their place next week.

Blackie was very ineffective and deserved to be substituted. I doubt he'll even make the squad next week after the way he reacted. On recent form I don't think he'll be sorely missed.

Any positives? Imrie had another good game and seems to have a good understanding with Cowie. Roscoe did well to keep his head when the jambos were clearly trying to get him sent off, he kept making surging runs up the wing right to the end when others seemed to have given up. McAllister looked stronger when he came on for a late cameo. His dribble and shot was one of the few decent efforts we managed to muster in the whole game. And it was nice to hear Barry Wilsons name being chanted from behind the goals. Perhaps as a tribute, perhaps as a protest?

I wouldn't give up on the top 6 just yet. Our rivals have failed to capitalise on our recent bad form so we're still in touch, and fixture wise we have a very favourable run in. I expect a much improved performance next week after a well earned rest, and hopefully a good collective @rse kicking from the gaffer. It's in the aftermath of days like to today where Brewster needs to earn his bacon.

No offence but what tosh!  These guys get paid to play football so if they have to work for 450 odd minutes in 14 days then they should be able to cope with that.  They look like a team with no leadership and no clue.  Why are we playing a player in the middle of the park who has no interest in signing on playing for us?  Roy McBain, who is not a world beater spent the whole game running up and down to keep warm despite the fact he played really well when he came on at Celtic Park.  Crap negative tactics, a team that hit the target TWICE, cant take corners or free kicks, cant pass and hasnt won since 06/01.  Not good enough and something must be done.

The Wilson chant was  a protest!

What's happened to the defence since Dods left ? The number of soft goals we've coceded this season is shocking.

Surely time for Watt to get an outing McGuire has been dreadful of late.

I agree totally.

I wouldn't say I am a Niculae critic compared to one or two other posters on here but I can't fathom how he tried harder than anyone else on Saturday.

Niculae looked good on Saturday because he has sublime control and awareness - but he is also a lazy fecker BUT he uses his experience to cover the fact very well.

Niculae put in a good shift on Saturday, a good example of this was when he lost the ball in an attacking position, only for him to chase the Hearts player back across the halfway line to tackle him and win it back.

Pass marks also to Hastings who put in his usual 100%, Wyness and Proctor also showed up well when they came on. I was in Tesco by the time Rory had his effort on goal.

The midfield needs a feckin good shake. I'd go 4-4-2 against Falkirk and drop Patti and Duncan, giving a midfield of Cowie, Hart, Black & Imrie. Front two should be Wyness & Niculae.

Guest TinCanFan

What makes me annoyed is that some people would've ?20+ to see that game and the team gave a dire, not even half hearted performance.  If that had been my first ICT game, I'd never go again.  It's obviously mainly tactical problems and I now believe that re-appointing Brewster was the worst mistake this club has ever made.  And what on Earth was that kick off?  Niculae passes to Black and then someone hoofs it down the pitch.  Completely stupid.  The only players that I was impressed with was McAllister and why oh why is that useless tool Russel Duncan still getting a game?  He doesn't want to play for ICT and I'm not the biggest Roy McBain fan in the world but he surely would've played better than that "player".  And what about Phil McGuire.  Can he do anything right?  A player I sincerly hope he isn't Brewster's final replacement for Darren Dods, and while this is happening, Steve Watt who, from what I can see is far better is still not geting a game.  Pure stupidity on the manager's part.  Another player who is still constantly getting a game is Tokely.  He's okay compared to McGuire I suppose, but is still running a slow as an oil tanker and not a patch on Proctor.  But even after all this the club think that people should ship out a small fortune to see this team play, it makes me sick.