Hearts -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A mouthful has been said on this thread so far.

As far as the comment about it being too early for the Manager to think about what happens in April 2009 I think Brew had better start thinking about it immediately.Morale will suffer if these low scoring defeats continue . Unfortunately for him, it's his responsibility to set the tone, clear the air and have the courage to drop players who are not effectively fulfilling the role that they are supposed to be playing or give players special coaching to make sure they fully understand what is expected of them.

If the slide gets started seriously then it will be difficult to arrest without wholesale changes and with a diminished budget, plus reducing crowds looming, he may not be able to do anything effective to accomplish this. Then despair and depression sets in and confidence erodes further. And if the players are already bickering at each other and start to dislike each other with undercurrents of resentment brewing what then?

Morale boosting and spirit enhancing should be in the forefront of his mind. Plus making sure that each player knows exactly what is expected of him and the consequences of not meeting those standards regardless of whether that pleases the player or not! :rotflmao:

From the BBC

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Craig Brewster: "I think we performed well today. We had one lapse in concentration where we didn't deal with the initial header that broke - they reacted quickly and Mikoliunas finished it well.

"I think we were first class all over the park. One wee blip and it's cost us dearly, but we've done everything to try and score and what summed it up for me right at the death was that they had hardly any maroon jerseys up for their own corner.

"You look to try and pick up points every game, whether it's home or away. Our away form has been excellent and I thought we had another excellent performance today, but we just couldn't get that elusive goal."

I'm not sure which game he actually attended...yet another fantasy post-match comment.

You enjoy your view of the game young one. In time you'll learn more and understand the frustrations.

Personally I dont blame Brewster on his own. He's gone out and done what he can with the money available. I do, however, blame a number of players in this team. We all know what they can do but they dont seem to want to do it. Every now and again someone comes on to this forum and suggests so and so is away to Hibs or Falkirk or Aberdeen. Sorry but based on effort and performances so far this season there's only one player who'd interest other clubs and I believe Mr Black and his family would like to stay in Inverness. For the rest I wonder if the top half of div 1, let alone higher than us, would be interested.

Someone, or something, is causing problems in this team. The camaraderie is gone. The ethos that the came through the last 14 years is gone. Look at the warm up before the game. No laughing and joking. Just go through the motions. During the game players spend more time bitching at each other than actually playing. There is no partnerships and there is no reading and understanding each other. There simply is no TEAMWORK. And that goes from the top of the tree to the bootboy.

Brewster and his coaching team must take the blame . Anyone at the game on Saturday could see Black was by far our best player . Brewster could easily have taken his pick from the other 3 in midfield especially Imrie who again dissapointing . Surely Ross has to be rested . How many more goals are we going to concede due to Michaels lack of judgement. Where i do agree with you is the lack of camaraderie ,and we totally lack aleader on the park.

Mantis, you missed Roy having a volley brilliantly saved by Jambo's keeper from around twelve yards.

Hearts never threatened in the second half either.

Black's substitution..................amazing. And he acknowledged the fans booing Brewster when he came off.

Overall, we deserved a point, but lack of decent striker showed up again.