Imrie Hype

rossfm

I have not taken to Dougie Imrie, still feel he has not shown he can be consistant at this level. He started quite well and got good reviews since joining last January, and did well in the opening game against Aberdeen, as did the whole team. Since then he has looked very poor, and so have other 1st team players, many have not taken to McGuire, me it is Imrie.

Too many times he has frustrated me, though a great goal at Falkirk, credit due. Overall he is good at coming in off his wing, but trys too much, and we lose the ball and then are left in trouble. He is not getting past his man enough, passing not the best. Maybe better through the middle, an option we should consider with our poor strike rate.

I feel he believes there is a hype surrounding him, media led, as we the fans are still undecided. I hope he gets back on his game and prove me wrong, he has proved at times he has some quality, but I don't think he has enough.

I have not taken to Dougie Imrie, still feel he has not shown he can be consistant at this level. He started quite well and got good reviews since joining last January, and did well in the opening game against Aberdeen, as did the whole team. Since then he has looked very poor, and so have other 1st team players, many have not taken to McGuire, me it is Imrie.

Too many times he has frustrated me, though a great goal at Falkirk, credit due. Overall he is good at coming in off his wing, but trys too much, and we lose the ball and then are left in trouble. He is not getting past his man enough, passing not the best. Maybe better through the middle, an option we should consider with our poor strike rate.

I feel he believes there is a hype surrounding him, media led, as we the fans are still undecided. I hope he gets back on his game and prove me wrong, he has proved at times he has some quality, but I don't think he has enough.

im the same i just can't see what others see in Imirie. to me he just doesn't look good enough to be playing in the SPL. i think he makes a good first division player but not enough quality there to play for a SPL club.

Guest WynessLegend

im the same

I'm different - I think he's a legend.

(On the other hand - I haven't taken to you)

good for you...do you know the meaning of legend...clearly not.

Probably better than you do son ....... there's the traditional meaning and also

the meaning which has come into modern usage.

Come on, see if you can guess which one I'm using.

im the same

I'm different - I think he's a legend.

(On the other hand - I haven't taken to you)

good for you...do you know the meaning of legend...clearly not.

Probably better than you do son ....... there's the traditional meaning and also

the meaning which has come into modern usage.

Come on, see if you can guess which one I'm using.

son...well dad...doesn't really matter which one your using because he certainly isn't one. he isn't someone to be admired for his football ability and i dont think he is a myth of any kind and i dont think there is a unverifiable story surrounding the player of Dougie imirie.

Guest WynessLegend

son...well dad...doesn't really matter which one your using because he certainly isn't one. he isn't someone to be admired for his football ability and i dont think he is a myth of any kind and i dont think there is a unverifiable story surrounding the player of Dougie imirie.

Yawn, ..........................the one thing you're right about is that you certainly aren't my son.

From an entirely different gene pool I fear.

Now, go to bed.

Yawn, ..........................the one thing you're right about is that you certainly aren't my son.

From an entirely different gene pool I fear.

Now, go to bed.

wow you have a problem mate...i have my opinion you have yours. dont insult me personally when you dont even know me...you asked me a qustion i answered it.

Guest WynessLegend

wow you have a problem mate...i have my opinion you have yours. dont insult me personally when you dont even know me...you asked me a qustion i answered it.

I agree with Caley D - this is no place for a silly little squabble.

But before I go I feel I have to let you know that it was you, CaleyP, who started the insults

by implying I did not know the meaning of the word "legend".

At the end of the day you don't like Imrie, I do.

Nothing to get overexcited about.

I agree with Caley D - this is no place for a silly little squabble.

But before I go I feel I have to let you know that it was you, CaleyP, who started the insults

by implying I did not know the meaning of the word "legend".

At the end of the day you don't like Imrie, I do.

Nothing to get overexcited about.

well technically you said "i haven't taken to you" in your first comment, which came out of the blue because i was just agreeing with the comment made before mine. it was just my opinion on Imirie. your correct though nothing to get overexcited about. im not on here to argue with fellow fans, banter yes. i just found it odd that you decided to comment on my opinion when the person that started this thread shared the same opinion. anyway i hope you are right and dougie proves me to be wrong. :rotflmao:

"genius" - "legend" - other teams set out to mark him. :rotflmao:

He is a promising young player who is an apprentice, learning his trade - he has potential - he has his strengths and his weaknesses - like most - he is inconsistent - he is a "squad" player at the moment - nothing more.

I would question his attitude and his temperament - I suspect that he loses concentration when he has a bad spell or makes a mistake or two - he certainly appears to be one that does not react well to criticism from colleagues.

Of course the jury is out - it will be till the end of the season - I am not overly impressed but give the poor **** a chance. The "hype" is from the fans - he has endeared himself cos he reacts to the fans - feckin fair play to him. How did you all feel when he cracked in the winner at Falkirk and made a bee line to the way support.

I am quite happy to keep singing the Dougie Imrie ballad - the lad can only improve.

i know i've made it clear that I dont really see what some people see in dougie but i do hope he turns out to be good player one day. i wouldnt say he's an apprentice though...he is in his third - fourth season of senior football.

I meant in SPL terms.

He's certainly inconsistant and rough arond the edges, reminiscent of the young Barry Robson in that regard at times although perhaps he doesn't quite reach the same peaks. We are desparatly short of creative players, as our 'goals for' column shows. Creative players are naturally unpredictable and erratic so I think we have to be willing to make a trade off somewhere.

My only moan is that IMHO Zander Sutherland is just as good, if not better than Dougie Imrie and he ought to be given a chance to show what he can do particularly when Imrie is off the boil as he has been recently.

i know i've made it clear that I dont really see what some people see in dougie but i do hope he turns out to be good player one day. i wouldnt say he's an apprentice though...he is in his third - fourth season of senior football.

I meant in SPL terms.

sorry my apologies.

He's certainly inconsistant and rough arond the edges, reminiscent of the young Barry Robson in that regard at times although perhaps he doesn't quite reach the same peaks. We are desparatly short of creative players, as our 'goals for' column shows. Creative players are naturally unpredictable and erratic so I think we have to be willing to make a trade off somewhere.

My only moan is that IMHO Zander Sutherland is just as good, if not better than Dougie Imrie and he ought to be given a chance to show what he can do particularly when Imrie is off the boil as he has been recently.

i agree i think zander could give us a different dimension down that wing. also i think vigurs has done well in that position but he's a centre midfielder not a winger so really hope zander gets a chance to prove himself.

Imrie does a lot of tracking back, tackling and has upper-body strength - all attributes that Zander lacks at the moment. This is a shame, because Zander can definitely beat a man and put a decent cross into the box, areas where Dougie is inconsistent at best. I suppose it comes down to Brewster's preference for graft over craft. Sometimes i can see his point, but now it's gone too far. With Don Cowie out of sorts, we don't seem to have a single creative midfielder or wide man. Has it really reached the stage where we don't have a player who can provide better set-piece deliveries than Dougie Imrie?

Imrie does a lot of tracking back, tackling and has upper-body strength - all attributes that Zander lacks at the moment. This is a shame, because Zander can definitely beat a man and put a decent cross into the box, areas where Dougie is inconsistent at best. I suppose it comes down to Brewster's preference for graft over craft. Sometimes i can see his point, but now it's gone too far. With Don Cowie out of sorts, we don't seem to have a single creative midfielder or wide man. Has it really reached the stage where we don't have a player who can provide better set-piece deliveries than Dougie Imrie?

Vigurs?

Imrie is hardly hyped, he's not Freddy Adu.

Dougie has shown that he is capable of putting in decent performances for us and that he is hard-working. He doesn't have the consistency yet but is still learning. I thougth he was poor yesterday, a lot of slack passes even over short range. He didn't look comfortable up against Kingston either.

I think Imrie is one of these inconsistent talents. He has clearly shown signs he can play SPL football with some of his goals and assists. But sometimes he gets cocky and try's to take on players...which he does struggle with at times. He also looks a bit light-weight sometimes but his effort and commitment can't go unnoticed. If Brew can get him playing consistently he would be a much better player...he does need to stop taking corners though because he can't take them.

I agree with the comments about Cowie. He seems to have lost intrest everytime he plays. I don't see 100% effort from him anymore.

Edited by ajsict92

I agree with the comments about Cowie. He seems to have lost intrest everytime he plays. I don't see 100% effort from him anymore.

Bit harsh to say he's not putting the effort in. Perhaps he's just struggling for form. Still gets in the team every week so maybe its more a case of 2nd season syndrome.

Imrie can hit a shot, i'll give him that and he does put a shift in, but as an all round player at the moment, he seems to be a little limited of the glimpses i've seen.

Ross Tokely is another who could be critised at the mo.