FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

George Fraser is new chairman...

Johnboy

Interestingly, I understand that after the deal to purchase Tulloch CEL the largest shareholder in ROK (which as earlier stated included share transfer as well as equity), albeit very much a minority holding, became...... David Sutherland

Who took over who  :024:

Not a critisism I should add

My first thoughts were "Why the feck would anyone want to be Chairman of ICT right now".  I then thought that this could be the first step towards regaining some stability....before realising that George Fraser was a member of the Board who sanctioned actions which caused the instability.

I guess we just have to wait and see what happens......

From the statement,

Mr Fraser said:"It is with both humility and commitment that I have accepted this task.  This club has brought SPL football to the Highlands and has shown how to operate in a sensible fashion.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :015:  :015:  :015:  :015:  :015:  :029:

Kind of stammered and stuttered when asked how Marius's wages were paid....

Shame too that Charles didn't ask whether there was any likelyhood of Marius remaining at ICT...

Or did he have to agree not to ask that question...?

From the BBC interview-

"If you're hearing about the boardroom in 6 months time I haven't done my job right"

Let's hope that, in his own words, he does his job right and we're talking about football on here next season, rather than what's going on behind the scenes then

I disagree and think that we should be hearing talk from the boardroom on a regular basis.

If you go back to the days of the "Boardroom Banter" where the club gave regular news to the fans we didn't have near as many issues with fans getting p!ssed off by the board as we've had in recent years.

The information has a habit of getting out to the fans anyway, and the club would be doing themselves a lot of favours if the grasped the nettle and made sure it was done properly and not via rumour and conjecture.

If people know what's going on then less time is spent discussing the rumours and more time can be spent focusing on events on the field.

As the saying goes...prevention is better than cure.

Talk from the boardroom is to be encouraged talk about the boardroom is another thing entirely.

totally agree.

In the days of "boardroom banter" we got some decent communication with the club (not just the board) and supporters were encouraged to ask questions or raise concerns. Not all were answered and some things could not be answered for business or confidentiality reasons but it was pretty good all round.

A fair bit of BB was written with a positive bias towards the club but there were usually enough straight answers to straight questions to keep most people happy. The board were quite skeptical at first but I think in the end it also gave them a monthly benchmark of what the issues were and how the fans were feeling about things so everyone was a winner !!!! Shame it was discontinued by his successor when Kenny C stepped down from the board ......

Ahh, so it's the George Fraser of the shinty brothers fame, George and John Fraser, both legends at Newtonmore shinty club, and holder of many Camanachd Cup medals I am sure.

Go on George, give it a go.

Does anyone on here seriously believe that just because a certain board member has now been elevated to the post of chairman, the supporters, and the media, will now switch their attention to what's happening on the field..?