FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Backin Brewster ?

As the new season is upon us I feel that we have to give the entire set up our support - criticism will be given after the performances.

I am now led to believe that recent occurences at the club may well have shackled us from spending spondoolachs in the transfer market but I am still concerned that we appear to be sticking with the Brew Faves as well.

The positives are that we appear to be giving the yoof of ICT a better opportunity to experience SPL football and with the likes of Duff, Vigurs, Zander and Wood - that can only be encouraging fer the future of the club. It is also a positive that we have looked at strengthening in the striking department and have managed to cling on to the like of Cowie.

My big concern is that we have not drafted in some experienced players - especially in defence and potentially a holding midfield player. I fear that we are placing too much expectation on the likes of Tokely, Maguire,Hastings and Duncan to provide that experience. They may have the SPL experience but their performances have not given us the hope that they will be able to keep us afloat - they are all too Jekyll and Hyde. we simply dont have a Bobby Mann figure who can play balls intelligently out of defence - on the floor as well.

My other concern is around Grant Munro. the captaincy appeared to weigh him down last season. He is still only young and developing - two more years with a Dods like figure would have been ideal. The expectations on him to hold a realtively young side together this season is equally if not more taxing.

So lets hope that the "hoof" tactic is dropped to an extent and that we look to attacking - I would prefer to lose 4-3 than 1 or 2-0. Lets hope that the younger players develop quickly and are allowed to make their marks. Lets have some consistency in formations and tactics and lets use the feckin bench more appropriately.

Well - Here's hoping :rotflmao:

"It is also a positive that we have looked at strengthening in the striking department"

The Attackers department would only be positive if we had decent players in it, we only have 1, if that....Barrowman, an completely unproven player at this level.

There is no positive in the strike department!

I have faith that Barrowman will do good for us this season and i still think we have a strong midfield. My only concern is about our defence, I just hope our new boy zadi can play consistantly for 90 minutes and just be solid, but i fear he could be the new zibi - shows some good potential training but makes so many errors when on the park, i just hope he proves me wrong. Oh and Tokey needs to get his act together, hopefully he can raise his game for the start of the season, he's not been looking to chipper in preseasons...

"It is also a positive that we have looked at strengthening in the striking department"

The Attackers department would only be positive if we had decent players in it, we only have 1, if that....Barrowman, an completely unproven player at this level.

There is no positive in the strike department!

I said "looked at" - a good striker costs more than players in other positions. At least we are looking at the loan system market.

Well - You have to doff yer hat to Mr Brewster and the lads this morning. At last we win the first game of the season, we beat the Aberdire in their own back yard and get the monkey off our back - And we are topof the SPL fer the first time in our feckin history.

Still one swallow does not make a summer - but if he manages to get Rooney and pulls an experienced central defender out of the hat - then he will be going a long way to make ammends.

The good thing as well is that the team, at the moment, feels a bit like the one that came along in our first SPL season - and that year it was the spirit and the effort that pulled us through. When our yoof are going to be called upon ya can imagine that they will be playing from their hearts as many are ICT born and bred.

The Hamilton game will now take on extra significance. These are the games that should be down as "must wins" - Lets see how we fare when we are the favourites and we have to set the pace.

I think that you may not have appreciated my drift. To back the team ya have to back Brew. It is going to be very interesting to see how we fare and how the spirit develops this season without the distracting side show of over favoured Eastern European mercenaries.

But if Brew does not learn from his mistakes last season and continues to make howlers - then we can criticise fairly - IMHO it should be based on performances this season rather than historical perspectives.

I think that you may not have appreciated my drift. To back the team ya have to back Brew. It is going to be very interesting to see how we fare and how the spirit develops this season without the distracting side show of over favoured Eastern European mercenaries.

But if Brew does not learn from his mistakes last season and continues to make howlers - then we can criticise fairly - IMHO it should be based on performances this season rather than historical perspectives.

Excellent point. There's nothing to be gained by continuing to criticsie or express doubts now a new season has begun. Yesterday was a promising start for Brew: his tactics were correct, the team looked motivated and worked tirelessly, it wasn't just long ball stuff and two of his signings (Imrie and Barrowman) were among the stand-out performers.