FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Google Earth

The Mantis

Aye, I see what you mean rite enaff..... it was an even bigger toilet seat last night but it's been edited from CaleyD size to normal erse size :015: :015: :015: :015:

I see it's restricted on here but normal size if you load it in a new window- 'ow do they do that then?

Anyway this place was making the headlines for various reasons in 1936, before the toilet seat was added.

Clicking the Image makes it full size in a new window now.

Code to do that and restrict the size (was me that made it smaller as it was breaking the forum width) is as follows

[url=http://www.caledonianfc.co.uk/stadium.jpg][img width=300 height=200]http://www.caledonianfc.co.uk/stadium.jpg[/img][/url]

Basically you place the image code within the link code

What were you doing at the Olympiastadion on August 3rd 1936, did you beat Jesse Owens in the 100m dash but were disqualified for running backwards.

Thats how Jesse Owens won four gold medals, and a certain Mr Hitler was not best pleased.

trivia

Running in Berlin, Owens (like most of the athletes) wore track shoes made by 69 Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik, a German firm. The company later split in two, becoming Adidas and PUMA.

Owens endorsed presidential candidate Alf Landon in 1936.

Owens was a member of Alpha Phi Alpha, the first intercollegiate Greek-letter fraternity established for African Americans.

Of course I was running backwards you fool, Mrs Mantis had post-coitally bitten off my head and I was having trouble seeing. That's the reason why athletes nowadays are not allowed sexual congress before races.

Apparently Mr Hitler made an excuse and left so he could avoid presenting medals to Mr Owens.

Without recourse to Wikipedia, the shoe guy was called Adi Dassler. Maybe.

Puma was set up by his brother. Maybe.